Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

accused of trolling, thread locked, not trolling, genuine question.

Options
  • 20-12-2016 2:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭

I made the following thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057683815

I am genuine and I am raising a genuine legal issue.

The moderator simply states that I am trolling, and my thread has been locked.

But I'm not trolling.

Why can't I ask the questions I asked?

Cultures are arbitrary and therefore it is absolutely certain that multiple cultures living together can cause conflict.

One culture can arbitrarily decide that the acts of another culture are wrong and that causes conflict. As cultures are arbitrary this problem cannot be solved.

Why can't I ask these questions in a legal forum?

The law speaks about people being offended and the fact that that can be a criminal offence in some cases.

I am asking how the law deals with religious offence when we have several religions with conflicting demands.

Why am I accused of trolling in these circumstances?

Boards should be clear that the decision to close my thread is an editorial decision, and not a trolling issue.

I asked a legal question in the legal forum.
    Why am I accused of trolling?

The issue of offending someone being a criminal offence came up in the Zebra Crossing thread and I didn't want to derail that thread so I started a new thread on the specific legal question which had been raised.
    Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?

Boards is unfairly censoring these questions.

The legal forum should strive for impartiality.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Lets follow the process outlined. The first step is to attempt to resolve the issue with the mod via PM. Have you attempted to do this, and what has been the outcome?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Muhammed_1

Yes, I have sent PM today.

The moderator made the decision. There is no new information. Why would he reverse it?

Mods can, and do, reverse their decisions following conversations with the poster. It's always best to try and have a discussion as rational adults before getting into this process.

The moderator made no attempt to determine if I was trolling before he closed my thread.

Some opinions are simply not welcome on Boards it appears.

Cultures are arbitrary and so it is definitely the case that laws relating to offence or annoyance do not work in these circumstances.

The law implicitily assumes that there will be a dominant or prevailing culture which is agreed or shared by a majority of citizens. That is the only way a judge can perform a test to determine if a particular act or behaviour is likely to be offensive or annoying to people in general.

Multiculturalism intentionally and definitely breaks that system.

When you have multiple cultures you have multiple opinions as to what is offensive or annoying.

That is a fact and it cannot be avoided.

For example, the Swedish government is allowing child brides in their country. Some brides are younger than 14. That is not allowed for Swedish people and it represent child rape.

That situation in Sweden is clearly less than perfect and yet it persists. With multiculturalism that type of situation cannot be avoided.

Unless of course you do simply avoid it be shutting down all debate and calling everybody who disagrees with you a racist.

I thought we were grown ups here, and that we could discuss issues.

Please wait for the mod to respond to your PM. This forum is not for you to soapbox and any such comments from you are futile here.

This forum is for disputing the ban you received. We have a defined process and the CMods / Admins are not going to get involved until the mod/poster step has been tried.

• Advertisement

The moderator has now agreed to allow me to make this appeal.

I'll ask a relevant CMod to review

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hi Muhammed_1,

I will be looking into this for you. Just for clarification, can I ask are you disputing the yellow card warning you got or the fact that your thread was locked? I ask because we can only deal with yellow/red cards and bans in Dispute Resolution.

Also could you please forward me on any PMs exchanged between you and the mod who gave you the warning?

Many thanks!

I am complaining that the thread was locked FOR REASONS of trolling.

I am not trolling.

Boards may not like the subject I raised but I am genuine and I am not trolling.

I have not been banned or received cards but my thread has been locked for a false reason.

Can Boards tell the truth please?

I have identified a problem with our legal system and with multiculturalism. Can it be discussed on this site?

If I cannot complain about false reasons being used to close threads do I simply have to accept the falsehoods being told about me?

Does that seem fair?

This tendency to label everyone a troll or a racist is fairly tedious.

If you are not disputing the warning you received, then this dispute will be closed. The dispute process only covers warnings, infractions & bans. It does not cover thread closures. They can be discussed in the Help desk forum

• Advertisement

Can I start a new thread on the same subject matter in the legal forum?

Does Boards have an editorial policy that multiculturalism or its effects cannot be challenged or discussed in any form?

If my thread has been closed for trolling then I should receive a warning which can be appealed.

Anything else is dictatorial and unfair.

There is no evidence to support your moderators conclusion. There is contradicting evidence. Therefore, it is correct to describe the moderators decision as delusional, or as unsafe, or as lacking foundation.

Is there any intellectual honesty left?

Is it all just labels and denigration now?

I have received a warning and the moderator in his PM states that I can appeal to the Dispute resolution forum.

Please be clear on what you are requesting.

Do you wish to dispute the warning you received? If so, this thread will remain open. If you want to discuss your closed thread, then please discuss that in the Help Desk.

Confusing.

I may as well do what I can and so I will appeal the warning here.

If I am successful in my appeal will the locked thread be re-opened?

If not, what is the purpose of an appeal?

Is there any remedy possible in respect of the thread closure?

Let's take it one step at a time, and let Toots review your warning first.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've received the PMs from you and also from the mod who gave you the warning.

You sent him this PM earlier:
    Muhammed_1 wrote:

As per the first step in the dispute resolution can I discuss this with you please?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057684214

and he replied:
    Sure. Go ahead.

The discussion with the moderator is by PM - if that fails to reach a mutually satisfactory outcome, then you post here and the Cmods will look at it. Please engage with the moderator by PM and if you can't come to an agreement about it, then post back here. The process is outlined in the information box at the top of the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

User subsequently site banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement