Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radius Technologies

Options
  • 20-12-2016 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Has anybody used Radius Technologies for IT support? They have been recommended to me by a former colleague and i would like some opinions
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

Try asking in Computer and Technology

Catch all kind of forum, probably your best bet.

The only other thread with them as a topic is this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Sheila76 wrote: »
    Has anybody used Radius Technologies for IT support? They have been recommended to me by a former colleague and i would like some opinions

Posting in the expectation this will be moved to a better suited forum.

They aren't the worst. Very high staff turnover which means quality can vary massively. One week you could have someone with a pile of qualifications and loads of experience and the next some kid off the street. Micromanagement of staff is the problem.

They won't however let you down and if you do take a contract out with them, the staff will be micromanaged into sorting any of your issues.

But the other options and I know most of them aren't much better. One is capable of providing a good service but will charge you an arm and a leg just for picking up the phone and there are always new startups that are chancing their arm.

The safest option and still not ideal is get a reference from someone who has had their whole system setup and by maintained by whoever you go with, even then the guys at the bottom of the food chain that did the actual work will have moved on. May even be best to find out the decent computer network guys are in the area and follow them wherever they go.

How much support do you need, ie number of computers and servers on site?

Advertisement