Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been at the Panto yet?

• 19-12-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭

We went to the Olympia last night (Cinderella) for the first time after a few years in the Gaeity.
    Was curious what it was going to be like, friends had said that the Olympia Pantos aren't as polished as the Gaeity Pantos.
    While there's an element of truth to that, Al Porter as Polly was brilliant and I laughed like I never laughed in the Gaeity.
    The funniest parts were the unscripted stuff that he did on the fly and you could see that even the other performers were getting the giggles.
    Anyone else been to a good Panto this year?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

OOOOH NO I HAVEN'T!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭brevity

Can't stand Panto's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

UL Foundation building is full of primary school kids today, all at the Christmas panto.

Must be quite an exciting trip for them. But I'd hate to be looking after them. The fear of losing one would be horrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

josip wrote: »
    Anyone else been to a good Panto this year?
    Has there ever been a good Panto? Even as a kid, I hated them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

We didn't have them panto things down the country when I were a child.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

I bet that camp bloke Al Porter is in one of the pantos. I was in one in the 80s starring Brendan Grace, I thought it was awesome at the time, but looking back, my mother must have really loved me to sit through that because I'd rather slit my wrists now.

I bet that camp bloke Al Porter is in one of the pantos. I was in one in the 80s starring Brendan Grace, I thought it was awesome at the time, but looking back, my mother must have really loved me to sit through that because I'd rather slit my wrists now.
    Oh no you wouldn't.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

ScumLord wrote: »
    Oh no you wouldn't.

Yeah someone already did that one.

Yeah someone already did that one.
    You're ruining Christmas! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Everyone needs to Christmas up a bit.

Pantos are for ages 3-7.

I don't care if you don't like it, Its not for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,051 ✭✭✭✭josip

Glenster wrote: »
    Everyone needs to Christmas up a bit.

Pantos are for ages 3-7.

I don't care if you don't like it, Its not for you

Some are only for small kids, but some also try and succeed to mix in adult humor to keep the parents entertained.
    Very few 3-7 year olds at the evening shows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭d2ww

we were at the Gaiety one, and I enjoyed it every bit as much as the kids. They do a good professional show, you would have to be a fairly miserable gi* not to enjoy at least some of it, and I'm saying that as a grumpy old fart myself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

OOOOH NO I HAVEN'T!

OH YES YOU HAVE!

Don't kid yourself!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Allinall

osarusan wrote: »
    UL Foundation building is full of primary school kids today, all at the Christmas panto.

Must be quite an exciting trip for them. But I'd hate to be looking after them. The fear of losing one would be horrible.

I think they always bring a few extra so it's not a problem if you lose one or two -:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was at a Peter Pan one last year with the brother and family in Glasgow which featured the Krankies and David Hasselhoff. Twas great craic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement