Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Everton vs Liverpool, 8pm, Sky Sports 1

167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

5starpool wrote: »
    Are you outraged at the victims chants? Pretending it means one thing when everyone knows it is widely interpreted as the other is not an excuse of it in my book. Either condemn it all as the act of morons (no matter who the fans doing things are) or else condemn none of it.

I don't like the victim chants. I would never sing it and I've been at a number of derby games. I'm not outraged because I know it's not about Hillbourgh. It's about Liverpool fans being abhorred by everything and ashamed by nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Joshua J

It's not about Hillsborough wtf.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Sigh.

OK then, carry on with your happy little lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Sigh.

OK then, carry on with your happy little lives.

Last word.

Typical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Everything depends on how you look at it. 1 Liverpool fan with a scarf which at an extreme can be interpreted like above, or many more Everton fans singing the victim song with the many terrible connotations of that song, some of which Everton fans of all people should know better.

It's all interpretation though isn't it? It could all come under the "some people are childish/idiots" category, or one could choose to be outraged on a message board in Ireland for entirely different reasons.
    Are you outraged at the victims chants? Pretending it means one thing when everyone knows it is widely interpreted as the other is not an excuse of it in my book. Either condemn it all as the act of morons (no matter who the fans doing things are) or else condemn none of it.

Hardly pretending it means one thing. It can come across in multiple ways, the fact it's clung on to hillsborough doesn't change the other reasons behind it.

I agree with the previous posters, it's the absolute double standards of it all.

The fact people feel they have to walk on egg shells incase a Pool fan gets offended.

It's ridiculous in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Lumbo wrote: »
    I don't like the victim chants. I would never sing it and I've been at a number of derby games. I'm not outraged because I know it's not about Hillbourgh. It's about Liverpool fans being abhorred by everything and ashamed by nothing.

Excuses and down plays own fans behaviour. Check.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Excuses and down plays own fans behaviour. Check.

Everton fans brought don't buy the sun banners to the game last night, Liverpool fans brought Steau scarves. My conscience is clear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Liverpool fans brought Steau scarves. My conscience is clear.

I only seen 1 person with a steau scarf in the thread here and no other mention of it anywhere else. And you do realise that it could be a supporter of any team at all thats holding that scarf? Cos you know... you dont have to be an everton or liverpool fan to go to the match and enjoy it.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I only seen 1 person with a steau scarf in the thread here and no other mention of it anywhere else. And you do realise that it could be a supporter of any team at all thats holding that scarf? Cos you know... you dont have to be an everton or liverpool fan to go to the match and enjoy it.

Yeah, of course, like at Heysel, when it was the Chelsea and West Ham fans rioting.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

are people really arguing about the different types of idiots that exist in this world and which are worse? here take away the football club thing for a second and look at them objectively. Any dope who sings about deaths of people at a football game in order to get a reaction is an idiot. same goes for banners etc.

its pretty simple and barely warrants discussion. like all morons, they should be ignored and drowned out

edit - and boy howdy im learning a lot today. never knew about the steau bucherest thing, cos ya know, I don't follow whats the latest in being an asshole. also didnt know about this "chelsea and west ham fans rioting" thing either. its amazing the bullsh1t things you learn on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The actions of one team's fans don't excuse the actions of the other's.

Stop trying to justify the behavior of your own fans' actions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

BMMachine wrote: »
    are people really arguing about the different types of idiots that exist in this world and which are worse? here take away the football club thing for a second and look at them objectively. Any dope who sings about deaths of people at a football game in order to get a reaction is an idiot. same goes for banners etc.

its pretty simple and barely warrants discussion. like all morons, they should be ignored and drowned out

You're referrring to liverpool fans, right???

I'm joking, you're bang on.

BMMachine wrote: »

edit - and boy howdy im learning a lot today. never knew about the steau bucherest thing, cos ya know, I don't follow whats the latest in being an asshole. also didnt know about this "chelsea and west ham fans rioting" thing either. its amazing the bullsh1t things you learn on boards.ie

Liverpools Chairman at the time John Smith blamed the rioting on Chelsea fans. Look it up! I don't make **** up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

It's about Liverpool fans being abhorred by everything and ashamed by nothing.

It's about the city of Liverpool. Not either Football Club. Boris Johnson was spouting about the city's victimhood in 2004. Not sure if Man Utd fans latched on to it before or after that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement