Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving away from EIR sadly

Options
  • 19-12-2016 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

I didn't want to move away from EIR but felt I had to.

Everything from my experience was fine, customer care (Brilliant), service  (only 1 line fault ever), stability of the connection.  Just one problem, the problem that many suffer.  Speed (and reduced speed over the years) and the simple thing of being informed of plans of improvements.

I have stuck with EIR for years with the promise of Fibre and now FTTH but after disappointment after disappointment and no actual commitment that I will every get faster speeds then I have today I just can't wait for faster download and upload speeds any longer.  

While the new provider haven't confirmed to me that they can install, they seem confident that I will get nearly 10x the speed at less cost, and have to take a chance to see if they can deliver.

In the mean time,  please EIR communicate with your loyal customers, Inform them so they can make informed decisions or you will loss customers.

If I was simply told,  yes "YOUR Line" will get X Service by X date then I may have waited.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

irelandjoe wrote: »
    While the new provider haven't confirmed to me that they can install, they seem confident that I will get nearly 10x the speed at less cost, and have to take a chance to see if they can deliver.
    I'd be sure of that before I left and got tied into a new contract! Who's the supplier? If it's Sky or Vodafone etc. it's the exact same connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Neither not DSL based, don't want to mention them here as this is an EIR thread.  Will not be tied to contract unless they can install, nor will I be disconnected from EIR if they can't install.

no comment from @eir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Everything from my experience was fine, customer care (Brilliant), service  (only 1 line fault ever), stability of the connection.  Just one problem, the problem that many suffer.  Speed (and reduced speed over the years) and the simple thing of being informed of plans of improvements.

I have stuck with EIR for years with the promise of Fibre and now FTTH but after disappointment after disappointment and no actual commitment that I will every get faster speeds then I have today I just can't wait for faster download and upload speeds any longer.  

In the mean time,  please EIR communicate with your loyal customers, Inform them so they can make informed decisions or you will loss customers.

If I was simply told,  yes "YOUR Line" will get X Service by X date then I may have waited.

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irelandjoe,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & I'm sorry to hear you are leaving us.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Speeds are individual to each line & can vary I'm afraid due to several reasons. Have you troubleshooting these issues with the technical support team?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irelandjoe,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & I'm sorry to hear you are leaving us.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Speeds are individual to each line & can vary I'm afraid due to several reasons. Have you troubleshooting these issues with the technical support team?[/font]

No I have not contacted Tech support, all I want to know is if there are plan for my line and if so when.  Don't think tech support will know that will they ?

No-one ever told me why once I could get 8mb (many years ago) and now several years later I am capped at 5mb and for the most part i get the 5mb all the time,  I just get told all my line is capable of doing in 5mb with no clear plans for upgrades even though a contractor for Eir told me that they are clearing trees in preparation for FTTH.  

http://www.speedtest.net/result/5920786022.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,536 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Thanks

A different service provider will use the same lines dosage speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ted1 wrote: »

Thanks

A different service provider will use the same lines dosage speed
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you are experiencing broadband issues such as reduced speed as you have advised they can troubleshoot this for you [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irelandjoe[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]All planned upgrades are available to view online [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]here[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] on our efibre deployment rollout, on this map the blue lines are Fibre to the home & the relevant information should be available to view here if you hover your mouse over the green balloons. [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]You can also check this on our website https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/ unfortunately if your area is not listed here I would not have any further information on this at present.[/font]

Advertisement