Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empress tree (Seed from china)

Options
  • 19-12-2016 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I bought seed from ebay for this tree, came from China
    50-Best-Paulownia-plant-Seeds-empress-tree-Romantic-Flower-Great-Aroma-fast-growing-Free-Shipping-Little.jpg_640x640.jpg

I got the seeds started in a tray, I planted 20 and got 20!! So now i`m wondering since the plant is not native to here, is there any restrictions in planting them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

Shouldnt be a problem. Remember they grow fast. there is one in malahide castle near the front door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The Cuban wrote: »
    I bought seed from ebay for this tree, came from China
    50-Best-Paulownia-plant-Seeds-empress-tree-Romantic-Flower-Great-Aroma-fast-growing-Free-Shipping-Little.jpg_640x640.jpg

I got the seeds started in a tray, I planted 20 and got 20!! So now i`m wondering since the plant is not native to here, is there any restrictions in planting them?

No restrictions as long as it's on your own property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Cuban

rje66 wrote: »
    Shouldnt be a problem. Remember they grow fast. there is one in malahide castle near the front door.
    Really! You wouldn`t think that at the moment, I have them under a light with over a month and they are less than the size of a 1 cent coin at the moment!
    No restrictions as long as it's on your own property.

Does that mean there could be an issue if it overhangs onto someones property or even worse if the seed spread onto a neighbors property and start growing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭rje66

The Cuban wrote: »
    or even worse if the seed spread onto a neighbors property and start growing?

This won't be an issue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

rje66 wrote: »
    This won't be an issue

Unless the neighbours don't want the copious suckers coming up in their gardens.

• Advertisement
Advertisement