Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stephen`s day pub opening hours.

• 19-12-2016 6:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭

Local pub closed at 4pm on Stephen`s day much to my horror, im told this is normal I wouldnt know as ive been going to town for the past 12 years.

Anyone know any PUBS open all day around the north city this year ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

HenryHill wrote: »
    Local pub closed at 4pm on Stephen`s day much to my horror, im told this is normal I wouldnt know as ive been going to town for the past 12 years.

Anyone know any PUBS open all day around the north city this year ?

That's weird, along with St Patrick's Day, Stephens day is usually a massive day for publicans.

I'd say most pubs wi be open tbh.

Perhaps ask in the Dublin regional forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,558 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

That's not the norm at all and I'd say 99% of the pubs in the country will be open all day .

12.30 to 11pm is normal Stephens day opening hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

its not uncommon here for pubs to be so busy on st Stephens day that they close their doors really early because they are literally at full capacity, would this be it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Afair there's only one of the 4 pubs around my old patch that opens on Stephens day - they issue tickets for entry too (because it's just that exclusive!). Iirc they do close for a part of the day and open again for the night.

Its a hole though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

theteal wrote: »
    Afair there's only one of the 4 pubs around my old patch that opens on Stephens day - they issue tickets for entry too (because it's just that exclusive!). Iirc they do close for a part of the day and open again for the night.

Its a hole though.

Any pub with sense will be ticket only on Stephen's Day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Chaos Black

I think some places reserve the day for regular customers as they know it'll be packed anyways. Maybe this is just a semi excuse to not let some non regs in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

My local opens at 12 closes at 4-6 so the staff and locals can have dinner then back open for few more hours.

Advertisement