Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contacts not showing - recent update

Options
  • 19-12-2016 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

Hi
    This morning i updated to the latest software and now in my message and whatsapp etc it has no name beside it, only the phone number. The contacts are in my phone book (as a name, not a number), but havnt transferred over to whatsapp or texts.
    Ive tried everything, anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I would reset your phone via the power and home button and see how it is then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

in each of the apps is there a setting to update your contacts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

murpho999 wrote: »
    I would reset your phone via the power and home button and see how it is then.

tried this old reliable trick, no luck

jonnycivic wrote: »
    in each of the apps is there a setting to update your contacts?

Not that i can see in any of the settings

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Perhaps the apps may need an update themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

This is a weird bug that's been in iOS for years without being fixed, it's rare enough but happened to me too. I tried every solution I could find online but only one worked in the end - restore from backup.

This is a weird bug that's been in iOS for years without being fixed, it's rare enough but happened to me too. I tried every solution I could find online but only one worked in the end - restore from backup.

Thanks, looks like i will have to do this so, nothing has worked so far for me.
    The effort.

Advertisement