Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan transfer window

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Arghus wrote: »
    Post watershed. That's when they really thrash it out and all about.

Hosted by Silvio Berlusconi I assume?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Sky still trying to make Deadline Day a thing. As it stands in the Premiership there has been one transfer for £3 million, some undisclosed deals and a few loans. A lot of ****e talk for nothing happening!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Deep down the SSN presenters must now be bored of deadline day,noting of note happens

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Deep down the SSN presenters must now be bored of deadline day,noting of note happens

You spoke too soon . Sheffield Wednesday sign Jordan Rhodes for £10m .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I love the reporters making blatant attempts to tell the producers that nothing is happening and they want to go home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Settling down in front of the red button. Chappers, Murphy, et al. usually put on a good show in the 5Live studio for deadline day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Bournemouth are trying take Ake back on a permanent basis, 18m bid apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Settling down in front of the red button. Chappers, Murphy, et al. usually put on a good show in the 5Live studio for deadline day.

Personally couldn't think of a worse way to pass the evening...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

lawred2 wrote: »
    Personally couldn't think of a worse way to pass the evening...

Saying that, if it's just audio, and no cameras I'm switching to More4 for Car SOS and Grand Designs.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I love the reporters making blatant attempts to tell the producers that nothing is happening and they want to go home.

One of the outside reporters said it was very quiet on the transfer front and that he was freezing cold and wet from the rain. Looked miserable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Bournemouth are trying take Ake back on a permanent basis, 18m bid apparently.
    He gets taken back off his loan and then gets to sit on the bench and now not even a substitute tonight.

I'd imagine there might be a deal done here. They'll probably put in a buy back clause or something like that. He played awful well for Bournemouth and I'd imagine he doesn't want to be stuck on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

eagle eye wrote: »
    He gets taken back off his loan and then gets to sit on the bench and now not even a substitute tonight.

I'd imagine there might be a deal done here. They'll probably put in a buy back clause or something like that. He played awful well for Bournemouth and I'd imagine he doesn't want to be stuck on the bench. He could be an England international very quickly if he gets back to Bournemouth but has no chance if he isn't getting to play at Chelsea.

Dutch players don't usually get playing for England quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

I'd imagine there might be a deal done here. They'll probably put in a buy back clause or something like that. He played awful well for Bournemouth and I'd imagine he doesn't want to be stuck on the bench. He could be an England international very quickly if he gets back to Bournemouth but has no chance if he isn't getting to play at Chelsea.

Ake is going nowhere and he's Dutch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah I keep mixing him and Aina up. Aina is the English one.

Ya reporters inside in training grounds saying all day noting is happening but still have to stay there till well after the deadline has passed to tell Jim White that noting has happened

They had a story this evening that Berbatov is looking for a club and was on board a plane to London

I'd imagine there might be a deal done here. They'll probably put in a buy back clause or something like that. He played awful well for Bournemouth and I'd imagine he doesn't want to be stuck on the bench.

Nah, we wont sell him, I'd be shocked if we do.

We've just left Ivanovic go to Zenit and JT is gone in the summer.

Nah, we wont sell him, I'd be shocked if we do.

We've just left Ivanovic go to Zenit and JT is gone in the summer.

Surprised no PL club tried to get Ivanovic

Surprised no PL club tried to get Ivanovic

Said the same in the Chelsea thread.

He has 6 months left on his deal a bit like the Mikel to China deal, he was just left go, no transfer fee due to his service to the club.

I'd say if an English club wanted him theyed have been quoted a few million.

Conte has cleared a lot of deadwood off the wage bill recently without majorly adding to it.

Oscar, Mikel, Ivanovic all gone and JT will be going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Bit more than just the wage bill trimmed by the Oscar deal :pac:

Liam O wrote: »
    Bit more than just the wage bill trimmed by the Oscar deal :pac:

I genuinely had a meltdown last year when we turned down a Chinese offer of about £50m for him thinking nobody would be that stupid to offer that money for him again. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

England's Scott Hogan gone to Villa it seems...........ironically the day Brentford go 1 nil up against Villa without him

Said the same in the Chelsea thread.

He has 6 months left on his deal a bit like the Mikel to China deal, he was just left go, no transfer fee due to his service to the club.

I'd say if an English club wanted him theyed have been quoted a few million.

Conte has cleared a lot of deadwood off the wage bill recently without majorly adding to it.

Oscar, Mikel, Ivanovic all gone and JT will be going.

Going by tonights games,Ivanovic would be a good addition to the Arsenal defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Going by tonights games,Ivanovic would be a good addition to the Arsenal defence

just on Ivanovic. What a tweet :pac: he could at least smile

https://twitter.com/zenit_se/status/826511533647740928?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• NWzhDpMh.jpg
    Looks like he's safe

Could they make the yellow banner about Sakho going to Palace any bigger :D

• God bless Haley

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    God bless Haley

Saving this day so she is

Ake gone to Bournemouth for £18m. Worth every penny, great deal for them, even if there's a buyback clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

martyos121 wrote: »
    Ake gone to Bournemouth for £18m. Worth every penny, great deal for them, even if there's a buyback clause.

Is that confirmed?

• Advertisement

Is that confirmed?

Pretty much, Sky say the transfer sheet went in on time with personal terms agreed, there's no reason it won't now.

At the time, they did announce it officially in fairness, but they've backtracked slightly since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

martyos121 wrote: »
    Pretty much, Sky say the transfer sheet went in on time with personal terms agreed, there's no reason it won't now.

At the time, they did announce it officially in fairness, but they've backtracked slightly since.

Now rejected by Chelsea.

Now rejected by Chelsea.

Yikes. That's a sickener.

Howe said chelsea rejected the bid of 18m which was meant to be submitted earlier, I can only assume it dragged on so late and was rejected as chelsea asked conte after the Liverpool game what he wanted to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Howe said chelsea rejected the bid of 18m which was meant to be submitted earlier, I can only assume it dragged on so late and was rejected as chelsea asked conte after the Liverpool game what he wanted to do.

Someone on skysports news said earlier it had been accepted and it was left to Ake to decide. The club apparently wanted him to stay but wouldn't stop him leaving either. Looked really good at Bournemouth, hopefully he gets a run at Chelsea or gets a decent move in the summer.

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    Someone on skysports news said earlier it had been accepted and it was left to Ake to decide. The club apparently wanted him to stay but wouldn't stop him leaving either. Looked really good at Bournemouth, hopefully he gets a run at Chelsea or gets a decent move in the summer.

He wont get a proper run until next season, unless Alonso goes down with an injury.

Hes a good player though and the clb will have a good problem in the summer in deciding what to with himself and Christensen, I'd be inclined to keep both as we'll have enough games to rotate players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Jack Byrne has gone to Wigan. Permanent deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Silly transfer day when the transfers in the Eredivisie are more spectacular than the ones in England.

Advertisement