Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dark souls and Bloodborne fan and finding Skyrim hard to get into

Options
  • 19-12-2016 7:34pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭

I love Dark souls 1 and 3 and also love blood borne , I bought Skyrim the other day and I am find it very hard to get into. Does it get better?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Souls games are as far away from Skyrim as you can get. If you came to Skyrim expecting anything other than bad janky unrewarding combat and bad story writing you are playing the wrong game. If you came to it to go exploring and goof around with the limited role playing then it's for you. Give it a few more hours and if hasn't gripped you play something else there's not a lot of variety in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Icaras

Maybe try final fantasy vii...

Seriously though its a nice goof around but you wont die too often - its more about exploration and adventure than die, progress a little more, die, repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

grandmother%20eating%20popcorn%20from%20the%20bowl-preview.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Skyrim is all about silly emergent gameplay whereas the Souls games are totally mechanics focused and a lot more skill based. In terms of controls you couldn't find two less similar games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Something like Red Dead Redemption, if you haven't already played it, has both a vast sandbox to get lost in as well as a compelling story.
    Coupled with visuals and a soundtrack that hasn't been beat, it's a must play.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 73 ✭✭Lukeskyrunner

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Souls games are as far away from Skyrim as you can get. If you came to Skyrim expecting anything other than bad janky unrewarding combat and bad story writing you are playing the wrong game. If you came to it to go exploring and goof around with the limited role playing then it's for you. Give it a few more hours and if hasn't gripped you play something else there's not a lot of variety in it.

which do u prefer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

which do u prefer
    bad janky unrewarding combat and bad story writing
    goof around with the limited role playing
    there's not a lot of variety in it.

I'd look at Witcher 3 OP if you haven't played it , the elderscrolls and fallout games are long over due a revamp. Combat wise it's closer to dark souls, but has a much richer and more detailed story.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

which do u prefer

Souls games for sure but I'm massively biased towards Japanese action games with tight combat and massive bosses :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'd look at Witcher 3 OP if you haven't played it , the elderscrolls and fallout games are long over due a revamp. Combat wise it's closer to dark souls, but has a much richer and more detailed story.

I'd second this recommendation, but personally I dont find the combat terribly rewarding. For a story, and a massive sense of scale, i don't think anything comes anywhere close.

• Advertisement
Advertisement