Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any incentives available or planned?

• 19-12-2016 11:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭

Is there any news on the Government offering incentives for purchasing EV's or Hybrids? I'm thinking around VRT and BIK specifically.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

xabi wrote: »
    Is there any news on the Government offering incentives for purchasing EV's or Hybrids? I'm thinking around VRT and BIK specifically.

I think they are VRT exempt already?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,134 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Already in place for pure EV
    €5k VRT exemption.
    €5k grant off retail price when you buy new from SIMI dealer (although most dealers have that already deducted when they give you a price)

There is also the capital allowance initiative which allows you to write it off against your corporation tax on year 1:
    http://www.seai.ie/your_business/accelerated_capital_allowance/

I havent seen anything on BIK so I think its just treated as a normal company car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

€2.5k VRT relief for a PHEV, but nothing for a standard hybrid IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Don't think bik is a good incentive. Just likely to benefit high end company officials to facilitate tesla purchases , not a great idea

Advertisement