Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The most ridiciously priced item

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

jonon9 wrote: »
    This has got to be a contender for the most ridiculous priced item ever.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Quest-Diamond-HDMI-Cable/dp/B003CT2A6I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electr

The similar products at the bottom of the page has a 4.5m cable for £6.95.
    I'd personally just move my telly 1/2m closer and save the 2 grand:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I bought a pack of cigarettes in Laos for 2,000 kip. At the time, that was less than 20 cents. So like a cent per cigarette. Awful things.

Found them on Google. http://www.tttt.ru/31208.jpg

I smoked them when I was there. I quite liked them. And the ones in the beige pack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

Double edged razor ftw. Blades are a few cents each, much closer shave and much better for your skin.

My problem is that I seem to be unable to shave without cutting the face off myself when I use anything but a Gillette.

I usually try and get 4-5 months use out of each blade though so don't spend as much on them as some folk. Although perhaps that's a bit manky? Is it..:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

HensVassal wrote: »
    The arsehole actually bought one, burnt it and then reviewed it.

WTF!!!

Actually, reading the review, the arsehole actually has a history of buying them, and now they changed there product and he's not happy. He needs a slap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

My problem is that I seem to be unable to shave without cutting the face off myself when I use anything but a Gillette.

I usually try and get 4-5 months use out of each blade though so don't spend as much on them as some folk. Although perhaps that's a bit manky? Is it..:P

Get a razerpit

I saw it mentioned here and bought one. Works really well. I shave my head too so I fly through blades. And I'd probably slice off half my head with a double sided blade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭Butters1979

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Audio-Quest-Diamond-HDMI-Cable/dp/B003CT2A6I/ref=sr_1_1?s=electr

Anyone with time to kill and the Monday blues I recommend reading the product reviews for that. Absolutely brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Rezident

Nvidia gpu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Forgot to mention the much advertised Dyson Hair Dryer at about £400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Anyone with time to kill and the Monday blues I recommend reading the product reviews for that. Absolutely brilliant.
    One quiet evening after the wife had finished her daily nagging routine I thought it would be a good idea to invite her to join me to watch my gentleman's blu-rays with me, and she accepted the invitation. After a good evening of watching the incredible quality movies we went to bed and thought nothing of it. A few weeks later my wife started feeling a bit ill, so we took her to the doctor to have him take a look. After an hour or so the doctor came out, shook my hand and congratulated me on conceiving our first child. But we had neglected to do the required process for this to happen for quite some time. Initially I suspected my wife had been unfaithful but after 9 months a beautiful baby boy was born. But he didn't look like me, I recognised the face though. I pulled out my (now very large) blu-ray collection and put on the film we had on the night my wife joined me in my hobby, and my son looked exactly like the leading actor. Yes this HDMI cable made my films so clear and realistic, it made my wife pregnant. Thank-you Audio Quest for making such a top quality cable.

:D:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

It actually costs 100 trillion per kilo!!

I know a bloke

Cold sweats scrolling down there in case I hit one click purchase!

Edit: not the only one, I see !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Cold sweats scrolling down there in case I hit one click purchase!

the reviews for it are good
    take a look!

The add at the bottom of this page keeps trying to sell me a set of various metal spinning tops for $885 - eh, good luck with that - what the hell sort of clown would spend that on what is basically a Christmas cracker toy?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

The add at the bottom of this page keeps trying to sell me a set of various metal spinning tops for $885 - eh, good luck with that - what the hell sort of clown would spend that on what is basically a Christmas cracker toy?:mad:

See bold for explanation :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

mansize wrote: »
    That Dunnes plank

It takes a plank to buy a plank :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Ah! So thats what they are.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Grayson wrote: »
    £115.00 for 600g ?

At today's prices £248 is the value of 600g of Silver.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

hairyslug wrote: »
    Not expensive (€10) but Avoca do a small plastic case filled with air, it's the gift for someone who has everything
    No no no,

The proper gift for someone who has everything is a box to put it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭redbel05

The local (very average) hotel has just got a new dish called "Salmon on the Stone".

In the same hotel, a normal salmon main course (without the stone) costs €11.50.

"Salmon on the Stone" costs €28.50

Which would have been fine if I had known to specify that I didn't want a Stone with my Salmon.... I paid two and a half times more, and there was absolutely no difference in the dish, apart from the fact that they gave me a few salad leaves on the side instead of the usual mash and veg :(

Should have asked if I could keep the stone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,769 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

redbel05 wrote: »
    The local (very average) hotel has just got a new dish called "Salmon on the Stone".

In the same hotel, a normal salmon main course (without the stone) costs €11.50.

Which would have been fine if I had known to specify that I didn't want a Stone with my Salmon.... I paid two and a half times more, and there was absolutely no difference in the dish, apart from the fact that they gave me a few salad leaves on the side instead of the usual mash and veg :(

Ah come on you had to cook it yourself on the stone, of course it's going to be more expensive :pac:

• Advertisement

Doesn't Gwyneth Paltrows website sell some magic crystal sex toy for 10 grand a pop or something crazy like that:eek:
    I don't much fancy googling it in work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Doesn't Gwyneth Paltrows website sell some magic crystal sex toy for 10 grand a pop or something crazy like that:eek:
    Yeah, the last thing you need is your boss finding out you've been googling Gwyneth Paltrow.

Can you imagine the shame?

Nice Christmas pressie for someone
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/gwyneth-paltrows-goop-features-sex-toy-guide-w205986

Alright I have way toooooooo much time on my hands ;)

redbel05 wrote: »

It'd better have been the salmon of feckin knowledge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

It'd better have been the salmon of feckin knowledge!

It was the salmon of knowledge but he didnt know till after he ate the fish at how he was ripped off :D

Riva10 wrote: »
    Nice Christmas pressie for someone
    http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/gwyneth-paltrows-goop-features-sex-toy-guide-w205986

Alright I have way toooooooo much time on my hands ;)

I wonder would my missus like it? It's that or perfume:D

I wonder would my missus like it? It's that or perfume:D

Stay with the perfume. Remember the Galaxy phone. Horrible the smell of burning hair. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I've been getting those ads too, And I now kinda really want the spinning tops!
    Definitely can't afford/justify the set, but might convince myself on the cheapest single one eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭0127647

Euro 7.60 Pint of Heiniken in Templebar

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Rose_Gold

Aldi have a Lime, Basil & Mandarin candle (called No.1) for €4.99 .... its identical to the jo malone one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Surely perfume itself must qualify?

Some are hundreds of euro for a small bottle.

It's basically nice smelling alcohol/water.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭CaptainR

Art is ridiculously expensive for what you get.

An example http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/jeff-koons-b-1955-two-ball-5496717-details.aspx

4.2 million dollars.

NIMAN wrote: »
    Surely perfume itself must qualify?

Some are hundreds of euro for a small bottle.

It's basically nice smelling alcohol/water.
    In the old days it took pain and suffering like hand picked flowers by minimum wage labour in awful conditions. And all sorts of disgusting things like whale vomit and hyrax poop the anal glands of selfish endangered species. (endangered because of harvesting and selfish because the greedy bastards don't want to share)

Nowadays it's mostly chemicals and the flowers are gathered by machines with air conditioned cabs. So all they are extracting are smells.
    That's the problem these days. In the past you could be sure they were also extracting happiness , distilling it and adding it to every bottle.

The moral is of course that you can buy happiness, but it's very, very expensive and secondhand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭westcoast66

In the early 2000's, I had a mobile data card for my laptop.

Out of package charges were:

2c per kb =
    €20 per MB =
    €20,000 per GB !

You really had to make sure that you stayed within your package!

In the early 2000's, I had a mobile data card for my laptop.

Out of package charges were:

2c per kb =
    €20 per MB =
    €20,000 per GB !

You really had to make sure that you stayed within your package!

And we think that 3 are robbing us today. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Any Apple product.

Fools and their money...

Somewhere in Mexico Los Dos Ronaldos are doing a sketch with that candle and a Home Alone DVD.

CaptainR wrote: »

An example http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/Lot/jeff-koons-b-1955-two-ball-5496717-details.aspx

4.2 million dollars.

It holds its value or even increases though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

hairyslug wrote: »
    Not expensive (€10) but Avoca do a small plastic case filled with air, it's the gift for someone who has everything

...except for a brain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Dolce & Gabanna sunglasses

https://fancy.com/things/160953484038898644/Dolce-%26-Gabbana%E2%80%99s-DG2027B-Sunglasses-Price%3A-$383,609

Yours for the bargain price of $380,000. Be fairly pissed when you sit on them when you get back into the car I'd imagine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,216 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Saipanne wrote: »
    Any Apple product.

Fools and their money...

Yes to this them cooking apples shrink in the water when you boil them. Am I kewl now?

Imagine paying over the odds for a little Apple logo? L oh L.

#morto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,921 ✭✭✭✭looksee

4.2 million dollars.

At the other end of the art scale are some of the amateurs that are under the impression that by applying paint to a canvas they are painting money. Some of the prices of items in local cafes and cultural centres are beyond ridiculous.

There is some good stuff out there, I recently treated myself to a painting which, while amateur, is really very good. I bought it because I liked it, not because it will increase in value (very unlikely), but some of the stuff I would be embarrassed to admit to.

4.2 million dollars.
    HMS Illustrious was sold for £2.1 Million.

A 22,000 tonne aircraft carrier with accommodation for over a thousand

Advertisement