Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RCD reset but no socket power

Options
  • 19-12-2016 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Power went in our house around an hour ago, I checked the fuse box and reset the RCD but there's no power in any of our sockets. The RCD hasn't tripped again the meantime.

I tried unplugging all sockets and repeating the reset but no luck . I've included a photo of the fuse box as I'm obviously not an electrician!

Any advice on what to do next would be welcome!

http://m.imgur.com/eakYOLQ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

You have missing blanks in the distribution board. This means that there are as a result exposed live parts. This is an immediately dangerous situation and you should contact an REC to rectify this at once.
    You might as well have the REC look into your fault at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Bscan86

As silly as it sounds did u try pushing down the rcd and then pushing it back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

pull the tripswitch back down fully and firmly and then push it back up fully and firmly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

bscan beat me to it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

If it was that it hadn't been pulled down fully before being engaged then the dolly should be sitting in the mid position rather than fully up.
    But as I said earlier missing blanks in a distribution board is totally unacceptable and is considered to be immediately dangerous as there are exposed live parts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement