Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones - Vicar St - 9th & 10th May 2017

Options

Comments

lc180 wrote: »
    Heads up there's tickets for both nights back on Ticketmaster now for anyone who missed out.

Cheers! Got a standing ticket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Seems like eons ago that I bought those tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

They're playing over Twenty songs each show on this tour. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Almost in Dublin, me excite! Weather will soon have me thirsty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Got myself a ticket. Sure who could say no to Deftones twice in a week?

• Advertisement

According to Overdrive on FB

Times

8pm Sky harbor
    9:15pm Deftones

If they play 22 songs then the gig probably wont be over until after 11pm.

Some nights on the tour it's been slighty under the twenty. Hopefully we'll get lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭MeetReality

Selling two tickets for this tomorrow. Can meet in Grand Canal or outside the gig tomorrow.

Intense.

• Advertisement

I thought they sounded better then expected. They were on great form. Chino sounded terrific. Better performance than last time imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'll most likely never attend a gig as good as that again! Waited such a long long time to see them, very much worth it. Such a strong setlist and performance! To everyone going tomorrow, I hope you come out feeling blown away with how good it was.

19 songs in tonight's setlist and it just flew by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Any decent merch?

What time did they go on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    What time did they go on at?

They went on at 9.15 and it'll be the same tonight. Last night was amazing. I thought the set kind of dipped in the middle but there was too many great moments across the whole set that it didn't really matter. Thought they were going to play Prayers/Triangles in the encore but maybe they didn't have enough time. Chino is such a showman. He was quite active on stage considering he broke his foot last week.

Interested to see how the set tonight will go if they are indeed majorly changing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Lemsiper

Not that it wasn't fantastic (it was), it just wasn't a patch on the show they played Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

They went on at 9.15 and it'll be the same tonight. Last night was amazing. I thought the set kind of dipped in the middle but there was too many great moments across the whole set that it didn't really matter. Thought they were going to play Prayers/Triangles in the encore but maybe they didn't have enough time. Chino is such a showman. He was quite active on stage considering he broke his foot last week.

Interested to see how the set tonight will go if they are indeed majorly changing it up.

I agree it did kinda slow down for about 15-20 minutes but overall I really enjoyed it, wish I was going again tonight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

That was great! Ringing ears now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

That was brilliant. Great setlist. Looking at the one they'll play tonight and tempted to try grab a ticket.

Vicar St seemed busier than usual last night.

Looking at the one they'll play tonight and tempted to try grab a ticket.

You have tonights setlist?! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Last Night's setlist: setlist.fm

Last night's was identical to a Paris show which they also played 2 nights at same venue he's prob expecting tonight's to mirror the second show, it's unlikely they'll play the majority of what got an outing last night nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Albert_Camus

They've been kind of alternating between two.

You can see the pattern on setlist.fm

Thoroughly enjoyed myself last night. Was delighted that they opened with Korea and then went straight into Elite; the place was fairly hopping about.

As someone said earlier those nineteen songs just flew by and it felt like no time at all until the lights came up and I wandered out semi-dazed.

The setlist was strong, I'd been keeping an eye on what they'd been playing throughout this tour so I wasn't too surprised. Maybe there was a slight dip in momentum around halfway for two or three songs, but the run of Digital Bath-Change-Be Quiet and Drive-My Own Summer-Headup, one after the other before the encore was serious bang for your buck. Would have loved to have heard Knife Party somewhere in there too, but you can't ask for everything!

The only small thing that genuinely bugged me were the moments when the crowd started chanting CHINO-CHINO-CHINO. Really?- I thought. He gets his own chant? What about the rest of the band? Cringe. It's a small thing really, but cringe.

Anyway...I thought the band sounded great.Chino's vocals never got lost and he fairly moves about for a man with a busted foot. I got a kick out of how Stephen Carpenter seemed to be away in his own little world on stage, hair gently billowing around the place.

Personal highlight for me was the opening segment of My Own Summer juuuusst before the song properly kicks in, in that split second I could feel all the pent up energy of people all around me waiting for the cue to go ballistic. I was close enough to the front and I would describe it up there as...boisterous. It smelt very human and felt very hot, but as much as people were bashing each other around the place I didn't get the vibe of dangerous aggression that you can sometimes sense in pits at other gigs: rowdy, but good clean fun.

I'd only love to do it again tonight, but I'll have to make do with last night. Whoever is actually going tonight: expect a good time.

In a nutshell: Deftones are class.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

Arghus wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed myself last night. Was delighted that they opened with Korea and then went straight into Elite; the place was fairly hopping about.

As someone said earlier those nineteen songs just flew by and it felt like no time at all until the lights came up and I wandered out semi-dazed.

The setlist was strong, I'd been keeping an eye on what they'd been playing throughout this tour so I wasn't too surprised. Maybe there was a slight dip in momentum around halfway for two or three songs, but the run of Digital Bath-Change-Be Quiet and Drive-My Own Summer-Headup, one after the other before the encore was serious bang for your buck. Would have loved to have heard Knife Party somewhere in there too, but you can't ask for everything!

The only small thing that genuinely bugged me were the moments when the crowd started chanting CHINO-CHINO-CHINO. Really?- I thought. He gets his own chant? What about the rest of the band? Cringe. It's a small thing really, but cringe.

Anyway...I thought the band sounded great.Chino's vocals never got lost and he fairly moves about for a man with a busted foot. I got a kick out of how Stephen Carpenter seemed to be away in his own little world on stage, hair gently billowing around the place.

Personal highlight for me was the opening segment of My Own Summer juuuusst before the song properly kicks in, in that split second I could feel all the pent up energy of people all around me waiting for the cue to go ballistic. I was close enough to the front and I would describe it up there as...boisterous. It smelt very human and felt very hot, but as much as people were bashing each other around the place I didn't get the vibe of dangerous aggression that you can sometimes sense in pits at other gigs: rowdy, but good clean fun.

I'd only love to do it again tonight, but I'll have to make do with last night. Whoever is actually going tonight: expect a good time.

In a nutshell: Deftones are class.

Hi could anyone tell me who supported deftones last nite??

LillySV wrote: »
    Hi could anyone tell me who supported deftones last nite??

Skyharbor

I thought Skyharbor were a mixed bag. Some of the heavier parts of their songs worked fairly well but the softer more melodic elements were a bit stadium-rocky and bland.

Ya Korea into Elite what a way to start the show!!, very impressive outfit, set was great bit of a lull midway alright but didn't last long, Rosemary was supposedly on set as part of Encore I think but not played imagine it'll be there tonight along with knife prty. Speaking of which Roll on!!

Arghus wrote: »
    I thought Skyharbor were a mixed bag. Some of the heavier parts of their songs worked fairly well but the softer more melodic elements were a bit stadium-rocky and bland.

I caught the last few songs in their set and thought they were decent enough tbh. The sound was good for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I thought Skyharbor were fairly meh. They're a lot like Tesseract except not as good.

Advertisement