Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving home bringing equipment with me

Options
  • 19-12-2016 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Just wondering if it's possible for me to simply plug my eir equipment in and start using it in my new home without needing to contact yourselves or suffer penalty like being tied into a new contract or anything ridiculous like that ?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I just moved and was told I had to cancel the old account and create a new one at the new address. The old account wasn't cancelled properly so had to wait to put the new order in and now I won't get it 'installed' till January 3rd. Why oh why can't you just bring your modem with you and just have Eir manage the account on the back-end. No broadband now for over 2 weeks, over Xmas and trying to work from home. Eir were not interested in even trying to help me out with speeding things up. I don't even understand why it needs an engineer visit when there was already eFibre there. Surely they could just post out the modem and have a self install option? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

DermoMIO wrote: »
    Just wondering if it's possible for me to simply plug my eir equipment in and start using it in my new home without needing to contact yourselves or suffer penalty like being tied into a new contract or anything ridiculous like that ?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]DermoMIO,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm afraid this is not possible as there would be no active service in your new home & installation or reactivation would be required.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement