Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan transfer window

• 19-12-2016 12:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Who'll be buying who this transfer window?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Draxler will move somewhere, but definitely away from Wolfsburg in January

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Well Oscar is moving away, not sure we need to replace him as we dont really rely on a CAM anymore.

The money is insane, its about double what hes actually worth IMO and for the calibre of player you'd be hoping to come in and improve the team, well theyre usually not available in January, so I cant see us buying big in January.

Mikel is out of contract in the summer and hes meant to be going to France, so their might be announcement about that. Ivanovic is in the same situation but unlike Mikel, whos played 0 mins so far under Conte, Ivanovic has got the odd 10-15mins in this run. JT is out of contract too in the summer so I'd expect all 3 to be gone in the summer.

Other than them and Oscar, I cant see us selling anyone and I cant see us bringing in anyone either at the moment but long term we do need another CM at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Well Oscar is moving away, not sure we need to replace him as we dont really rely on a CAM anymore.

The money is insane, its about double what hes actually worth IMO and for the calibre of player you'd be hoping to come in and improve the team, well theyre usually not available in January, so I cant see us buying big in January.

Mikel is out of contract in the summer and hes meant to be going to France, so their might be announcement about that. Ivanovic is in the same situation but unlike Mikel, whos played 0 mins so far under Conte, Ivanovic has got the odd 10-15mins in this run. JT is out of contract too in the summer so I'd expect all 3 to be gone in the summer.

Other than them and Oscar, I cant see us selling anyone and I cant see us bringing in anyone either at the moment but long term we do need another CM at least.
    are chelsea going to buy the columbian guy from madrid

Bowlardo wrote: »
    are chelsea going to buy the columbian guy from madrid

No idea, I seen it on the Mirror or Twitter or both.

Again though, I dont think a player like James will be available, Real still have a transfer ban until the summer so if they did lose him they couldnt replace him and with Bale out for another few months, I'd be shocked if they sold him in January.

If you were told this time last year that Chelsea would be about to sell Oscar, however Moses is a nail on starter you would be forgiven in thinking they were gone mad

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Mark Hughes confirmed Bony has a clause in his loan deal that allows him to move to China if an offer comes in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Anyone want to buy an Ox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

One likely mover will be Virgil Van Dijk,Southampton are struggling for goals and would have 40m plus to reinvest if they sold him.

From his own perspective Chelsea,Man City and Man Utd are after him so a mid season move would see him have an decent chance of winning the title in his first season.He is on the record as saying he was very disappointed when the Saints run in Europe ended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

United have allegedly made contact with Benfica over Victor Lindelöf (Swedish CB)

If you were told this time last year that Chelsea would be about to sell Oscar, however Moses is a nail on starter you would be forgiven in thinking they were gone mad

:D

Ya, although this time last year we were marooned in about 15th place in the league too. :o

I'm not a huge fan of Oscar anyway, far too hit or miss at the elite level IMO.

Although, last January there was a similar offer form China for Oscar and the club and Oscar turned it down, 12months later, more sensible heads have prevailed and if anyones wages are trebled, you cant really blame them for wanting out, especailly in a bit part role at their club.

• Advertisement

• Greizmann to Utd (One can dream :P)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

James Rodriguez wants to leave Madrid.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Greizmann to Utd (One can dream :P)

Atletico are doing very poor in La Liga by their standards but unless Simeone leaves in the summer I dont think Griezmann will leave, certainly not in January anyway.

A bit like James at Real, I just cant see him leaving in January, the summer, depending on circumstances, is a different ball game however.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Atletico are doing very poor in La Liga by their standards but unless Simeone leaves in the summer I dont think Griezmann will leave, certainly not in January anyway.

A bit like James at Real, I just cant see him leaving in January, the summer, depending on circumstances, is a different ball game however.

Agreed with Griezmann. Can't see him moving till summer. I wouldnt be shocked to hear we tried activating the release clause now though, and he rejects advnaces till at least the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Not a chance of Griezmann leaving in January. I'd say there's a high possibility of him moving to Old Trafford in the summer to link up with Pogba though.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Agreed with Griezmann. Can't see him moving till summer. I wouldnt be shocked to hear we tried activating the release clause now though, and he rejects advnaces till at least the summer.
    Johner wrote: »
    Not a chance of Griezmann leaving in January. I'd say there's a high possibility of him moving to Old Trafford in the summer to link up with Pogba though.

Isnt he a Utd fan too? Would set Utd up for the next 5 years too if they got him, hes a serious talent, top 5 in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Isnt he a Utd fan too? Would set Utd up for the next 5 years too if they got him, hes a serious talent, top 5 in the world.

but what about that stupid goal celebration ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Atleti also have a transfer ban so doubt they'll be selling their main player when they can't bring anyone else in.

but what about that stupid goal celebration ?

As long as he doesnt start dabbing he'll get a free pass for his current celebration from me anyway.

Atleti also have a transfer ban so doubt they'll be selling their main player when they can't bring anyone else in.

In theory, they won't have a choice if he wants to go. Release clause :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

In theory, they won't have a choice if he wants to go. Release clause :/

Pretty sure Spanish release clauses only apply to Spanish clubs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

LiamoSail wrote: »

It works differently.. the player themselve have to pay the release clauses and this can cause problems with tax n that.. pretty sure we paid the release clauses for Herrera..

Bayern did the same for Javi Martinez.. it's really messy but I'm sure a club like United have the resources to sort that stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool are supposedly interested in a wide attacker of some sort but hard to divine anything beyond that.

astradave wrote: »
    It works differently.. the player themselvespecially have to pay the release clauses and this can cause problems with tax n that.. pretty sure we paid the release clauses for Herrera..

Bayern did the same for Javi Martinez.. it's really messy but I'm sure a club like United have the resources to sort that stuff

Is he represented by Jorge Mendes?

• LiamoSail wrote: »
    Is he represented by Jorge Mendes?

Yep

Yep

I'd guess he's a banker to end up at United then. Really hope not though, my TV screen barely survived him doing that celebration against Ireland. No way it would survive him doing IT against Liverpool a few times a year

Yep

You sure? I was pretty certain he didn't have an agent.

You know we are talking about Griezmann and not James yeah? :D

Edit: Google and his advisor is Eric Olhats but seems to have split from him in September to represent himself

Edit again.. Google is ****.. Eric Olhats and his father advise him but he represents himself

Sorry :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Griezmann doesnt have an agent anymore afaik.

• LiamoSail wrote: »
    I'd guess he's a banker to end up at United then. Really hope not though, my TV screen barely survived him doing that celebration against Ireland. No way it would survive him doing IT against Liverpool a few times a year
    It pissed me off rightly in the Euros also
    It's either that or the dab, not sure which is worse
    Suppose I won't complain if Utd scoop him up :P

• Advertisement

• astradave wrote: »
    You sure? I was pretty certain he didn't have an agent.

You know we are talking about Griezmann and not James yeah? :D

Edit: Google and his advisor is Eric Olhats

He had as of last year nearly sure of it, sounds like he's gonski now from what you are saying

LiamoSail wrote: »
    astradave wrote: »
    It works differently.. the player themselvespecially have to pay the release clauses and this can cause problems with tax n that.. pretty sure we paid the release clauses for Herrera..

Yeah. The basic gist is the release clause is a figure the player himself can pay to get out of his contract. So, for instance with Herrera, United give Herrera the money (+ taxes), he then gives it to the club to buy himself out, and then signs for United.

A lot of clubs, iirc, try to avoid this; if the "selling" club knows this will happen, they will often just take the offer direct from the buying club, saving the buying club the taxes, and also making the whole situation less messy. But then you've got akward clubs like Bilbao, who refuse to help the process.

Thats why United had the whole "Three Lawyers" fisaco a few years back, when three lads claimed they were representing United in the initial attempts to get Herrera. Because the selling club refused to work the deal, some chances tried to act as imaginary intermediates.

He had as of last year nearly sure of it, sounds like he's gonski now from what you are saying

He was with Grupo Santos Idub, who he left in September.

Mendes runs Gestifude(sic I think)

Either way he won't be moving till at least the summer imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://t.co/veOo1bPLkf

Arsenal to target Reus if Ozil or Sanchez leave....The Telegraph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Portuguese clubs really know how to get huge money for there players.
    Getting 38m for Lindelof.

• Nothing money for a transfer in January
    Modern day football has changed, never understand this moan when big clubs spend the cash

• Advertisement

Nothing money for a transfer in January
    Modern day football has changed, never understand this moan when big clubs spend the cash

You've hit the nail on the head about January.

For a selling club its basically a name your price scenario, especailly when a bigger, richer club comes in for your player, thats the killer thing about the January window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Nothing money for Man Utd & most PL clubs I agree.
    It is great money for Benfica though. Especially for player who has mostly played in the B team in his time at Benfica. He is very young for a CB .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bazoer is joining Wolfsburg from Ajax, that is confirmed.
    Juventus look to be stockpiling another impressive centre back by getting Caldara from Atalanta. He'll likely remain at Atalanta until the summer or maybe later.
    They already have Bonucci, Chiellini, Barzagli, Benatia & Rugani who was very impressive last weekend vs Roma.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Joey Barton back to Burnley untli the end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Corholio wrote: »
    Joey Barton back to Burnley untli the end of the season.

Delighted with that. He is a decent player when his head is at it. Was very good last season for them and dyche seems to be the one manager who can handle him.

• Advertisement

Draxler looks set to move to PSG

Draxler looks set to move to PSG

Bouhafsi is reporting it too. He would be one of the most reliable with regards to French league/players

https://twitter.com/mohamedbouhafsi/status/811280118958133249

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

MD1990 wrote: »
    Portuguese clubs really know how to get huge money for there players.
    Getting 38m for Lindelof.

Where is the moan in that post?
    I don't see him moaning in any way, shape or form there. He is just pointing out how Portugese clubs seem to get big money for players.

• Another Bailey rumored for Utd also

"Jamaican wonderkid Leon Bailey could move to Manchester United if they meet Genk’s asking price and allow the teenager to remain with the Belgian side for the remainder of the season.

The 19-year-old has been sensational for Peter Maes’ side this term, particularly in the Europa League, where three goals in the qualifiers and four more in the group stage has seen him named in the team of the tournament so far."

Another Bailey rumored for Utd also

"Jamaican wonderkid Leon Bailey could move to Manchester United if they meet Genk’s asking price and allow the teenager to remain with the Belgian side for the remainder of the season.

The 19-year-old has been sensational for Peter Maes’ side this term, particularly in the Europa League, where three goals in the qualifiers and four more in the group stage has seen him named in the team of the tournament so far."

I seen him play against Cork City in the Europa League during the summer and he was quality, easily the best player on the park, exceptionally quick and direct but his finishing was erratic and he was very one sided.

Still though, given his age and the potential he seems to have, he wont be at Genk for long.

This was De Boer, manager at Ajax at the time said of him when he was on trial at 15 or 16.
    “We tested him in different areas. In speed and agility he was already better than some guys of the first team. He’s so fast it's not normal. His speed in combination with his technique is very rare. Exceptional. He has no weak points."

I think I posted during the summer in the Chelsea thread, when Chelsea were apparently interested, that he could be one for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Bailey looked quality alright when saw him play City. His speed from standing still was unreal. Seems a bit of a headcase though, was moaning at his team mates for his own passes going astray. Looks a talent though.

Corholio wrote: »
    Bailey looked quality alright when saw him play City. His speed from standing still was unreal. Seems a bit of a headcase though, was moaning at his team mates for his own passes going astray. Looks a talent though.

Ya, he was booked and threw and landed an elbow on I think Garry Buckley and was lucky not to be sent off, he was subbed about 2 mins later.

I keep seeing his name though in Europe League match reports so he must be doing very well for Genk in the competition.

As you said, headcase but that hot streak could help him thrive in an ultra competitive league too.

• Sky Sports reporting West Brom have bid 18m for Morgan Scheiderlan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Sky Sports reporting West Brom have bid 18m for Morgan Scheiderlan

If he goes there, I'll eat my mince pies.

Not my eyes, I mean ACTUAL pies...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Draxler to PSG apparently

• Advertisement
Advertisement