Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 garys27

I'm planning on doing the WW200 so this is definitely counter productive! Might join you lads for 100km though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Yiz are a bunch of sandbaggers.

Would be good to start with a reasonable bunch and try and stay together as long as we can. It gets lonely! Also I have done zero hill work in prep for this.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

daragh_ wrote: »
    Yiz are a bunch of sandbaggers.

Would be good to start with a reasonable bunch and try and stay together as long as we can. It gets lonely! Also I have done zero hill work in prep for this.:rolleyes:

That's just won't happen due to the wide variety of abilities. You'd be frustrated has hell going at my pace

Maybe we could try and time it so we at least overlap around Laragh for the first coffee stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

I'm not sure what time ill be starting. Could be anytime between 7 and 8 am. On one hand i'd like to be out and back early as possible as my Sister is coming up from Meath to mind the kids for me. But then the Wife will only be in from work the previous night at about 12.30 AM and is in work again at 11 or 12 so i don't want to poke the bears head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭devonp

anyone thinking of doing this on the bank holiday sat 3rd?

i'm due to be at dub airport 5.30am on Sun 11th!!, so even if i don't manage to finish(if i start), it might be a good idea if i could walk to the boarding gate!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Ah shoite!! I family-booked June 11th off... anyone going the day after? :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Not sure I can do it agin. The wife has my triple booked that week now hence the early attempt yesterday. Might make it down for a quick spin to kick things off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

i have put on weight in May, but I will probably give this a go, likely starting before 7am If possible, I did half route with Darragh in 2015, did not enjoy that

manafana wrote: »
    i have put on weight in May, but I will probably give this a go, likely starting before 7am If possible, I did half route with Darragh in 2015, did not enjoy that

I love you too man :p

There are a few others from the club doing it hopefully.

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »
    Ah shoite!! I family-booked June 11th off... anyone going the day after? :/

Sorry Alek.
    Babysitter is booked for the 10th for me so no chance i could change.

I'll try to re-book, but may be hard. Kiddos are having a party in Phoenix Park...

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

yeah think id like to give this a go - have a bit of climbing and distance done over the last few weekends and plan on doing the MB 160 route this weekend

head out as early as possible coming from phibsboro

many committing to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

They dont call me the hokey pokey king for nothing....
    Instead of looking all the way back whens the majority doing it...
    I've two races in the pipeline which I've to confirm... none of which will benefit from me partaking in the Evil this year....ive only done a few spins over the centuries so it might an option to jump and out...

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    yeah think id like to give this a go - have a bit of climbing and distance done over the last few weekends and plan on doing the MB 160 route this weekend

head out as early as possible coming from phibsboro

many committing to it?

and as quickly as i've committed I've just realised that the missus has a very important end of college degree show on the friday night which if I do not participate fully in the after festivities my life would not be worth living..

damn and damn again

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

And as the numbers dwindle, I too must bow out. According to my partner we are having guests over that day.

I'm in anyway. Hope to be there for 7 ish AM.
    If everyone just stopped looking at the route(including myself) and turn up, sure it will be grand

Forecast is 80% chance of Alek showing up on the day

Forecast is 80% chance of Alek showing up on the day

No drinking sessions the night before this year:rolleyes:

Thats the remaining 20% chance

• Advertisement

I'll be there at 7. Hopefully there will be some fresh meat new faces - otherwise Irishrover will be bored to tears again listening to me waffle on

If you outwaffle irishrover I may need to fake a mechanical

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭sbs2010

I'm still on for it. 7am start is the earliest I could do.
    What's the likely average average speed we're looking at ?

I aim at 23-24...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

I might be up for this. May require a new cassette. 39-23 might be a bit ambitious for this ride....

Just install them in reverse: 23/39 will be just right.

Gears? Who said anything about gears?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,507 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I hope to try it over the summer. I'm committed to another cycle that weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

sbs2010 wrote: »
    ...What's the likely average average speed we're looking at ?
    I aim at 23-24...
    23-24! :eek:

I only managed 19km/h last year. :o

https://www.strava.com/activities/672812717

• Advertisement

Well, this is very optimistic on my side, but then I don't think the route is *that* much more challenging than MB200... and your average was over 23 on it?

[edit]

hold on... So thats 5000m over ~230km this year? Maybe you're right, 20kph will be more realistic for me.

You've just sown the seed of doubt, thank you very much >

Advertisement