Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Tesco Gift Card

Options
  • 19-12-2016 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

As a Christmas bonus of sorts we all received Tesco gift cards, usually we would receive One4All cards. This obviously restricts me to use the card in Tesco so I'm wondering is there any options to get the cash and use this elsewhere or even get a One4All instead? Anybody got any good ideas? Its for €250

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

As a Christmas bonus of sorts we all received Tesco gift cards, usually we would receive One4All cards. This obviously restricts me to use the card in Tesco so I'm wondering is there any options to get the cash and use this elsewhere or even get a One4All instead? Anybody got any good ideas? Its for €250

I'll give you 50 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭Time

Tesco sells gift cards for a load of different retailers. Just buy some for somewhere like Debenhams or Argos or wherever suits

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Time wrote: »
    Tesco sells gift cards for a load of different retailers. Just buy some for somewhere like Debenhams or Argos or wherever suits

Tesco sell gift cards for their competitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

coylemj wrote: »

Larger Tesco stores do yep, and you are able to purchase them with Tesco Gift Cards.

Argos, Milano, Cineworld, Woodies, Lifestyle, River Island, Debenhams, Halfords off the top of my head..others too.

Regularly "exchange" Tesco gift cards from Irishopinions.com for Argos ones in Jervis.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

coylemj wrote: »

yes, you could also buy itunes vouchers, phone credit, there were a couple of other ideas I saw in bargain alerts threads where people are using €20 off €100 spends and are stuck for stuff to buy. You might be able to buy smaller say €50 tesco vouchers and find some friend or family who would take them in smaller amounts. I do most of my shopping there so would have no trouble taking them off someone I know.

I usually get one4all and would much prefer if I got tesco ones. They are usually in €250 amounts too as thats the tax break limit, so ask around mates at xmas and they might swop. I'd be wary swopping mine with a stranger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Small gift exemption limit is 500 as of last year; as tangental to the topic as that is.

Advertisement