Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Liverpool, 8pm, Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭baldbear

lawred2 wrote: »
    Rubbish match. Poxy goal.

It matters zero it was a rubbish match. What matters is 3 points. Great win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Also, wtf happened to Ross Barkley. Used to be highly rated. Looked championship standard

He's never been that good. A few long distance crackers early in his career disguised the fact that 98% of the time he makes the wrong decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Classy Henderson in his interview

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,387 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Also, wtf happened to Ross Barkley. Used to be highly rated. Looked championship standard

tbf the championship isn't that bad, off that performance he might be lucky make the bench

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Barkley is a disgrace of a footballer

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »

Bigtime. Usual Sly Sports looking for a headline.

"You get them in a derby game "

• English media didn't exactly help Barkley tbh

Pure hyperbole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

8-10 wrote: »

Very diplomatic like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

I thought it was a great game of football to watch, not the best example of total football but for excitement and passion I really enjoyed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Lovely win.

Everton are so poor and not that interested in actually playing football. Heavily reliant on Lukaku.

Thats never a good thing. Unless he has acres of space to run behind into hes very limited. Hes not in the top 5 CFs in the league IMO.

Everton looked much better in the opening 45mins but faded very, very badly.

For all the action and tackles in the first half they created nothing and Liverpool had the biggest chances. Robles and Steklenberg both made good saves and Coleman cleared off the line, this was all the 2nd half but anything other than a Pool win wasnt fair IMO.

It was a match devoid of any real quality though.

• Advertisement

Will neviller ask a question?

Will neviller ask a question?

Bottled it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

best game of the day, should be up first on match of the day. Although they'll struggle to condense down 100mins of sheer electric bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Tom Claverley is a better player than barkley has ever been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

G nev has no bollox. Just stood there like a coward

ricero wrote: »
    G nev has no bollox. Just stood there like a coward

He'll be on twitter later giving it the big one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Koeman is so bitter right now, questioning why Lovren wasn't sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Koeman whinging about a referee who kept his side in the game for 90 minutes. Already adapting to life at Everton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Some bitterness floating about even in victory lol. Fair play to Henderson post match, spoke sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Koeman whinging about a referee who kept his side in the game for 90 minutes. Already adapting to life at Everton.

In fairness he wasn't wrong in what he said.

Coleman got a yellow for nothing IMO. I don't think Lovren should have got a yellow either mind you.

He admitted Barkley was lucky not to get red as well.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »

Sssssh, doesn't suit the agenda so sssssh

Coleman got a yellow for nothing IMO. I don't think Lovren should have got a yellow either mind you.

From how it looked Coleman knew Lovren was on a yellow and ran half the length of the pitch to aggravate him, the ref was having none of it.

Liamalone wrote: »

Just because he's right about one thing doesn't mean he's not talking out his arse for others.

Just because he's right about one thing doesn't mean he's not talking out his arse for others.

It's his opinion, everyone is entitled to one. 9 times out of 10 you see both players booked in that situation, the ref made a mistake, in my opinion, one of many.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

He didn't admit it. He said he didn't see it.

niallo27 wrote: »

He had eagle eyes seconds later though to watch everything go down with Lovren though.

niallo27 wrote: »

He said he would need to see it again, but said maybe he got lucky, maybe it was a red. I thought it wasn't bad until a second viewing, then I thought it was a red.

Liamalone wrote: »

No agenda because it never happened

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Liverpool very lucky tonight. They will need to be a lot lot better to have any title aspirations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Liverpool very lucky tonight. They will need to be a lot lot better to have any title aspirations
    :P:P lol

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They'd need to have more than 30 points to have them anyhow.

Cmon at least make an effort

1/10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,288 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Slattsy wrote: »
    Great atmosphere here from the Everton fans.

Anfield would be dead.

If singing always the victim is great atmosphere then I dunno what football has come to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,294 ✭✭✭tanko

Shocking tackle by Barkley, how is that not a red card.
    If it's possible for players to appeal red cards which shouldn't have been given, it should be possible for tackles like that to be changed to a red also and a ban given.

If singing always the victim is great atmosphere then I dunno what football has come to

*Yawns*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tanko wrote: »
    If it's possible for players to appeal red cards which shouldn't have been given, it should be possible for tackles like that to be changed to a red also and a ban given.

It's a bit silly that people sitting at home get a better view than the Ref is ALLOWED to have . I doubt he saw what we did and said ''ah **** it, I'll give him a yellow it's Xmas after all ''

It's a bit silly that people sitting at home get a better view than the Ref is ALLOWED to have . I doubt he saw what we did and said ''ah **** it, I'll give him a yellow it's Xmas after all ''

Linesman had a perfect view though better than us at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

tanko wrote: »

What could he have seen to warrant a yellow? He clearly saw it and bottled it because he didn't want the story to be him ruining a closely contested derby.

If he hadn't seen it clearly he has no business giving a yellow. Then somehow missing the same player booting the ball away to waste time is equally bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

C0EKPPnWQAg6cxI.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Barkley card no where near a red imo.

Late tackle and 100% a yellow.

If Coleman gets booked Lovern has to be booked. No way should he have just booked Coleman.

Pool very poor opening 30ish mins but Everton fail to create as usual.

It's amazing how people just love winding each other up on internet forums. Grown men/woman ffs.

Tough loss to take, Liverpool weren't great at all and the goal conceded Mane should never get to that before a defender.

If I was Lukaku I'd get the fck out of Everton because literally lumping the ball to him to knock it on to a winger and hopefully get a cross in the box with him is absolutely toxic.

Anyway good result for Liverpool, First time winning in last 5 visits or 4 afink.

• Advertisement

Barkley card no where near a red imo.

Late tackle and 100% a yellow.

Far more wrong with it than just being late

a9229a76c47be47417ce9d6d52971840.png

Far more wrong with it than just being late

a9229a76c47be47417ce9d6d52971840.png

Pictures make a lot of things worse, he was running at full speed and went for it.

Was a bad tackle albeit but not worthy of a red imo. The fact Rojo has gotten away with worse in his last 2 games says it all for me.

I can see why people can see it as a red but not for mise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Pictures make a lot of things worse, he was running at full speed and went for it.

Was a bad tackle albeit but not worthy of a red imo. The fact Rojo has gotten away with worse in his last 2 games says it all for me.

You literally have no concept of red cards if you think that was a yellow at most. Did you see the tackle? He's lucky he didn't break hendersons Ankle.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

the "very" is my favourite bit of this post. It was a conscious decision to put the word "very" in there, ya know, win more :) I'm still definitely wrong about glory hunting though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its as clear a red as you will see.

Compounded by no yellow for kicking the ball away.

Made the win a bit sweeter.

Shanee. wrote: »
    You literally have no concept of red cards if you think that was a yellow at most. Did you see the tackle?.

I did, I watched the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭Shanee.

I did, I watched the game.

Good man. You'd want to learn the rules so because that's as clear a red card as you'll see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I honestly can't see how anyone doesn't think that tackle warrants a red. Horrendous challenge.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

studs up reckless challenge - red card.
    dunno why people feel they need to dance around the subject after the result. what is is what is

noodler wrote: »

Made the win a bit sweeter.

That's great man, I'm so happy for you. Congrats :)

Not sure how it would make it sweeter, but whatever makes you happy in life you do it

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement