Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Beaumont

Options
  • 19-12-2016 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi, 
    I am looking at a house in Beaumont at the moment and would like some opinions on the area, particularly near Beaumont Road. It would be great to speak to someone who has lived in the area to get a better idea of the place. 
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

I lived there for about 6 months, maybe 2 years ago? Personally I had no trouble in the area. Handy for buses into the city and also the 17a so it was handy for me. Not too much to say about the area except that I had no issues, didn't seem any better/worse than other places I've lived. Nice big Tesco and Penneys nearby also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Rosia wrote: »
    Hi, 
    I am looking at a house in Beaumont at the moment and would like some opinions on the area, particularly near Beaumont Road. It would be great to speak to someone who has lived in the area to get a better idea of the place. 
    Thanks!

Its a grand area - the beaumont road itself can be busy carwise, but you wont go wrong with Collinswood, Beaumont Wood, Elm Mount, etc all nice areas with zero trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Ive lived in the area for 10 yrs .

tesco and Lidl are up in Artane for shopping , no. 16 & 14 busses to town from beaumount rd.

the closest pub is Beaumount house, its expensive and Bertie type place, in the summers I walk down to the Ivy house in Drumcondra .

Traffic has been annoying me recently , Collins ave is over subscribed its either traffic streamin down north from from M1 or belfast road turning left at collins ave, so they can turn right down grace park road or the opposite cars coming from the city trying to avoid drumcondra by using collins ave. Although in saying that since drumcondra road has been upgraded it has improved .

the best part about the area is its close to the Airport so if you holiday abroad or use airport for work its great , I believe a fair few pilots/stewards live in the area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Moved from A&P. Dublin city forum charter applies

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Evo345

delop wrote: »
    Ive lived in the area for 10 yrs .

tesco and Lidl are up in Artane for shopping , no. 16 & 14 busses to town from beaumount rd.

the closest pub is Beaumount house, its expensive and Bertie type place, in the summers I walk down to the Ivy house in Drumcondra .

Traffic has been annoying me recently , Collins ave is over subscribed its either traffic streamin down north from from M1 or belfast road turning left at collins ave, so they can turn right down grace park road or the opposite cars coming from the city trying to avoid drumcondra by using collins ave. Although in saying that since drumcondra road has been upgraded it has improved .

the best part about the area is its close to the Airport so if you holiday abroad or use airport for work its great , I believe a fair few pilots/stewards live in the area
    Its Beaumont Woods

• Advertisement

Its Beaumont Woods

There are a couple of B&B's in Beaumont, as well as a Topaz Petrol Statiom, two pubs (The Beaumont House & the nearby Kilmardinny Inn on Lorcan Avenue)
    There are also a few chippers, chinese & Indian take aways, I recommend Alec's Chipper on Shantalla Rd, The Golden Palace Chinese restaraunt (which is a five minute drive from
    Beaumont, they also do delivery) or the Far East chinese take away on Shantalla Rd.
    There is also a small conveniece store (MACE)
    On Lorcan Avenue (Which is a short walk from Beaumont road) there is a SuperValu, a small café called D9, a Post Office for the Lorcan/Beaumont area, a barbers, a bookies (paddypower) a dog grooming salon called 'K9 groomers' a pharmacy and a Chinese takeaway (I do not recommend) as well as a Dry-Cleanning service, A self-servicd Laundrette (in the car park) a bottle bank and a jewelers, and a bank machine also available in SuperValu, as well as the Kilmardinny Inn as I mentioned before,
    Artane has a Shopping centre called, 'Artane Castle Shopping Centre', its a nice and small S.C and it has a few Café's a Tesco's a Pennys, a post office, two pharmacies, a good book shop called 'Book Haven' as well as a McDonalds around the back, accros from Tesco's is a Lidl, and a 'Arts & Hobbies' in butterly Buisness Park, as well as a petrol station, and a lovely little café called 'The Woodmill' behind the petrol station, with another Self-Serice Laundrette, there is also the REC, AKA 'the Artane, Beaumont Recreational Centre, (all of Artane is in walking distance) they are both small area's even though I make it sound so big in my post, Beaumont was named by Arthur Guinness (founder of the guinnes brewry) and his wife Olivia Whitemore, who both lived with their family in the 'Beaumont House' (not the pub i mentioned earlier, that was originally called the 'Rendevous' but was renamed) The Original Beaumont House is now the 'Beaumont Convelesant Home' Beaumont was named after the french word for 'Beautiful Mount' because at the time they had a great view of the Dublin Mountains,
    Beaumont is situated perfectly between Dublin Airport and the City Centre, as well as not too far from Croke Park, the bus services in the area are : 16 (into town or to airport in opposite direction, 16C (Towards town in both directions) 14 (towards Town in one direction or towards Artane in the other) the 104 towards Clontarf, the nearest DART station is Killester (near artane) its a 15 minute drive from town, and easy to find your way into town,
    Overall Beaumont is a very safe area, Crime is very low, and i'm a proud resident of the area as are all of us who live here, if i've forgotten anything dont hesitate to ask ;) you are very lucky to live here, its a hard plac to get to live, and your house will always be worth alot, don't forget to visit the links above, they have lots of information on how to join the resident association and other helpful information, I wish you the best of luck and hope you have nice stay ;) Beaumont is a middle classed area also! Good Luck

- Evo345

22/1/2017

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Rosia

Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated!

Rosia wrote: »
    Thanks for all your help, very much appreciated!
    No problem, any questions don't hesitate to ask ;)

- Evo

27/1/2017

Advertisement