Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Would you try to drive from Dublin to Galway in a Nissan Leaf Xmas Day?

• 19-12-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

I am at two minds whether to bring the ICE or the Leaf to Galway on Christmas day?
    Would you chance it. Bad day to have an issue with charging.
    Are the FCs at Enfield and Kilbeggan open Christmas day?
    What happens if you run out of juice or an FC is broken?

Christmas day would be a real test.
    I feel if I dont do it in the Leaf it proves to me that I dont have confidence in it.
    But I dont want to be stuck on a motorway flat, a hundred km form home that day either.
    What would you do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

Weather forecast for Christmas day is very wet with westerly winds gusting to 80-100Kph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

76544567 wrote: »
    I am at two minds whether to bring the ICE or the Leaf to Galway on Christmas day?
    Would you chance it. Bad day to have an issue with charging.
    Are the FCs at Enfield and Kilbeggan open Christmas day?
    What happens if you run out of juice or an FC is broken?

Christmas day would be a real test.
    I feel if I dont do it in the Leaf it proves to me that I dont have confidence in it.
    But I dont want to be stuck on a motorway flat, a hundred km form home that day either.
    What would you do?

Both those FCPs will be open, and that route is pretty well covered. On Christmas day though, I'd want to get the journey over with as quickly as possible so I'd probably take the ICE though!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

I think you might be right.
    Id love to take the Leaf, but its just too much for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Mancomb Seepgood

76544567 wrote: »
    I think you might be right.
    Id love to take the Leaf, but its just too much for it.

I don't think it would be a problem in the Leaf, it would just be longer, and personally I'd prefer to spend as little time as possible on the road on Christmas day. Any other time, I'd take the Leaf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭gavman1

Me reckons the fact you have to ask the question means the leccy car is not ready to replace the internal combustion engine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

gavman1 wrote: »
    Me reckons the fact you have to ask the question means the leccy car is not ready to replace the internal combustion engine.

For that particular route, maybe not. But many other routes, yes.

Advertisement