Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VAT Moss on online donations

Options
  • 20-12-2016 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hello,

I'd love to hear from someone with knowledge on VAT Moss. I'm planning to uplad images on a stock photo site. All the photos on the site are in the public domain and anyone can download them for free. However if the person so chooses, they can make a donation to the uploader of the image directly into the uploader’s paypal account. I'm just wondering would I need pay VAT in relation to donations made by people in other European countries. I'm just asking because I find the VAT Moss regulation to be extremely confusing. The money I would make would probably be low, however according to VAT Moss there is a zero euro threshold when selling digital products online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There is no VAT on donations as far as I know, but it would have to be voluntary.

Advertisement