Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Liverpool, 8pm, Sky Sports 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

That challenge is a red card, or at least should be, every single time. It's awful and incredibly dangerous. The fact Rojo got away with worse doesn't make that ok. Rojo should've gone twice too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Barkley card no where near a red imo.

Late tackle and 100% a yellow.

If Coleman gets booked Lovern has to be booked. No way should he have just booked Coleman.

Pool very poor opening 30ish mins but Everton fail to create as usual.

It's amazing how people just love winding each other up on internet forums. Grown men/woman ffs.

Tough loss to take, Liverpool weren't great at all and the goal conceded Mane should never get to that before a defender.

If I was Lukaku I'd get the fck out of Everton because literally lumping the ball to him to knock it on to a winger and hopefully get a cross in the box with him is absolutely toxic.

Anyway good result for Liverpool, First time winning in last 5 visits or 4 afink.

1st game that did not end in a draw at Goodison since 2011

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Barkley himself suffered a bad leg break earlier in his career in a Youth Merseyside derby after a tackle from Andre Wisdom.
    Disgraceful tackle tonight from him. Probably frustated as he was very poor.

Poor challenge on Origi too which deserved a yellow

https://twitter.com/lfcgif/status/810949789030424576

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I did, I watched the game.

He had no interest in playing the ball. Clear red card.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

If I was Lukaku I'd get the fck out of Everton because literally lumping the ball to him to knock it on to a winger and hopefully get a cross in the box with him is absolutely toxic.

It's a red card, not the worst tackle ever as I imagined having read descriptions of a horror tackle before seeing it.

but the bigger issue surely is how Everton played. Isn't lumping it up to Lukaku and getting it forward immediately exactly what Everton fans were endlessly whinging about not doing last season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Barkley's tackle was a red card and the ball was well gone. Henderson was very lucky. If his foot was planted that's probably a break of some kind; awfully similar to Eduardo from years ago. Thankfully it didn't pan out that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Everton were so bad in that second half, played like they had 9 men. Liverpool really took control and were a class above. They didn't create a whole lot strangely though, a lot of crosses scrambled out by the Everton defence and the one good save by Stekelenburg. I'd love to know the stat of how many times Lukaku touched the ball in the second half.

Barkleys card should have been red. Henderson very lucky not to have a break or badly injured ankle.

It was certainly late but it was also reckless.

Anyway, Henderson fortunate on this occasion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

I'm the first to complain about 'soft' reds (I think cards are given out far to easily these days) but that Barkley tackle is a sending off all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Far more red than the red card Vardy got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

It's amazing how people just love winding each other up on internet forums.

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Late tackle and 100% a yellow.

Its a reckless leg breaking challenge, had Hendersons foot not slipped then he's out injured for a while. He also followed through when the ball was long gone.

If you dont agree with a red then fine, but i think "nowhere near" is a crazy statement.

Challenge here:https://streamable.com/85xcd

Klopp hands on his head says it all IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

NukaCola wrote: »
    Its a reckless leg breaking challenge, had Hendersons foot not slipped then he's out injured for a while. He also followed through when the ball was long gone.

If you dont agree with a red then fine, but i think "nowhere near" is a crazy statement.

Challenge here:https://streamable.com/85xcd

Klopp hands on his head says it all IMO

Red card all day long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

It was a brutal challenge and should have been a straight red.

I'd go as far as saying it was worse than Rojos two recent shockers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Rod Munch wrote: »

That's bollox

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lumbo wrote: »
    That's bollox

What part?

How can even an Everton fan such as yourself say it wasn't a clear straight red?

• Rod Munch wrote: »

It was close to being as wreckless as Auegros tackle on Luiz

5starpool wrote: »
    What part?

How can even an Everton fan such as yourself say it wasn't a clear straight red?

Straight red all day long. No argument from me there. To say it was worse then a two footed studs up challenge is nonsense.

Straight red all day long. No argument from me there. To say it was worse then a two footed studs up challenge is nonsense.

OK, just wondering. I didn't actually see the Rojo challenges as I've missed a good bit of football recently, which is why I haven't compared them at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,594 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Not condoning Rojo's tackles but Rojo barely left a mark on the players.. if he had they would have been alot worse. Barkley hit Henderson studs up full footed about 4 inches above the ankle.. it's the very definition of a leg breaker and Henderson was lucky he had no lasting damage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rojo didn't connect with the player though as far as I'm aware. If he does connect then his is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Can't understand how anyone can say Barkley's challenge was not a red after watching the replay. It's a reckless, dangerous and unnecessary type of tackle which the game has rightly clamped down on to help prevent serious injury.

As has pointed out he could have done serious damage. Was surprised to see Henderson carry on.

I have sympathy for the ref as he doesn't have the benefit of replay, it was a highly charged derby and it's in Goodison - it's a tough call to make and he may not have seen just how reckless and dangerous it was, but anyone saying that is not a red is hopelessly out of touch with the rules of the modern game I would say and probably wishes we were still living in the 70s with Giles and Bremner hacking players down for fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Should have been a red card although Barkley leaving the game would have helped Everton more than liverpool.

Yet another English player made out to be much better than he actually is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Gavlor wrote: »
    Should have been a red card although Barkley leaving the game would have helped Everton more than liverpool.

Yet another English player made out to be much better than he actually is

He definitely showed promise starting out so the hype was justified in my opinion. Not sure what happened to him

niallo27 wrote: »
    He definitely showed promise starting out so the hype was justified in my opinion. Not sure what happened to him

The hype was based on match of the day snippets, I've been watching him for years and he has drifted through games without doing anything. He always needs an extra touch and just isn't an intellegent footballer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Watched a few replays today. A bit higher than I originally though. Red card decision thought it was slightly lower.

Definitely not worse than Rojos and not near as wreckless as Agueros. Agueros was knee height?

Stay classy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Can forgive a bad tackle where it's a warranted tackle that goes amiss . This tackle had no place in being made, it was not only late, but it was in a part of the pitch where Henderson was not threatening Everton in any way.
    It was a deliberate late nasty tackle and a red. Ref bottled it.

Stay classy

I'm sure that's terrible, but you'll need to explain why I'm afraid. I'm probably the only one that doesn't get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm sure that's terrible, but you'll need to explain why I'm afraid. I'm probably the only one that doesn't get it.

You aren't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Crackle

I'm another in the doesn't get it camp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Everton fans have always said they would have won the European Cup in 1986 but were not able take part because of the ban on English teams for reasons we know why.

1986 European Cup winners were Steaua Bucharest

Everton fans have always said they would have won the European Cup in 1986 but were not able take part because of the ban on English teams for reasons we know why.

In fairness the pundits of the day also thought the same. That ban also led to lineker & Kendall heading off to Spain. Everton had just won the league & cup winners cup and had lost the whiteside FA cup final.

A few short years later football was flooded with money but Everton had lost their seat at the top table.

Feckin reds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They should sing a song about it.

It's a shame there are always tossers to ruin it. Everton naturally enough were very supportive about Hillsborough down through the years, it's sad to see singing like that from them in particular. I know it was just a small section of morons, who'd find something else to sing if it wasn't that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Oh right. Hardly an outrage.

Oh right. Hardly an outrage.

Depends on what way you look at it. Belittling the lives of 32 Italians is fairly outrageous and considering it is a direct reference to the ban I'd say it's fairly bad form.

Depends on what way you look at it. Belittling the lives of 32 Italians is fairly outrageous and considering it is a direct reference to the ban I'd say it's fairly bad form.

Everything depends on how you look at it. 1 Liverpool fan with a scarf which at an extreme can be interpreted like above, or many more Everton fans singing the victim song with the many terrible connotations of that song, some of which Everton fans of all people should know better.

It's all interpretation though isn't it? It could all come under the "some people are childish/idiots" category, or one could choose to be outraged on a message board in Ireland for entirely different reasons.

Everything depends on how you look at it. 1 Liverpool fan with a scarf which at an extreme can be interpreted like above, or many more Everton fans singing the victim song with the many terrible connotations of that song, some of which Everton fans of all people should know better.

It's all interpretation though isn't it? It could all come under the "some people are childish/idiots" category, or one could choose to be outraged on a message board in Ireland for entirely different reasons.

The bottom line is that a monitory fans with every club are parasites on society and are generally (Chelsea being the exception ;) ) not a reflection on fellow supporters or the club as a whole.

I find it amusing when liverpool/united on here fans take umbrage with said minority and throw it back as a dig at all the opposition team supporters.

It happens every time united & liverpool play and after every mersey derby.

• Advertisement

The bottom line is that a monitory fans with every club are parasites on society and are generally (Chelsea being the exception ;) ) not a reflection on fellow supporters or the club as a whole.

I find it amusing when liverpool/united on here fans take umbrage with said minority and throw it back as a dig at all the opposition team supporters.

It happens every time united & liverpool play and after every mersey derby.

Football fans are massive hypocrites for the most part, nothing new in that unfortunately. It's not just Liverpool/Utd fans either by a long shot, but on boards they are the most obvious ones to do it due to the size of the followings.

It's not just Liverpool/Utd fans either by a long shot, but on boards they are the most obvious ones to do it due to the size of the followings.

I agree, they're all fat b@st@rds

Exactly, I was at the derby last year at Goodison, sitting in the Park End across from Liverpool fans and there were shouts (from individuals) of Steau. It's been going on for years. Thinking its hardly an outrage or in some way acceptable Is exactly what Everton fans have a problem with. How can you justify that? It the "our **** don't stink" attitude that winds me up.

Exactly, I was at the derby last year at Goodison, sitting in the Park End across from Liverpool fans and there were shouts (from individuals) of Steau. It's been going on for years. Thinking its hardly an outrage or in some way acceptable Is exactly what Everton fans have a problem with. How can you justify that? It the "our **** don't stink" attitude that winds me up.

Are you outraged at the victims chants? Pretending it means one thing when everyone knows it is widely interpreted as the other is not an excuse of it in my book. Either condemn it all as the act of morons (no matter who the fans doing things are) or else condemn none of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Again, LFC fans always the victims

Are you outraged at the victims chants? Pretending it means one thing when everyone knows it is widely interpreted as the other is not an excuse of it in my book. Either condemn it all as the act of morons (no matter who the fans doing things are) or else condemn none of it.

Likewise.... "hardly an outrage"

• Advertisement

Are ye politicians? Did I suggest I was outraged by either?

Nice way to not answer questions.

First time I've seen the Steau thing, and the first time I've read it on here.

It certainly isn't sung at Anfield. That's if there is a song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

It was a bad challenge but Ross isn't a dirty player.

I never said their was a song. Read my post again.

Are ye politicians? Did I suggest I was outraged by either?

Nice way to not answer questions.

Wha?

This has all emenated from liverpool fans being outraged at a few Everton clowns singing always the victim. I couldn't give a toss about what a bunch of uneducated losers decide to sing. It's the double standards that annoy me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement