Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Communications consultant rates

Options
  • 19-12-2016 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭

I've recently been made redundant in the UK and want to move home to Ireland and work as a sole trader next year.
    As part of my old role, I've been working in strategic communications, video editing, photography, graphic design and community management, and in training in all of the above. I intend to offer these services but have no idea what the going rates are for such services in Ireland.
    Additionally, there are a number of other details that I don't want to assume anything about based on my experience. 
    For example, is it standard to invoice per day or per hour? 
    I know that different services have different VAT rates (e.g. consultant versus training) but is it normal to have varying rates depending on the services one offers a client or one single fee for any or all of them?

Many thanks for any input no matter how basic or obvious it may seem!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

That will rather depend on two prime factors, how much demand for your offering and then how good you are. You are unlikely to find either answer here!

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭mrawkward

As to VAT, it is all the standard rate for this type of activity http://johnrogers.ie/vat-on-education-and-training/

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭Koyasan

The definitions and limitation of what constitutes training are much clearer on that website than on revenues. Thank you very much!

Advertisement