Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deftones - Vicar St - 9th & 10th May 2017

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Sklarker

Can't wait for tonight's gig. Saw them in Vienna last month and they were awesome. Hopefully they will play MX, lhabia and around the fur tonight. They can do no wrong setlist wise really. Might lose my tiny mind when they come on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Simply murdered it last night. Flawless performance, great crowd. First gig I've been to in over 20 years without booze.

Moreno sounded amazing, Cunningham is like a metronome, Carpenter away with the fairies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

I've been lucky enough to have seen Deftones before last night and thought the gig was great. Last night however wasn't great. It was perhaps the best gig I've ever been to.

The set list was perfect, and just didn't dip at all. Passenger was easily the highlight, with the entire building singing Maynard's part at the top of their lungs, the smile on Chino's face just said it all. Everything just clicked, with the crowd being on point and the band just going all out for the last show of the tour.

There are videos of lasts night all over my timeline, but nothing can do last night justice in terms of capturing that athmosphere; it was magic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

As an impartial attendee I thought it was only ok. I liked Adrenaline back in the day, though Around the Fur was so-so, and only held a passing interest in them since then, but went with a few mates who are still big fans. Glad they played a few from the older albums, and in fairness I can't fault the performance, thought Chino sounded great, and the sound itself in the venue was class, great lights as well. But yeah, I guess I just don't really like them anymore. Ah well, glad everyone enjoyed it all the same, great vibe in the place! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

That was something super special :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Oy seems they have been on point for the whole tour!!

While it was awesome seeing hem last week in London, prob the best I have seen them over the years (first time 18 yrs ago in Dublin)...I so would have loved to see them this week in Dublin with the lads like the old days!! Its always a bit special seeing your fave band at home with the mates!!

Did anyone spot the band around Dublin while they were there?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Did anyone manage to do both nights? If so how did they compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Arghus wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to do both nights? If so how did they compare?

Did both, one of my fave bands and never got to see and I'm one to travel to gigs but it just never worked out (Wembley gig was almost possible until the reschedule). Thought ticket price was steep for these at time of purchase but in hindsight very much worth it.

Was blown away how on form they were, it was a truly top drawer experience, the first night shaded it but only marginally. Chinos vocals were bang on and clearly one of the best frontmen in the biz. Although the Chino chants were indeed cringe he even commented on them the second show :o.

I'm actually a fan of SNW which seems to be a mixed opinion album only got a partial of Rivieré and Kimdracula over the two nights, Beware would have done me sweet for sure.

Hightlights of the second show which were many but to name a few were Entombed, Sextape and Passenger.

39 songs over 2 nights with only 3 in common and still feel you've missed a number of their catalog is too good to be true, such a testament to their work.

Wasn't so keen on new album only had a few listens but will be buying soon, & Phantom Bride was the one that most stuck most with me but all were enhanced live without doubt.

Based on those performances would be willing to plot a date a cheapo flight away defo (as I always was but never worked out :) ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

only got a partial of Rivieré and Kimdracula over the two nights

You're forgetting Cherry Waves.

I went both nights. I was in the pit for the majority of both of them and now my everything hurts. Whole band were amazing both night, Chino sounded great. Super happy with the setlists, I would've liked one or two more from S/T but that's just because it's my favourite album. Got a lot of good stuff from Gore, it's a little surprising that out of 6 songs we got 0/3 singles from that album.

My highlight was Swerve City. Both nights. That song doesn't even rank particularly high for me but the crowd experience and participation was the most fun I had during both nights. Additional highlights were Teething, Hexagram.

There was a guy in the pit during the second night who lost his shoe that we spent some time trying to find during a song break. We took so long I think people around us got the impression that someone was injured as all they would be able to see is a large hole in the crowd and a lot of phone lights, and I'm even a little skeptical that the band took a slightly longer pause in between songs because of it.

I was stood beside some real statues also for the first few songs of the 2nd night, sorry for them that they couldn't enjoy the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Numina wrote: »
    I was stood beside some real statues also for the first few songs of the 2nd night, sorry for them that they couldn't enjoy the show.

Because of course if someone is standing still then they aren't enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

Because of course if someone is standing still then they aren't enjoying it.

I wouldn't say that for everybody, but these people may have had a better time sitting in the balcony or standing further back in the crowd where it wasn't as energetic because at least one of them was visibly annoyed by the mosh pit raging directly beside them, yet declined to move to a more suitable position.

It's like if a person were stood in the middle of a dance floor in a nightclub, standing completely still as everyone around them danced, only moving in order to shove a person off them. They may well be enjoying themselves, but they sure do seem like they're in the wrong place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭LillySV

one of the best gigs ive ever been to...if not the best!! the band did a great job, songs sounded better than they do on the albums, great choice of songs....and more important than anything....the band remained positive and really gelled with the crowd the whole night...they couldn't have done it better...as was described, an intimate show and that's what it felt like...some bands make a forced effort to try communicate with the crowd during concerts but not once did i feel that happen here...they were naturals...hope they come back soon

Support band was really good too but its a pity no one knew who was supporting before the gig so as to have a chance to listen to a song or two before going up...i think the lights for support band were terrible...way too much flashing...felt like i was going to get epilepsy if i stayed in room so went out for a while to the bar...i know others who felt the same which was a pity as class band

Advertisement