Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

rob316 wrote: »
    He signed a 120k a week contract in February, West Ham have given him pretty much everything. Fairly **** on his part, he wants out fine but there is away of doing it. Refusing to train does nothing to attract potential suitors.

Did Bilic say that he is refusing to train? I thought he had just made it known that he wants out. Pretty **** if he isn't training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

rob316 wrote: »
    He signed a 120k a week contract in February, West Ham have given him pretty much everything. Fairly **** on his part, he wants out fine but there is away of doing it. Refusing to train does nothing to attract potential suitors.

It puts West Ham in a tricky spot, everybody knows he wants out and thats he going to an extreme to force a move, so West Ham in turn, will probably be low balled left, right and centre for him, especially when you consider January is the time for inflated fees so they may miss out on a big pay day but I cant imagine Bilic or his team mates have anytime for him after his actions so his future certainly wont be at West Ham.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

[font=Helvetica, Arial, freesans, sans-serif]Tom Cleverley to Watford on loan for the rest of season[/font]

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

He's been pretty atrocious in most games this season barring one or two moments of magic. Supposedly this was a feature of his play at Marseille as well.
    I'd say Bilic is trying to force him into handing in a transfer request. The cost of paying off his contract would astronomical I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

astradave wrote: »
    Did Bilic say that he is refusing to train? I thought he had just made it known that he wants out. Pretty **** if he isn't training.

Just watched Bilic's presser there and he said that Payet told him that he wants to leave, club won't sell so he is out of the first team and not training with them until he reaffirms his commitment.

Mental situation

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Bilic has to take some of the blame for that, not playing European ball because he can't organise a team to beat a team of beggars two years in a row. That and signing players like Simone Zaza even after seeing him in the Euros

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Bilic has to take some of the blame for that, not playing European ball because he can't organise a team to beat a team of beggars two years in a row. That and signing players like Simone Zaza even after seeing him in the Euros
    A team of beggars that are in the knockout stages of the Europa League????
    Simone Zaza was a complete joke of a signing I would agree, as was Tore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

yermandan wrote: »
    Just watched Bilic's presser there and he said that Payet told him that he wants to leave, club won't sell so he is out of the first team and not training with them until he reaffirms his commitment.

Mental situation

So he is probably training on his own or with the reserves.. probably not refusing to train though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You don't force a player out of the squad until he reaffirms his commitment unless something serious has gone on. It's quite possible that he is at the very least bad mouthing the club and telling other players they need to leave and that's about as minor as it would be to force him to train alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

There are numerous reasons why players were forced to train on their own.
    Not always there own making.
    Happens often enough when only 1 party wants a transfer, whether that is the club or the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

astradave wrote: »
    So he is probably training on his own or with the reserves.. probably not refusing to train though

Yeah exactly, Bilic didn't say he's refusing to train, but that he's refusing to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

yermandan wrote: »
    Yeah exactly, Bilic didn't say he's refusing to train, but that he's refusing to play

Surly its in his contract that he's refuces to play then he doesn't get paid /fined. West Ham are rich enough to suck this up. I'd fine him till he wants to play or let him go, West Ham can hold out for a good price. No player is bigger than the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Leave him to rot until they get a price they are happy with.
    They have enough cash that he can't dictate to them.

He won't be long willing to play if he is getting fined and isn't allowed leave on the cheap.He has a contract to 2021 .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Burnley in for Robbie Brady. I reckon it would be a good move for both parties. He would start LW for them.

Burnley in for Robbie Brady. I reckon it would be a good move for both parties. He would start LW for them.

I would hope he could get a better move than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That's a lot better than being linked to Villa, Palace & Sunderland and probably a decent enough move for him and for Ireland having him play weekly with Hendrick.

yabadabado wrote: »
    I would hope he could get a better move than that.

Playing week in week out for a pl team that now has a good chance of staying up is a decent move for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Narsingh from PSV to Swansea
    Looked a promising for a few years but never got to his old best after he did his knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

payet wants some Chinese id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Schneiderlin to Everton for £20 million confirmed. It's a good move for him and it's a position of need for Everton.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

payet wants some Chinese id say

not at all. I would imagine he wants PSG move or even Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

not at all. I would imagine he wants PSG move or even Spain.

He wants to go back to Marseille. Seen somewhere he said he shouldnt have left in first place.

Can't remember where now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    He wants to go back to Marseille. Seen somewhere he said he shouldnt have left in first place.

Can't remember where now.

He misses them more now than he did when he left them, especially since they were taken over recently by Americans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Burnley would be a good move for Brady, don't see him too much higher than that level to be honest. He's been pretty poor for Norwich this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

RB Leipzig raiding their feeder club again, Dayot Upamecano signed for €9 million from Salzburg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Schlupp from Leicester to Crystal Palace, £9m plus add ons.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/13/crystal-palace-jeffrey-schlupp-signs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/13/crystal-palace-jeffrey-schlupp-signs

Harmless player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Harmless player

A harmless player, Bill

It is funny when you pause for a moment and think players like Schlupp are going for fk'in £9,000.000.00 !! You often forget about the surrealism of what £9,000,000 amounts to!

FWIW, he is a decent purchase by Palace and you just have to forget about the price!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭JoeA3

It is funny when you pause for a moment and think players like Schlupp are going for fk'in £9,000.000.00 !! You often forget about the surrealism of what £9,000,000 amounts to!

FWIW, he is a decent purchase by Palace and you just have to forget about the price!

Yup. Sadly I'm old enough to remember when £7m for Andy Cole was sensational...

JoeA3 wrote: »

In fairness, worth every penny! I still remember the night the news broke! Twenty f*cking two years ago last week!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

7m AND one of uniteds top prospects at the time

:D

It was no "£1.5 million for Ray Wilkins?"

MrMac84 wrote: »
    7m AND one of uniteds top prospects at the time

:D

Actually, it was six million and "the new George Best", that was the deal!

"Whatever happened to Keith Gillespie"! Not sure how many articles with that title I have seen over the years!

He ironically and sadly blew away the cost of Andy Cole (plus Keith himself) subsequently gambling

Good Interview here:

http://http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/10787337/Keith-Gillespie-How-I-blew-7215875.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

"Whatever happened to Keith Gillespie"! Not sure how many articles with that title I have seen over the years!

He ironically and sadly blew away the cost of Andy Cole (plus Keith himself) subsequently gambling

Good Interview here:

http://http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/fameandfortune/10787337/Keith-Gillespie-How-I-blew-7215875.html

He reached the pinnacle of his career at my beloved Longford Town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Good Interview here:

I enjoyed his book. Well worth a read.

L'prof wrote: »
    He reached the pinnacle of his career at my beloved Longford Town

Who doesn't, in fairness

Big league stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Who doesn't, in fairness

Big league stuff

Unbelievable find :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Gillespie was some talent when he was young. As delighted as I was we got Cole I was pissed we had to lose Gillespie.

The lesser spotted cash plus player deal that we hear dozens of potential happenings every summer but in reality they never really happen. Is Gillespie for Cole the last one involving United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Jayop wrote: »
    Gillespie was some talent when he was young. As delighted as I was we got Cole I was pissed we had to lose Gillespie.

The lesser spotted cash plus player deal that we hear dozens of potential happenings every summer but in reality they never really happen. Is Gillespie for Cole the last one involving United.

Can only really think of one's involving players going out on loan like Fraizer Campbell when Berbatov was bought and Nani when Rojo was bought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Fonte left out of Southampton squad today.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Can only really think of one's involving players going out on loan like Fraizer Campbell when Berbatov was bought and Nani when Rojo was bought

Was very nearly one a year and a half ago............thank God bad technology saved us from that!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bayern Munich have signed Rudy & Sule from Hoffenhiem on free transfers, both will join officially in the summer. Dortmund could have done with Sule more, I imagine despite their off days Boateng & Hummels are going to remain the first choice centre half partnership.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Munich have it so hard don't they? Everyone wants to play for them and they know it so just wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bayern Munich have signed Rudy & Sule from Hoffenhiem on free transfers, both will join officially in the summer. Dortmund could have done with Sule more, I imagine despite their off days Boateng & Hummels are going to remain the first choice centre half partnership.

Sule is being bought for 35 million, rudy is a free transfer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Patrick Bamford to Middlesboro on a permanent transfer looks likely after Chelsea accept an offer of around £10m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/16/patrick-bamford-joining-middlesbrough-from-chelsea-transfer-window

Patrick Bamford to Middlesboro on a permanent transfer looks likely after Chelsea accept an offer of around £10m.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/16/patrick-bamford-joining-middlesbrough-from-chelsea-transfer-window

Chelsea are great at selling players for crazy prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

rwbug wrote: »

Jesus been wondering where he was
    ................!

A good player even if things haven't gone well for him the last season or 2 .He was excellent when on loan with Boro so can see why he they bought him.

I wonder will MON or Keane be keeping an eye on him .He's still eligible for us AFAIK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement