Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 game recommendation?

Options
  • 19-12-2016 6:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a game recommendation please for the ps4. To buy as a Xmas gift for my brother. He's over 18. Xmas will be low key for us at home but I would like to get him something all the same.

These are his games I could find in the sitting room:
    Grand theft auto
    Just cause 3
    Drive club
    The witcher - wild hunt.

I thought he would have had more. PlayStation is still only a year old for us.

I thought maybe he would have had far cry or something like that. Maybe some sort of a blood sport game as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

The Last of Us an incredible game and can be found cheap enough in some places. One of the best games on PS4.

The Uncharted Collection is also brilliant if your brother didn't have a PlayStation 2/3 beforehand. 3 games on one disc.

Far Cry 4 is a cracking game too and you can pick it up very cheap at this point. Loads to do and will keep him entertained for a long time.

Finally you could go for Watch Dogs 2 which was just released in the last few months. It's similar to GTA in that it's an open world game and there's lots to do.

I'd recommend one of the first three though.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭wotausername

Far cry 4 and far cry primal are good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

The Last of Us an incredible game and can be found cheap enough in some places. One of the best games on PS4.

The Uncharted Collection is also brilliant if your brother didn't have a PlayStation 2/3 beforehand. 3 games on one disc.

Far Cry 4 is a cracking game too and you can pick it up very cheap at this point. Loads to do and will keep him entertained for a long time.

Finally you could go for Watch Dogs 2 which was just released in the last few months. It's similar to GTA in that it's an open world game and there's lots to do.

I'd recommend one of the first three though.

He definitely had uncharted games before and far cry too.

The last of us and watch dogs 2 is added to my list to see what I find tonight.

We were always fans of Tomb Raider and Gran Turismo games in the past. Would any of these be recommended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I'm playing Fallout 4 at the moment and really digging it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,970 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

We were always fans of Tomb Raider and Gran Turismo games in the past. Would any of these be recommended?

There are two Tomb Raiders out on PS4, one came out three years ago ('Tomb Raider') and is at rock bottom prices generally and one came out last month and is at a good price ('Rise of the Tomb Raider). Both are excellent games.

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I'm playing Fallout 4 at the moment and really digging it.

I'm familiar with the fallout name. Pretty sure he might already have fallout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

The Last Guardian is a masterpiece that took 10 years to make. It could be worth considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

BLOODBORNE

Will put hairs on his chest..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭Evade

Before you buy anything you should check to see if he has any more games on the hard drive, he could have bought more from the playstation store. Turn on the playstation, scroll all the way to the right and click library. That will have all the games installed on the PS4.

• Advertisement

Evade wrote: »
    Before you buy anything you should check to see if he has any more games on the hard drive, he could have bought more from the playstation store. Turn on the playstation, scroll all the way to the right and click library. That will have all the games installed on the PS4.

Thank you for this. I don't think he downloads games. He prefers discs.

nix wrote: »
    BLOODBORNE

Will put hairs on his chest..

I'm going to double check his games tomorrow. The name blood borne is familiar with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭Evade

Thank you for this. I don't think he downloads games. He prefers discs.
    I like boxes too but at least half of the games I bought are downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Looking at what games you listed above,

Id say

Rise of the Tomb Raider
    Fallout 4
    Watchdogs 2
    and possibly

Dark Souls 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

I'm the very definition of a casual computer game player. Got a PS4 for Christmas last year as a genuinely surprise gift. Hadn't played a computer game in years apart from Papers, Please. The entire Uncharted series reminded me what is great about this type of entertainment. They are so much fun. The type of game you look forward to coming home to play for an hour or two. It's a great old-fashioned adventure series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Drive Club (arcadey racer) and Project Cars(more sim than arcade) might not be bad shouts either if you used to like racers.

Both can be got pretty cheap if you wait for sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I just tell my brother to get what he wants and I pay him. :) Can you just ask him what he wants?

If not The Last of Us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

I'm the very definition of a casual computer game player. Got a PS4 for Christmas last year as a genuinely surprise gift. Hadn't played a computer game in years apart from Papers, Please. The entire Uncharted series reminded me what is great about this type of entertainment. They are so much fun. The type of game you look forward to coming home to play for an hour or two. It's a great old-fashioned adventure series.

Yeah. You kind of gave it away by calling it a computer game anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Macker1

The Last of Us............ Fantastic game Highly recommended

Advertisement