Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoes ruined after 2 days

Options
  • 19-12-2016 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

Bought a pair of shoes from an independent shoe shop in d1. Wore the shoes for 2 days and the heels were both hanging off?!
    Went back to the shop and the woman was rude and only offered store credit. I explained, I'd rather try somewhere else and could I get my money back

She replies, if you want to go down that route etc etc about sending the shoes to manufacture then them deciding if they should refund me

Surely, terrible goods, I'm well within my rights for my money back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,981 ✭✭✭appledrop

Yes don't let this go you are entitled to a full refund no matter what they try to say in the shop. By law goods have to be fit for purpose +these shoes obviously were not. Now if you just bought the shoes + decided you didn't like them but there was nothing wrong with them then they don't have to give you a refund by law + could just offer a credit note.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,024 ✭✭✭✭L1011

appledrop wrote: »
    Yes don't let this go you are entitled to a full refund no matter what they try to say in the shop. By law goods have to be fit for purpose +these shoes obviously were not. Now if you just bought the shoes + decided you didn't like them but there was nothing wrong with them then they don't have to give you a refund by law + could just offer a credit note.

They are entitled to offer a replacement or repair (although that isn't really possible here) either. No compulsion to give a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

L1011 wrote: »
    They are entitled to offer a replacement or repair (although that isn't really possible here) either. No compulsion to give a refund.

Yes, wasn't 100% sure. If they don't have to give cash refund, that's fair enough. One less customer for them too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

appledrop wrote: »

I initially thought the same, if I was returning goods as changed my mind up to discretion of shop regarding credit or cash refund

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

I suppose you could always 'vote with your feet'

• Advertisement
Advertisement