Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones - Vicar St - 9th & 10th May 2017

Options
  • 19-12-2016 11:32am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭

15621857_1317895858250370_7975487846100093164_n.jpg?oh=5a95e57d08bffcc0043e2d6f25bdddf6&oe=58E9B915

Comments

Can't freakin wait !!!!!!!! Haven't seen them since they did the Ambassador shows years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ah christ more than a days notice next time please. Delighted by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

Been a long time. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Awesome. Any idea how much for the ticket?

Greg81 wrote: »
    Awesome. Any idea how much for the ticket?

€50. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Greg81

Passenger wrote: »
    €50. :eek:

Sh!t Was hoping for little bit less.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Mushy wrote: »
    Ah christ more than a days notice next time please. Delighted by this.

Ridiculously short notice .
    9am ,I will be in a meeting then ,I hope it doesn't sell out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Too short notice but cant miss these gigs...il take two please!!

Ridiculously short notice .
    9am ,I will be in a meeting then ,I hope it doesn't sell out quickly.

Two gigs? I'd imagine you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Sweet, couldn't make Saturday Night Wrist tour (an Album I actually really like). May do both shows but will try for Wed gig first.

Any word if A Fire Inside will support? for €50 quid you'd hope so.

• Advertisement

Sweet, couldn't make Saturday Night Wrist tour (an Album I actually really like). May do both shows but will try for Wed gig first.

Only lists UK shows on their site but then theres a gap between then and Donington in June, wouldn't mine seeing them their a band I've dipped in and out of over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Two U.K. shows (Manchester and London) have AFI provisionally listed as support on the Ticketmaster site.

Reckon this'll be Ticketmaster only, or would Sound Cellar also have these in tomorrow?

Tickets sorted for both shows

€56.25. :eek: Now that was hard to swallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Wallet is definitely not going to stretch to both nights. Would I be right in assuming that the wednesday is worth attempting to get tickets for first? Last night of the tour and all that.

Arghus wrote: »
    Wallet is definitely not going to stretch to both nights. Would I be right in assuming that the wednesday is worth attempting to get tickets for first? Last night of the tour and all that.

One's as good as the other imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rossdoc81

Seen Deftones in Rock City, Nottingham in Feb 2013. I went over not expecting much from them but it was amazing. They are ridiculously tight, their live sound is really clear and full, and Chino is one of the best front-men I've seen. I'd rate them as the second best live band I've seen after Pearl Jam.

Most of the places they are playing on this tour have a capacity of 4000 - 10 000. I can't believe they are playing in Dublin in a place as small as Vicar Street, and can't believe it didn't sell out straight away. They are a serious band live and there new stuff is class. Around the fur is still the best album for me though.

Passenger wrote: »
    One's as good as the other imho.

I'd say your right, had a gander setlistwise the last time they were here 1st night woulda suited me better had I been able to attend but either woulda been great :) nows me chance they've always seemed to evade me.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Got a ticket for the first night. Always a band ive wanted to see for so long so i didnt mind biting the bullet on the price since when was the last time they played here? Plus seeing them in a small venue will be unreal

Got a ticket for the first night. Always a band ive wanted to see for so long so i didnt mind biting the bullet on the price since when was the last time they played here? Plus seeing them in a small venue will be unreal

2 shows @Ambassador July 2006 so 10 years ago nearly 11 when the gig comes round...same reasons I bit bullet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

2 shows @Ambassador July 2006 so 10 years ago nearly 11 when the gig comes round...same reasons I bit bullet

Jaysus , tbh i only really got into them in about 2008/2009?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

A band I loved when I was younger but havnt listened to in years.

I'm tempted but with WWE live the Friday before followed by Maiden the next night I don't think I could make it.

Mrs RM is due on the 16th of April so 3 outings in that short a space could be majorly pushing it.

I'd be very surprised if they both sell out anytime soon tbh.

Standing gone for both nights I've heard

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Standing gone for both nights I've heard

I just got some there for the Tuesday night there, Wednesday is gone at this stage. It won't be long for the two gigs to be gone completely. Some good going really, considering that they've been announced so close to Christmas and that the tickets are a wee bit pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

Have standing tickets for both nights! Missed their last two shows here in 2006 so I've waited a long time for this. One of my favourite bands, as are Radiohead who I'll see at the 3Arena a month later!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Rossdoc81

If you have a seating ticket for this can you wander down to the standing area or do you have to wait in your seat? Also is there a bar upstairs?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Rossdoc81 wrote: »
    If you have a seating ticket for this can you wander down to the standing area or do you have to wait in your seat? Also is there a bar upstairs?

Nope, no entry to ground floor, but there is a bar upstairs.

Saw them this year in Berlin and it was without a doubt one of the best concerts I have ever witnessed. The tracks from Gore are immense live and the whole band are so tight it makes it just incredible. Be ready for lots of strobe lights!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Struggling to find whos supporting them. AFI and I'm there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nope, no entry to ground floor, but there is a bar upstairs.

Saw them this year in Berlin and it was without a doubt one of the best concerts I have ever witnessed. The tracks from Gore are immense live and the whole band are so tight it makes it just incredible. Be ready for lots of strobe lights!

every gig i've been to in Vicar St, and there's been a fair few sold out shows, there has been no stopping anyone with a seat from going into standing area, there's only 1 bar, just go in there, then walk into standing area, no bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

scudzilla wrote: »
    every gig i've been to in Vicar St, and there's been a fair few sold out shows, there has been no stopping anyone with a seat from going into standing area, there's only 1 bar, just go in there, then walk into standing area, no bother

Same as this, I've done it before, sat upstairs and went downstairs for the end of the gig.

Advertisement