Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attic conversion

Options
  • 20-12-2016 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi. I am looking to do an attic conversion early in 2017 (probably March) and a room layout change as well, and I wonder if there is any advise going, a few reputable contractors recommendations in the area and surrounding (HRI registered) and an idea of likely ball park. I have a 100sq m 4 bed bungalow, truss roof. All bedrooms are on one side of the house and not very big (around 10/11 sqm), so my idea is to use the second last bedroom for the stairwell, and partition said bedroom to expand the size of the 4th bedroom, and make that 4th bedroom an ensuite as it s adjacent to the bathroom. So in summary i am looking to:
    1\ Convert attic to a bedroom (non habitable spec cert is fine as doesn't have height reqs for bedroom classification)
    2\ use the 3rd bedroom space to fit stairwell and expand 4th bedroom.
    3\ build an en suite in the 4th bedroom (bedroom wall adjacent to bathroom wall where sink and toilet are)

Comments

Advertisement