Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bottle Bank Athlone

Options
  • 19-12-2016 4:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭

I went to the bottle bank beside tesco last week but it was temporarily shut down.

Anyone know somewhere else I can go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I went to the bottle bank beside tesco last week but it was temporarily shut down.

Anyone know somewhere else I can go?

Coosan church car park. Bit of a drive out but Ballynahown has a cool set up. From the outset it looks like four wheelie bins with holes in the lid, but when you look down you realise they are actually underground tanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

There's one across from the Crescent and another in Monksland beside the Community Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Mearings

Dunnes Stores, Montree, north side, towards towards the back of the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

There's another in Connaught Street in the carpark behind Vals

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

I had a car full of recycling on Saturday to find it was closed down? BAD TIME of year to close

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

cena wrote: »
    I had a car full of recycling on Saturday to find it was closed down? BAD TIME of year to close

Was in the same situation around 2 weeks ago, ended up adding a few more bags of waste and going to the dump instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    Was in the same situation around 2 weeks ago, ended up adding a few more bags of waste and going to the dump instead.

Barna waste was closed when I got there. Closes at 1 on a Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

flazio wrote: »
    Coosan church car park. Bit of a drive out but Ballynahown has a cool set up. From the outset it looks like four wheelie bins with holes in the lid, but when you look down you realise they are actually underground tanks.

very common in other countries

should be the norm in Ireland

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If only Recycling Companies could do the same for paper, plastic and cans, but sure they wouldn't make their money in bin collection fees then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

flazio wrote: »
    Bit of a drive out but Ballynahown has a cool set up. From the outset it looks like four wheelie bins with holes in the lid, but when you look down you realise they are actually underground tanks.

Haven't used them, but that's what the ones at the Fair Green are supposed to be like now.

• Advertisement

They are. The Council replaced them and built the surrounding stone wall during the year.

Advertisement