Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin TV - broken box

Options
  • 19-12-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to get Virgin to replace a set top box that is not working correctly? It plays television, but crashes, jumps channels and cannot record.

Last time I rung up to complain (which was a couple of years ago) after waiting forever to get through to customer support I was told to free up space on the hard disk of the box. Attempting to persuade the phone operator that the box needed to be replaced was useless. I've limped on since then... dealing with the 5 minute cool-down time after crashes, the lack of any recording device, and the infuriating channel skipping, but would prefer to get the thing replaced (or perhaps move company). What would be the best way to persuade a call centre to send replacement hardware?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Vic_08

What's the best way to get Virgin to replace a set top box that is not working correctly? It plays television, but crashes, jumps channels and cannot record.

Last time I rung up to complain (which was a couple of years ago) after waiting forever to get through to customer support I was told to free up space on the hard disk of the box. Attempting to persuade the phone operator that the box needed to be replaced was useless. I've limped on since then... dealing with the 5 minute cool-down time after crashes, the lack of any recording device, and the infuriating channel skipping, but would prefer to get the thing replaced (or perhaps move company). What would be the best way to persuade a call centre to send replacement hardware?

Try the VM forum on boards, at least it is staffed by people who have some grasp of English.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1546

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Tell them it's getting really hot sometimes and you're afraid it'll go on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Got a box replaced a couple of months back, go to the chat section of their website during business hours and just tell them everything there. They'll eventually arrange for a technician to come out and he should replace it no questions asked, that was my experience.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,102 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Got a box replaced a couple of months back, go to the chat section of their website during business hours and just tell them everything there. They'll eventually arrange for a technician to come out and he should replace it no questions asked, that was my experience.

Everything said here.

I had a replacement delivered in 4 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Tell them you want to cancel (and be prepared to) and they'll quickly provide an upgrade

This should be done every year/contract period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Its NOT broken, thats normal for VM set top boxes:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,736 ✭✭✭SteM

Tell them you're leaving for Sky. You'll get a box replacement and a discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

ellobee wrote: »

Its NOT broken, thats normal for VM set top boxes:D

Just do as i said above, be persistent and theyll listen.

Advertisement