Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evil 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Yes same place

• Registered Users Posts: 21 2406r

I would like to tag along for as long as possible - is a consensus forming around 07:30 as the generally accepted start time?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 setanta59

Would you like me to list you event on irishsportives.ie? Its free, just go to www.irishsportives.ie/submit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

2406r wrote: »
    I would like to tag along for as long as possible - is a consensus forming around 07:30 as the generally accepted start time?

Looks like we have a posse. See you there

setanta59 wrote: »
    Would you like me to list you event on irishsportives.ie? Its free, just go to www.irishsportives.ie/submit

Not an organised Sportive so I'm not sure it should really go up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I wouldn't consider it a 'sportive'. Its more of an informal group ride, no organizers, no insurance, no marshalls, food stops etc.

Does anyone know of any water sources(those roadside green water taps) during the first 100km. I'd usually drink more than 2 500ml bottles in the first 4+ hours before we reach Laragh. Is their any on Lake Drive since we are not going near Manor Kilbride.

True Evilers drink rain and feed on roadkill

Alek wrote: »
    True Evilers drink rain and feed on roadkill

The tears of our enemies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Does anyone know of any water sources(those roadside green water taps) during the first 100km. I'd usually drink more than 2 500ml bottles in the first 4+ hours before we reach Laragh. Is their any on Lake Drive since we are not going near Manor Kilbride.

Most cemeterys have water taps.

Once your plumbing skills aren't zero you could get water in most fields set up for lifestock

#farmingformeraudaxsecrets

Enjoy

• Advertisement

Anyone thinking of doing it on Sunday?

Sat morning weather plus family commitments make me think of wimping out tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Anyone thinking of doing it on Sunday?...
    WW200

Are you doing both WA?

I don't mind WW200 folks, even if the route overlaps a bit, roads are not closed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Still hoping to do this but I destroyed the bike last weekend and the new frame hasn't arrived as far as I'm aware. Hopefully it's there when I get home but may end up having to do this solo at some other stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

got soaked thursday, so going pass on trying this saturday im a afraid. Enjoy

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I wasnt planning do this tomorrow but was hoping to turn up and do a few km but since my attempt two weeks ago I've ridden my bike once and i am on a course of strong antibiotics so I will be fast asleep when you set off.

Good luck and 'enjoy'!

My bike is waiting by the door like a suitcase waiting to go on holiday so see yous @ half 7 in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭smcclaw

The Naas open TT in the morning almost tempted me away but then I remembered the potential for multiple ice cream stops in Laragh on the Evil... see you at 7.30

As I've mentioned before I have mistakenly prepared the family schedule for Evil to take place on 11th Jun, and at the end decided to leave it as it is.

Enjoy your morning shower guys, I'll follow your trails the day after.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

How far to Laragh starting at Dundrum with the motley crew?
    Might double back then....

• Advertisement

How far to Laragh starting at Dundrum with the motley crew?
    Might double back then....

About 140-150km

About 140-150km

Without shay elliot :)

Without shay elliot :)

Yes you'd turn around after the Wicklow gap and you'd have a few choices back to Dundrum

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Are you doing both WA?...
    No, I'm moving house again tomorrow (4th address in 5 months and I'm sick of living out of boxes). I'll do the Evil in a few weeks. Doing the WW200 on Sunday.

Yes you'd turn around after the Wicklow gap and you'd have a few choices back to Dundrum

So about 80km to Laragh? Trying to work out food?

So about 80km to Laragh? Trying to work out food?

I think it's about 95

I think it's about 95

Ah sugar....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

Hope it's going well for all doing the E200. Was down in Wicklow hillwalking and once the clouds blew away it was great. That SW wind can't have too pleasant on the outward leg. Well done all.

Hardest day ever after my shoulder went after 150 km. Felt great all day before that. Last 60 km I used all my power just to keep in a straight line. Descending was really dodgy. Cut short the last climb and coming home from enniskerry was purgatory. Only 2 100+ km spins since last years evil is obviously not enough training i so guess my upper body is not up to the task. Lots of suffering out there today from the 6 of us

210 km 4300m 21.6 average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Well done all that did this today. I was out sailing and some of the gusts were very strong. It must have been hard work – particularaly on exposed sections – but a nice warm day too!

Advertisement