Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan transfer window

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

domrush wrote: »
    Where do ye reckon Snodgrass will end up lads? He's far too good for the championship, possibly a return to a newly promoted Leeds?

As I remember Bilic announced he'd like to leave West ham but stayed until the end of the season to keep them up.

Leeds ain't going up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

domrush wrote: »
    Where do ye reckon Snodgrass will end up lads? He's far too good for the championship, possibly a return to a newly promoted Leeds?

As I remember Bilic announced he'd like to leave West ham but stayed until the end of the season to keep them up.

Celtic?

Although I'd doubt theyed be able to afford him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

That's a lot for a temperamental player who is out of contract in 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    No he didn't.

He said he wanted to leave but still played to his best abilities until the end of the season.
    If Payet did the same WHU fans wouldn't hate him at all.

I wouldn't necessarily agree there. Fans tend to react badly to a player stating they want to leave, usually regardless of circumstance and even if they do they stay on to finish the season before heading off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

12m isnt a lot for berahino.

I do have reservations about how good he actually is though. Stoke have old man crouch up top...hell surely be an improvement on that.

Bony has been a disaster.

Bojan has been poor lately.

Berahaino could go straight into the team if hes fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

12m isnt a lot for berahino.

If his contract does expire in a few months then I would say it is quite a lot to pay for somebody who has barely played for two years. He showed some potential once but his development must be badly affected and its quite a risk to think he will come in and play like a 12 million player, especially when a club could take that risk next season for 12 million cheaper.

A 12 million player these days isnt a lot.

Jordan ibe was 15million

English players carry a premium

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

If his contract does expire in a few months then I would say it is quite a lot to pay for somebody who has barely played for two years. He showed some potential once but his development must be badly affected and its quite a risk to think he will come in and play like a 12 million player, especially when a club could take that risk next season for 12 million cheaper.

If he went in summer then Stoke would still have to pay a development fee like Liverpool did for Ings. That could be more than 12 million

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Fonte has signed for West Ham, fee is £8 million

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Heard it's 8m for Berahino but could rise to 15m. At 8m he's worth a punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

West Ham very strange move that one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Heard it's 8m for Berahino but could rise to 15m. At 8m he's worth a punt

Nope, it's £12m.

https://twitter.com/stokecity/status/822542021751701504

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

me89 wrote:
    Fonte has signed for West Ham, fee is £8 million

Crazy money for a 33 year old. Do well to get another season and half outta him

West Ham happy to sign a player that downed tools for a transfer but unhappy with their own player doing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Berahino has finally been freed from his captor, good money for a player who downed tools a few years ago.

Thought Fonte to west ham was very unusual. Great purchase for west ham.

But it makes sense when Fonte says in his interview that a large number of his family live in London and are west ham fans

Chance for him to have a final hurrah with all.his family around for support. Could get 2 seasons out of him

But it makes sense when Fonte says in his interview that a large number of his family live in London and are west ham fans

Chance for him to have a final hurrah with all.his family around for support. Could get 2 seasons out of him

I'd say now it was the zeroes after the number on the cheque.

Which is perfectly legitimate.

Guy born and raised in Portugal giving it the whole "me cockernee cousins, diamond geezers, giving it large down at the Upton" is a bit lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I'd say now it was the zeroes after the number on the cheque.

Which is perfectly legitimate.

Guy born and raised in Portugal giving it the whole "me cockernee cousins, diamond geezers, giving it large down at the Upton" is a bit lame.

His wife is a big West Ham fan so I'm sure he has plenty of relatives that are in his life the same. I doubt he got a hugely increased figure off WH given his age. He is 33 so after 7 years at Southampton a change to finish his career is no strange thing.
    If you had a work opportunity to move closer to family/friendso and to live in what he may deem a location which he prefers, forgetting the money, would you do it.

At the end of the day it's a job as well. Have to look at that sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

rob316 wrote: »
    Berahino has finally been freed from his captor, good money for a player who downed tools a few years ago.

Wasn't that long ago that Spurs offered 25 million for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

greendom wrote: »
    Wasn't that long ago that Spurs offered 25 million for him

3 seasons ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Nalz wrote: »
    3 seasons ago?

Not sure could be. In the mean time his value has halved and he has cost West Brom a great deal in wages for little return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

So after three years of fighting Berahino finally got his big move to... Stoke. What a prat. Stoke are mad too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Looks like Dortmund are today completing the signing of 17 year old Swede Alexander Isak, aka the new Zlatan, for some 11 mil. Euro from AIK Solna. They are really hoovering up a lot of the young Talent, and beating Real, Barca by doing so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Dortmund are stocking piling knowing that they'll showcase a few and sell them on for a decent profit - watch what happens with Pulisic, Mor, Weigl, Dembélé all of whom are recent buys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Dortmund are stocking piling knowing that they'll showcase a few and sell them on for a decent profit - watch what happens with Pulisic, Mor, Weigl, Dembélé all of whom are recent buys.

Or they might also keep them together for 5 or 6 years and win a few trophies.It's what they did the last time they got a lot of young talent together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If Palace pay £12m for Van Aanholt, then Sunderland have done great business there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Corholio wrote: »
    If Palace pay £12m for Van Aanholt, then Sunderland have done great business there.

He is as poor a lb defensively as there is in the league. Great going forward though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That's a clever move from Stoke imo. Still only 23, English, and with 6 months of decent football, could easily see his value rise sharply. Even though mostly unused over the past 18months or so, he's still looked a decent addition when he has actually played.

Deulofeu gone on loan from Everton to ac Milan. Criminally underused at Everton imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Eternal talent imo.

Stlll glad to see him go there as Ajax was interested too and he does have the ability to pull a fantastic half season out of his arse, certainly in the Eredivisie

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Deulofeu gone on loan from Everton to ac Milan. Criminally underused at Everton imo

Montella will make better use of him, he'll have to as Milan are skint waiting for a worryingly protracted takeover.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

West Ham happy to sign a player that downed tools for a transfer but unhappy with their own player doing the same.
    Did Fonte refuse to play for Southampton during this? I know he handed in a transfer request but I didn't know that he refused to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Sunderland have signed Lescott on a short term deals. Really don't think that signing is going to help in any ways.. terrible character to have around a club battling relegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

astradave wrote: »
    Sunderland have signed Lescott on a short term deals. Really don't think that signing is going to help in any ways.. terrible character to have around a club battling relegation
    I don't think they meant to sign him - heard that Moyes' phone was in his pocket when he was driving and accidentally sent him a text message and contract and now he earns 40 grand a week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

astradave wrote: »

Owner is fed up of putting money into a sinking ship, they haven't a bob to spend, linked with Robbie Keane too ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Paully says it every year but I do think this year, Sunderland will go down.

Defoe has so far kept them in contention, themselves and Hull have 20 goals, only Middlesborough have scored less (18) but Sunderland and Hull have left in nearly 20 goals more than 'Boro who have left in only 25 goals so far, which can only be bettered by 5 teams in the league, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Utd & Everton.

Sunderland have to stop the rot and whether Lescott can do that remains to be seen but for Villa he was woeful, Hull are losing defenders at an alarming rate and even if theyve been the busiest in the market so far signing 6 players, they could still do with some cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Looks like Goncalo Guedes is heading from Benfica to PSG. Said to be €30m. Mourinho was said to be interested in him too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Looks like Goncalo Guedes is heading from Benfica to PSG. Said to be €30m. Mourinho was said to be interested in him too.

From what i read, our interest was coming from either The Sun, and/or the Benfica president trying to drive up the bid. There wasnt much concrete linking us.

Slimani next for China? Didn't they pay like €35m for him anyways? Not a big profit for Leicester if it goes through

https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/status/824032084771606528

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Jackson Martinez is older and 3x more **** (since Porto) than Slimani.
    And it is Tancredi.

inforfun wrote: »
    Jackson Martinez is older and 3x more **** (since Porto) than Slimani.
    And it is Tancredi.

I know I should have put a warning on my post :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNewsHQ/status/824207847156228097

That would be a good signing for Burnley but an absolute disaster for Hull.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,197 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

That seems to me that Hull think they can't stay up

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

RIP Hull's season if they let Snodgrass go

Snodgrass is a deadly set piece taker probably one of the best in the league,surprised a few other teams werent after him,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Would have loved for Everton to be bidding for Snodgrass, really rate him.

How likely do we think it is he'll go? Rumours West Ham/Middlesboro still interested

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

RIP Hull's season if they let Snodgrass go

Snodgrass is a deadly set piece taker probably one of the best in the league,surprised a few other teams werent after him,

They are west ham and boro are also in for him. Its far from a done deal with Burnley . Would be delighted if they could get it over the line but remain skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Would have loved for Everton to be bidding for Snodgrass, really rate him.

How likely do we think it is he'll go? Rumours West Ham/Middlesboro still interested

Thats what I was thinking as well,West Brom or Everton would be two perfect clubs for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Thats what I was thinking as well,West Brom or Everton would be two perfect clubs for him

Yeh, I've a bet on him to go to Burnley so just wondering if I should hedge :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Robbie Brady to Crystal Palace.

He must really like playing in the championship.

Advertisement