Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Woodbrook Crescent in Castleknock

Options
  • 18-12-2016 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everyone. We are currently based in Dubai but will be moving next summer to Woodbrook Crescent in Castleknock. My husband and our two children are Irish citizens but we have never lived there. Our children are 2 and 3, so we are looking for tips or recommendations on primary schools, things to do, etc. Is woodbrook a good place for a family? I know it will be very different from where we are now so I'm just trying to prepare myself. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I live in Riverwood, the estate across the road from Woodbrook.

Directly across the road from you there is a good sized open space area for running around, a small basketball court, two tennis courts and a small playground (idea for your children). These are open to all, not just residents of Riverwood.
    There is a play area in Woodbrook, above the car park. With a bit if imagination children can have a lot of fun there.

Public transport: Woodbrook is very close to Coolmine train station which can bring you to the city centre or out towards Leixlip and Maynooth.
    The 37 bus will bring you to town or to the nearby Blanchardstown Centre (a massive shopping centre).

Schools: You are quite near a number of schools though most have a catchment area so you may not be able to choose which one your children attend. Most of the schools have a Catholic ethos.
    Catholic schools: St Mochta's, St Patrick's, Scoil Thomais, St Brigid's
    Multi-denominational: Scoil Choilm Community National School, Castleknock Educate Together National School (heavily oversubscribed - pre-enrol immediately if you want to have a chance to get in).

To do: Large playgrounds at Millennium Park and St Catherine's Park, Phoenix Park has Dublin Zoo and ample places to explore. Dublin city centre has museums (the Natural History Museum would be okay for very young children).

• Registered Users Posts: 29 zyraaisha

Thank you very much daymobrew. Your comment is just what I needed. We tried to register our son who will be 4 next year to few primary schools in the area. However, because we are still living abroad we can't provide utility bills so my husband will be going before us in 3 weeks to go to schools himself. But again, thanks so much.

Advertisement