Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query about electronic transfers over Christmas holidays.

Options
  • 19-12-2016 11:10am
    Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭

I was just looking for information about expected arrival of wages into my account over Christmas holidays.

My wages usually arrive in my account on 24th (autorised 23rd AFAIK) of every month (that being a Sunday this month).

With the banks being closed on 26-28 inclusive, would I be correct in thinking that the earliest the wages will arrive in my account will be the 29th?

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Good Morning Delirium, 

Thank you for your getting in touch with us here. 

This time frame is dependent on the sending bank and and your employer. They may choose to send payments sooner to ensure that the funds reach your account in time for your pay date. We would suggest that you contact your employer to confirm the date of receipt. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

• Moderators Posts: 51,789 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Hi, Elaine.

The company won't be altering the schedule for wages (which is fine with me), I'm just looking to understand when the money would come through due to Bank holidays.

It's transferring from BOI account to an AIB account. The company transfers on the 23rd, and it usually arrives around the 24th of each month.

But I presume it will probably be the 29th of this month due to Bank holidays.

Is that correct?

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Delirium, 

This will depend on how your employer is making the transfer so it is best to check with them directly. Also, as it's being transferred to another bank, you may need to check with your own back with regards to processing times for receipt of credits. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement