Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Daystate Airwolf 40 fpe 22 rifle setup.

Options
  • 18-12-2016 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Well lads

Just for anyone interested in PCP air rifles.

I've had this a while and been changing bits and pieces on and off but I am happy with it now.

Its a Daystate Airwolf 40 fpe 22 rifle
    Barrel is fully shrouded so it's nice and quiet.

Electronically regulated (kind of) and has 16 power settings.

Electronic trigger too which is like clicking a computer mouse. It takes some getting used to.

The scope is a Vortex Viper Pst ffp mil mil 6-24x50 ebr1 reticle.

Bipod is a GG&G XDS tactical bipod which is very lightweight.

It likes JSB jumbo heavies 18.13 gr

I haven't pushed the distances yet but I plan to. I've shot vermin to 90 yards no bother but it is capable of much more. I'll break the 100 yards no bother. My Airarms was getting me beyond 100 consistently and accurately.

Anyway, I hope some of you like it and it might get you interested in one of the best forms of shooting for vermin control and fun :)

If it's not your thing, that's cool too :)

I've plenty of rifles but I use my air rifle more than any other because of the versatility.

20161218_210858_zpseszybnlu_edit_1482096311216_zpsmzgzfips.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭denismac

Thanks for the review.
    I was considering getting a PCP rifle in the new year. The one I was looking at was a Air Arms Ultimate Sporter in .22. You say you have an Air Arms rifle also.
    How does the Daystate compare?
    Whats the retail price on that model Daystate here in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

denismac wrote: »
    Thanks for the review.
    I was considering getting a PCP rifle in the new year. The one I was looking at was a Air Arms Ultimate Sporter in .22. You say you have an Air Arms rifle also.
    How does the Daystate compare?
    Whats the retail price on that model Daystate here in Ireland?

I that one a while but I would say around 1500 on the current exchange, maybe a bit cheaper.

The Airarms was one of the nicest rifles I've owned. Accurate, dependable, easy service. Mechanically bomb proof. I would also been just as happy with it

The Daystate is a more refined air rifle in that there is a lot of electronic trickery going on under the bonnet.

Both rifles had Lothar barrels and the Airwolf is about 20% more powerful but that's probably the limit of the usable power in that caliber.

If you are going to be using the pcp for mostly hunting, the one downside of the Airarms is length especially if you use a moderator. So go carbine would be my thinking.

Hearing great things about the Brocock Compatto at the moment too and they are supposed to be keenly priced as well.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to shoot one as they are hard to come by at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

There are a lot of grumblings across the water about Daystate's after sales service.I find it surprising -Tony Belas heads them up and he seems a complete professional.Do you have any problems with this. ? The old Daystate Mark 4 was a peach of a rifle, pity they dropped it.

recipio wrote: »
    There are a lot of grumblings across the water about Daystate's after sales service.I find it surprising -Tony Belas heads them up and he seems a complete professional.Do you have any problems with this. ? The old Daystate Mark 4 was a peach of a rifle, pity they dropped it.

Fortunately I haven't needed their support but I have heard conflicting reports about it. Some say it's good but I have had rfds saying that they are a nightmare to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

amadablam wrote: »
    Well lads

Just for anyone interested in PCP air rifles.

I've had this a while and been changing bits and pieces on and off but I am happy with it now.

Its a Daystate Airwolf 40 fpe 22 rifle
    Barrel is fully shrouded so it's nice and quiet.

Electronically regulated (kind of) and has 16 power settings.

Electronic trigger too which is like clicking a computer mouse. It takes some getting used to.

The scope is a Vortex Viper Pst ffp mil mil 6-24x50 ebr1 reticle.

Bipod is a GG&G XDS tactical bipod which is very lightweight.

It likes JSB jumbo heavies 18.13 gr

I haven't pushed the distances yet but I plan to. I've shot vermin to 90 yards no bother but it is capable of much more. I'll break the 100 yards no bother. My Airarms was getting me beyond 100 consistently and accurately.

Anyway, I hope some of you like it and it might get you interested in one of the best forms of shooting for vermin control and fun :)

If it's not your thing, that's cool too :)

I've plenty of rifles but I use my air rifle more than any other because of the versatility.

20161218_210858_zpseszybnlu_edit_1482096311216_zpsmzgzfips.jpg
    A Beauty,will you stop tormenting me showing me this,really tempted LOL

• Advertisement

A Beauty,will you stop tormenting me showing me this,really tempted LOL

You know that you will succumb eventually so you might as well do it now and get more enjoyment from it :)

On a side note - where do you get your tank tested and filled around Limerick?

denismac wrote: »
    On a side note - where do you get your tank tested and filled around Limerick?

I don't get mine done in limerick at all, I have it done in clare for me.

You could try limerick sub aqua club or if you go to kilkee, the dive center there. Or if you have any friends in the fire service.

Clare would work for me too but would I have to go all the way back to Kilkee?

Advertisement