Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Active Noise Canceling Bluetooth headphones £28

• 18-12-2016 10:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭

For all of us looking at the Bose thread but can't justify €200+ for a set of headphones, I picked up 2 sets of these Lindy BNX60 wired/wireless active noise cancelling headphones for £28 + parcel motel costs.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/322267491477?_mwBanner=1

They get fantastic reviews and are £89 on Richer Sounds. Order this evening and they may just arrive in time for Christmas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Nice one.
    I've been looking at a pair of ANC headphones for ages.

For this price I can forget about thinking and just hit buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

stimpson wrote: »
    For all of us looking at the Bose thread but can't justify €200+ for a set of headphones, I picked up 2 sets of these Lindy BNX60 wired/wireless active noise cancelling headphones for £28 + parcel motel costs.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/322267491477?_mwBanner=1

They get fantastic reviews and are £89 on Richer Sounds. Order this evening and they may just arrive in time for Christmas.

Golfem rule of buying online - if the price is so low that it seems like a robbery, it actually is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

So if someone talks to you while you're listening to these.. You don't hear them at all?
    Wondering about suitability for an office environment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

I just bought these https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00Q2VIW9M/ref=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1 for my nephews. If I had seen those as posted in the Original post I may have changed my mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

grogi wrote: »
    Golfem rule of buying online - if the price is so low that it seems like a robbery, it actually is...

Looking like a misprice. This is the sellers webpage showing them at full price

http://www.gfiglobal.com/audio-visual/Headphones/bnx-60-bluetooth-wireless-active-noise-cancelling-headphones-with-aptx.html#.WFcAb4HfWEc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Does look a bit too good to be true so might skip it. Hope it works out for those who order

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

the Lindy headphones look identical to the Aero Freedom phones that 7dayshop sell:
    https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7dayshop-aero-freedom-active-noise-cancelling-bluetooth-4-1-wireless-headphones-headset-with-mic-for-handsfree-sb-004

I have these, they're alright, the ANC cuts out low frequency sounds quite well but does nothing for mid and high frequency noise.

loyatemu wrote: »
    the Lindy headphones look identical to the Aero Freedom phones that 7dayshop sell:
    https://www.7dayshop.com/products/7dayshop-aero-freedom-active-noise-cancelling-bluetooth-4-1-wireless-headphones-headset-with-mic-for-handsfree-sb-004

I have these, they're alright, the ANC cuts out low frequency sounds quite well but does nothing for mid and high frequency noise.

Yep. Spec looks identical. If it allows me to sleep Ina long haul flight then it's money well spent for me.

Does look a bit too good to be true so might skip it. Hope it works out for those who order

Pay with PayPal. What have you got to lose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Ordered a pair, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭barry75

Thanks OP ordered a pair ,can't go wrong at that price

Someone posted this on hukd and they're nearly all gone.

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭long_b

Someone from this parish?

/* Whets knives */

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Pay with PayPal. What have you got to lose?

They'd probably end up in a drawer and not get used :)

:( I doubt the chances were too high of this going through anyway but completely dead now. Some idiot purchased 60 in one go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi,

I’m very sorry to inform you that there has been a huge mistake on this listing due to an upload error on Friday, regretfully we are unable to fulfil your order at the price shown on the listing.

We kindly ask you if we can cancel your order and give you a full refund, please send a reply confirming to cancel so that it does not affect our crucial ebay rating too much.

Over 400 of the BNX headphones sold over the weekend at less than half the price we can even buy them for, we are a very small family run business… if we were to fulfil all of these orders at the price shown it would put us out of business for certain.

The absolute best price we can offer them to you is £69.47, if you would still like to receive the Headphones we would require an extra payment of £41.00. If you wish to pay the excess to receive your order please reply and I will send you details for additional payment.

Otherwise please confirm to agree cancelation of your order and I will cancel and refund ASAP.
    Best Regards

GF Innovations Limited

Unit 1, Barn end, Wellingtonia Avenue
    Crowthorne
    Berkshire
    RG45 6AB
    UK

Office: 01344 577 980
    http://www.gfiglobal.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

That sounds like you can legally refuse to cancel, and get them at the originally agreed price anyway. But yeah, guilty conscious and all that.

Hope that they're not genuine with that, as it would be disastrous if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I guess I will be getting the mail soon.

Balls anyway. I knew this would happen when I saw it pop up on HUKD.

I forgot the first rule of BA - wait until yours ships before telling the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

They don't have to honour those sales, items accidently advertised at incorrect prices do not have to be honoured and a refund is acceptable.

I expect the price advertised was their purchase price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Balls anyway. I knew this would happen when I saw it pop up on HUKD.

I forgot the first rule of BA - wait until yours ships before telling the world.

The imapct of HUKD would put us here on BA in the penny place. The damage was done there I'm afraid. Still a fantastic site for bargain alerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Just wondering has everyone got an email on these , I am still waiting for mine

dodzy wrote: »
    The imapct of HUKD would put us here on BA in the penny place. The damage was done there I'm afraid. Still a fantastic site for bargain alerts.

It's the greedy ****s over there that order 80 at a time that spoil it for everyone.

I haven't received a email yet,

_Brian wrote: »
    They don't have to honour those sales, items accidently advertised at incorrect prices do not have to be honoured and a refund is acceptable.

I expect the price advertised was their purchase price.

You are quoting how a normal retailer operates. I am not sure it is the same for an Ebay retailer as their name/feedback rating is everything to them.

from HUKD
    AFAIK the buyer needs to accept the cancel request, if they don't then the seller must fulfil or they get a non-performing seller strike

I haven't even received the request to cancel yet?

barry75 wrote: »
    I haven't received a email yet,

I wonder did some of the early orders slip through the net? It is the hope that kills you :P

I wonder did some of the early orders slip through the net? It is the hope that kills you :P

Nope. I got my cancellation email there.

No mail yet for me. I guess I will be getting one soon enough.

• Advertisement

Finally just got a cancellation email :(

It was a genuine mistake so no harm but I must say I think it is a little scummy to be touting for business in the cancelation emails asking customers if they still want to purchase them for a massive 52p discount from the current purchase price :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Finally just got a cancellation email :(

It was a genuine mistake so no harm but I must say I think it is a little scummy to be touting for business in the cancelation emails asking customers if they still want to purchase them for a massive 52p discount from the current purchase price :rolleyes:

Agreed, hadn't realised they were only reducing their normal price by so little, to their absolute best price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

To you think it was a stunt to get free advertising?

Got the cancellation email today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

grogi wrote: »
    To you think it was a stunt to get free advertising?

I doubt it. It may of course raised their profile but at the end of it its hardly good publicity if that was the case?

Got a refund today from the seller,I never even had to cancel the order

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »

After the eBay fiasco I ordered a set of these and they just arrived. Great phones for the price - seem like good quality. Sound is very good with the ANC turned on. I'm going to use them instead of my work headset for calls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bigmike99

the 7dayshop Headphones AERO 7 are in amzon warehouse for 30gpb.
    free delivery.
    Also the Lindys there for a reduced price too. 60gbp i think.

bigmike99 wrote: »
    the 7dayshop Headphones AERO 7 are in amzon warehouse for 30gpb.
    free delivery.
    Also the Lindys there for a reduced price too. 60gbp i think.

Are they the ones that take AAA batteries? The ones I have are rechargeable Lithium and are £40 on amazon

Advertisement