Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How strict is vicar street?

Options
  • 19-12-2016 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Howya,
    I'm looking at buying tickets for both Deftones nights at Vicar street in may, but i wont be 18 till a month after the gigs. One of my favorite bands so i really don't want to miss it. I'm wondering if anyone knows how strict they are with ID'ing people? Most people think i'm older than i actually am and i could probably grow a decent beard by then, also im going with a chap in his thirties so i was thinking if i was with him they wouldn't care as much. Worse case scenario i know a guy with the same hairstyle and glasses as me and i can get an ID off him. Any help would be great, cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

It would depend on the door-staff on the night. Most would be fussy enough. Really depends on exactly how old you look tbh. Sure bring the ID anyway or your Mammy. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 PikeMatton

Thanks Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

From my experience of Vicar St, you'll have no problems.

Compared to the heavy handed nature of the Olympia staff (camera police anyone?), I've always found the staff at Vicar St to be friendly and helpful.

You'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭endacl

poundhound wrote: »
    (camera police anyone?)

I'll have some camera police please! At every event. Can they be armed?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 EugiePanucci

Turn up early and don't shave between now and then!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Turn up early and don't shave between now and then!

And when you are within earshot of security say something along the lines of..

"I wonder if it it will be as good as the Ambassador gigs in 06, had to take two days of work to recover"

Advertisement