Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to never updated "Jelly SMS" (iOS)

Options
  • 19-12-2016 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Jelly SMS for iPhone hasn't been updated since summer 2014 and I use it for texts for emergency which means I save €10 a month on my plan, opting for web and calls only. The app was always buggy. But lately it's become a mess. Anyone know of a better third party app equivalent where I can send Meteor or other Irish network SMS messages with resorting to the labourious web browser.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

irelandjnr wrote: »
    Jelly SMS for iPhone hasn't been updated since summer 2014 and I use it for texts for emergency which means I save €10 a month on my plan, opting for web and calls only. The app was always buggy. But lately it's become a mess. Anyone know of a better third party app equivalent where I can send Meteor or other Irish network SMS messages with resorting to the labourious web browser.

SwiftSMS

The author is on Boards - here's a long thread about it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057126777

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭irelandjnr

FanadMan wrote: »
    SwiftSMS

The author is on Boards - here's a long thread about it...

SwiftSMS which I just found, thanks to your suggestion, seems to be a Messages template app to save rewriting messages which you send often. What I'm after is an app that lets you login to your carrier (Meteor/Vodafone) and send web texts through a convenient app interface. Basically, JellySMS, but coded better and reliable.

SwiftSMS which I just found, thanks to your suggestion, seems to be a Messages template app to save rewriting messages which you send often. What I'm after is an app that lets you login to your carrier (Meteor/Vodafone) and send web texts through a convenient app interface. Basically, JellySMS, but coded better and reliable.

When you set up swiftsms, you have to login to your webtext account and from there it can send webtexts. Can use multiple providers.

When you set up swiftsms, you have to login to your webtext account and from there it can send webtexts. Can use multiple providers.

Turns out I downloaded "SwiftMessage". What tricked me was when I search Apple App Store for "SwiftSMS" that other app was the only result that appeared and the developer had an Irish name. Seems like your app there is Android-only.

Turns out I downloaded "SwiftMessage". What tricked me was when I search Apple App Store for "SwiftSMS" that other app was the only result that appeared and the developer had an Irish name. Seems like your app there is Android-only.

Aww dammit :( Sorry about that

Maybe the Apple forum would get better results

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176#

• Advertisement

Aww dammit :( Sorry about that

Maybe the Apple forum would get better results

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1176#

I think there's no other app in the category I'm looking for, but I'll try there. Thank you for your help.

Advertisement