Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jan transfer window

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Miggy saying both Atletico and Barca are looking to sign Costa in the Summer.

Dunno where he would fit in at Barca tbh unless one of the front three are being moved on

https://twitter.com/MiguelDelaney/status/821070920563511296

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

astradave wrote: »

Dunno where he would fit in at Barca tbh unless one of the front three are being moved on

United bound Griezmann is the most interesting bit in that...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Strengthen our attack and weaken Chelsea's? Awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Suarez to Liverpool I hear hope!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Suarez to Liverpool I hear hope!.

As much chance as Paul McShane going to Bayern.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

yabadabado wrote: »
    A good player even if things haven't gone well for him the last season or 2 .He was excellent when on loan with Boro so can see why he they bought him.

I wonder will MON or Keane be keeping an eye on him .He's still eligible for us AFAIK.

I hope not if he didn't want to play for us when he had the chance. He can go play for England with Jack Grealish and sing god save the queen

I hope not if he didn't want to play for us when he had the chance. He can go play for England with Jack Grealish and sing god save the queen

PLEASE let's not start this conversation again!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

He played U21 for us .Did he turn down a senior call up ?

He played U21 for us .Did he turn down a senior call up ?

Bamford? He switched to England after one U18 Ireland cap. Played for them up to U21 but then said he wouldn't rule out playing for Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Wba bid 10million for Livermore.

Would be a good signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Listening to Off The Ball podcast today from last nights show and they said there was talk of Robbie Keane to Preston North End. Kilbane said that's what he heard as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ Thatcher Curved Band-aid

A good player even if things haven't gone well for him the last season or 2 .He was excellent when on loan with Boro so can see why he they bought him.

I wonder will MON or Keane be keeping an eye on him .He's still eligible for us AFAIK.

He said last year in an interview he wouldn't rule it out...wouldn't be a bad idea to keep an eye on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

See lots of stuff about Griezmann going to United next summer, sad a player of that quality is willing to play in the Europa League for a better wage.

rob316 wrote: »
    See lots of stuff about Griezmann going to United next summer, sad a player of that quality is willing to play in the Europa League for a better wage.

It's a bit early for this shìt no? If you time it a bit better you will get more thanks and also might get some United fans to hook on

It's a bit early for this shìt no? If you time it a bit better you will get more thanks and also might get some United fans to hook on

Not looking for anything, high chance United could be playing EL next season, they had a bad start to the season and its not clear they will recover from it yet.

He's a top player, a genuine world class talent, he would be worth every penny of a world record fee.

• Advertisement

They are all in school

Not looking for anything, high chance United could be playing EL next season, they had a bad start to the season and its not clear they will recover from it yet.

He's a top player, a genuine world class talent, he would be worth every penny of a world record fee.

He and his brother are also boyhood United fans, maybe it's his dream to try get United back to the top.. it's not like he is going to WBA.. United have the resources to buy the very best and can sell the club to him like that.. true they are in the EL this season but they are very much in the hunt for a CL spot. Over the next 4 games it will tell a different story as as a few in the top 5 are guaranteed to drop points. United are the only team not to play a top 6 rival in those 4 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Pogba already done that no?

But ya if he does go, theres not many teams currently bigger than Atletico at the moment, maybe the big two in Spain, thats it and he wont be sold to either of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

You don't think it's clear a team that's won 9 of their last 10 games has recovered from their bad start? What does constitute a recovery then?

Though maybe not the thread to start with this line of discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Pogba already done that no?

But ya if he does go, theres not many teams currently bigger than Atletico at the moment, maybe the big two in Spain, thats it and he wont be sold to either of them.

Bayern are bigger too imo, just based on their form in Europe the last decade.
    United will pay more than the other 3 to get him(similar to Pogba).
    Atletico seem to have dropped in form his year. I think losing that final did a lot of damage

• Advertisement

Pathetic post!

It's pretty clear that they are recovering from it! Look at their form the last few months! As much chance as any team 2nd to 6th to get Camp league. Maybe you are on the wind up but if not, you want to study the league a bit more!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Pathetic post!

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Heerenveen took Odegaard on loan from Real for the rest of the season.
    If Madrid keeps paying him his full salary, i am sure Heerenveen wont, he ll be the best paid Eredivisie player

Well, apparently they took him on loan for 1,5 seasons.

• http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/anotine-griezmann-manchester-united-transfer-news-luke-shaw-memphis-depay-a7532356.html

Report from the Independent
    Looks like Utd continuing to show their muscle in the transfer market
    Exciting times already for Utd fans and if this transfer goes through it steps it up another notch

Seen that by Miguel Delaney alright, its a very lazy article though, as long as they have a transfer ban they wont sell their best player, its just pandering clickbait.

• GavRedKing wrote: »
    Seen that by Miguel Delaney alright, its a very lazy article though, as long as they have a transfer ban they wont sell their best player, its just pandering clickbait.

SSN reporting it now

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10733221/antoine-griezmann-on-manchester-uniteds-radar-as-a-potential-summer-transfer-target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Does Miguel Delaney have a contact inside United but nowhere else? As far as transfers go he only ever seems to write about Man U. He was the same when he was writing for ESPN. In general he seems to cover the London clubs mainly but as far as transfer rumours go it was all United.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,210 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

€80m release clause though. The cost isn't prohibitive for Utd and if they pay it, Atletico won't have any choice but to sell.

Does Miguel Delaney have a contact inside United but nowhere else? As far as transfers go he only ever seems to write about Man U. He was the same when he was writing for ESPN. In general he seems to cover the London clubs mainly but as far as transfer rumours go it was all United.

Hr writes about Chelsea too but nothing ever concrete, that I can remember.

hes still one of the better writers around thoug.
    €80m release clause though. The cost isn't prohibitive for Utd and if they pay it, Atletico won't have any choice but to sell.

Its meant to be £85m or €100m but ya, for any of the bigger sides in the league theres no issue meeting that really, however, Griezmann said he'd stay as long as Simeone was around, which depending on the how the next 3 months go, could go either way, time will tell.

As I said though, I think leaving Atletico for any English side at the moment, would be a bit of sideways and in some cases, backward move.

We all love the EPL but no team in the league is better than Ateltico right now, IMO.

I'd love to see him in England though, I think he'd be as good as Sanchez and would adapt pretty easily.

• Advertisement

It's pretty clear that they are recovering from it! Look at their form the last few months! As much chance as any team 2nd to 6th to get Camp league. Maybe you are on the wind up but if not, you want to study the league a bit more!

Honestly that discussion is for another thread.

Griezmann played in the CL final last season, United wont be in that position anytime soon so in pure football terms it is a step down for him. Debate that fact all you want. For money and exposure it is a step up that I wont deny.

Griezmann played in the CL final last season, United wont be in that position anytime soon so in pure football terms it is a step down for him. Debate that fact all you want. For money and exposure it is a step up that I wont deny.

Utd could be in that position next season. They're 4 point off the CL places with 17 games to play. They're also one of the favourites for the Europa League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Paul Pogba says hi

Utd could be in that position next season. They're 4 point off the CL places with 17 games to play. They're also one of the favourites for the Europa League.

Champions league final? Realistically no. Not a single English side comes close to Barca, Real, Bayern or Atletico right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well you said it yourself...money.

Both in terms of transfer fee and wages.

Paul Pogba says hi

Lol Pogba, more interested in his haircuts than playing football. That guy has a lot to prove yet, Griezmann is far more of the finished article.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭price690

Griezmann isn't an £85million player.

He is really good but it's debatable how suitable he would be for English football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,111 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

You think United are going to be in the Champions League final next year?

Well you said it yourself...money.

Both in terms of transfer fee and wages.

Of course that is the only place United can compete right now. I'm not saying he won't move to United, he more than likely will and I'd be envious as he is a smashing player, the only player truly deserving of a world record fee IMO.

But surely you can agree in football terms it is a step back or atleast sideways.

• Advertisement

Champions league final? Realistically no. Not a single English side comes close to Barca, Real, Bayern or Atletico right now.

Or Juventus or Sevilla, who I'd fancy over an English side in a 2 legged k/o tie also.

Or Juventus or Sevilla, who I'd fancy over an English side in a 2 legged k/o tie also.

Exactly

Why bring it up then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think griezzman moving to utd would be a good move for him and is definetly something I can see happening.

Its great the way a few posters can predict the future:rolleyes:

Its great the way a few posters can predict the future:rolleyes:

I never said it won't happen or United wont be in the CL final, but its highly unlikely anytime soon even if they qualify for it this season. The domestic leaders in Germany, Spain and Italy are just at another level. What is so hard to understand about that?

• Advertisement

• price690 wrote: »
    Griezmann isn't an £85million player.

He is really good but it's debatable how suitable he would be for English football.

Not this nonsense again

Amazing he's only the third best player in the world behind Ronaldo & Messi
    A nothing player bill

I never said it won't happen or United wont be in the CL final, but its highly unlikely anytime soon even if they qualify for it this season. The domestic leaders in Germany, Spain and Italy are just at another level. What is so hard to understand about that?
    Nothing to do with Manchester United.
    Do the best teams always make it to or win the finals of cup competitions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not this nonsense again

Amazing he's only the third best player in the world behind Ronaldo & Messi
    A nothing player bill

Zlatan was never gonna make it in the premier league either. But people still think players like Messi and others because they've never played in the premier league won't cut it on a "cold and wer Tuesday night" down at Stoke. They are outstanding world class players, they can play in any league!

Some players struggle when they move clubs, a lot of the time that has nothing to do with the league but more the rest of there life being uprooted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Nothing to do with Manchester United.
    Do the best teams always make it to or win the finals of cup competitions?

Ah cman ye're sixth in the league. There's been major improvement in the side since Jose but to think ye could be challenging for the CL next year is delusional. You'll be doing well to be in it.

Quazzie wrote: »
    You think United are going to be in the Champions League final next year?

I may have misread and missed the word final.......:P

• Advertisement
Advertisement