Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel sitting and I'm not pretty

Options
  • 19-12-2016 7:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

1. A friend in UK sent me a registered & tracked package last Monday:P
    2. Using tracking number saw that the parcel headed for Rotterdam, Netherlands. :eek:
    3. However it did find it way to the Irish postal system on Thursday 15th at 01.40am. :D
    4. Since then there has been no change in status :confused::(

Anybody able to advise what is to be done, it's for Christmas

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Maybe I'm stating the obvious but ring them?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The Irish postal service doesn't track UK postal ids.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,090 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It's only Mon now. It's Christmas week. It mat arrive today.
    I'm amazed at the amount of threads about postal delays. It's Christmas. Thy put something in the post box at 3pm & it's stuffed full.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Ring who? where?

This what I have

oh01dx.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

dohouch wrote: »
    Ring who? where?

This what I have

oh01dx.jpg

I've seen people query where packages were on their facebook before and receiving answers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Ring who? where?

This what I have

oh01dx.jpg

It's not going to update any further. Just wait for it to arrive, it's the busiest time of the year and it hasn't even been a week yet which would be normal for a UK parcel!

It'll arrive before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Have you tried clicking on the tracking number to see the detailed list of processing steps and location?

cq0kh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's not going to update any further. Just wait for it to arrive, it's the busiest time of the year and it hasn't even been a week yet which would be normal for a UK parcel!

It'll arrive before Christmas.

I've been tracking packages from Amazon the last couple of weeks (and keeping an eye on one at the moment) and I've been able to see where they are every step of the way. From Dublin Mail Centre to Portlaoise Mail Centre to Local Office. The OP's Delivery Record is annoyingly vague. He really have some information about what mail centre it's in.

This is from s private sender and when I first tracked it on Royal Mail it was a Heathrow headed for the Netherlands, then it did show up in Rotterdam and then or now it has shown up on An Post site since last Thursday 01.40AM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭topmanamillion

Id recommend patience. It`ll possibly be with you this morning or later this evening. I wouldn't really start to panic until around Thursday. So you still have a solid 3 delivery days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

This is from s private sender and when I first tracked it on Royal Mail it was a Heathrow headed for the Netherlands, then it did show up in Rotterdam and then or now it has shown up on An Post site since last Thursday 01.40AM.

And what's the panic? It only arrived in the country on Thursday and you're posting about it on Sunday! Give them a chance.

Posting on boards is not equal to panic. Panic is what happened last Tuesday when I saw it heading for the Netherlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

I've been tracking packages from Amazon the last couple of weeks (and keeping an eye on one at the moment) and I've been able to see where they are every step of the way. From Dublin Mail Centre to Portlaoise Mail Centre to Local Office. The OP's Delivery Record is annoyingly vague. He really have some information about what mail centre it's in.

Not all tracking options can do that, Amazon is business post ops parcel isn't.
    I know I've had parcels that don't update at all until they arrive.

I do think not even allowing a week for a parcel from the UK to arrive is an overreaction, especially just before Christmas.

There's 6 delivery days left!

OK , been on with AnPost, the parcel is not in Ireland, the post has been advised by Netherlands Post that it is on the way here, so have to twiddle thumbs and not panic as advised by all and sundry. C U L8r

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What service did the sender use? Does not sound like Royal Mail

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭whippet

There is nothing unusual with the package to ship from the U.K. To holland and then on to Ireland.

I used to get daily deliveries from a UK company (guaranteed 2 day) .. they shipped with UPS and went to a Central European hub on the first day and then to Dublin and out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

whippet wrote: »
    There is nothing unusual with the package to ship from the U.K. To holland and then on to Ireland.

I used to get daily deliveries from a UK company (guaranteed 2 day) .. they shipped with UPS and went to a Central European hub on the first day and then to Dublin and out to me.

Sent using Royal Mail?

Sent using Royal Mail----

Parcel wakes from sleep and starts to move towards anxious home,
    .............. new tracking entry for Tralee this am at 05.40

Advertisement