Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HCG levels (early pregnancy)

Options
  • 19-12-2016 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi guys.

I've had a very faint line on my pregnancy test on Sunday and it got a little darker yesterday (still pretty faint). If my period was due yesterday should my HCG levels not be higher?

I'm not really showing on any other test only first response tests.

This is my first time to be pregnant so I'm not too sure what to expect. I've heard 50% of first time mums have chemical pregnancies so I'm trying not to get my hopes up. Ideally I'd reather not test so soon but I felt so tired and nauseous - I knew something was going on in there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

Congratulations! It gets a little darker as it progresses but with my pregnancy it took about two weeks after my missed period to get really dark. You could try the Clearblue Digital to give you an idea of weeks then test again next week to see if it changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭starface

Thanks for the reply.

I'll try one of those. I'm probably not going to get to the doctor until after Christmas so this should give me some piece of mind until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

The doctor uses the same strip tests anyway, you only really go there to talk through hospital options and register for the maternity scheme or whatever it's called. Good luck!

Advertisement