Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College course choice advise

Options
  • 19-12-2016 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi im considering whats the best course at the moment and my careers teachers a joke so i thought id post it this and hope for some advice, im doing all business subjects(economics,business and accounting) and do higher level everything, into computers and how they are built and what not but feel like all the computer people i know are not well off And i know money isnt everything but ehhhhh would come in handy. Living in cork but wouldnt mind/maybe prefer to leave the capital. Was thinking finace in ucc but its a lot of points a always rising. Id say if i worked hard i could get 500-520 but not going to lie i dont work hard often. Thanks for the advice :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Hi im considering whats the best course at the moment and my careers teachers a joke so i thought id post it this and hope for some advice, im doing all business subjects(economics,business and accounting) and do higher level everything, into computers and how they are built and what not but feel like all the computer people i know are not well off And i know money isnt everything but ehhhhh would come in handy. Living in cork but wouldnt mind/maybe prefer to leave the capital. Was thinking finace in ucc but its a lot of points a always rising. Id say if i worked hard i could get 500-520 but not going to lie i dont work hard often. Thanks for the advice :)

There obviously in IT support. If your half decent at coding, you'll make a killing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Patrick Coke

There obviously in IT support. If your half decent at coding, you'll make a killing.

True do you have any course recommendations? Would much prefer a university

True do you have any course recommendations? Would much prefer a university

Tbh University or not, it doesn't make a difference. You have to put a lot of work in yourself, college curriculum won't cut it.

If you go to TCD, UCD, DCU, NCI, DIT, Amy college it won't make much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Patrick Coke

Tbh University or not, it doesn't make a difference. You have to put a lot of work in yourself, college curriculum won't cut it.

If you go to TCD, UCD, DCU, NCI, DIT, Amy college it won't make much of a difference.

And course wise then would you say BIS or computer science or ?

And course wise then would you say BIS or computer science or ?

If you want to be a developer computing, or computer science.

• Advertisement
Advertisement