Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile number ported to Eir

Options
  • 20-12-2016 2:25pm
    Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭

I moved from 3 to Eir yesterday for my mobile service. All works fine, except that I can't call my number from a landline. I can get calls from mobiles, send/receive texts and use data.

It is just over 24 hours since my number was ported. Is it normal that this takes extra time from the other things to work or is there something wrong do you think? I am on the sim only business tariff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

5starpool wrote: »
    I moved from 3 to Eir yesterday for my mobile service. All works fine, except that I can't call my number from a landline. I can get calls from mobiles, send/receive texts and use data.

It is just over 24 hours since my number was ported. Is it normal that this takes extra time from the other things to work or is there something wrong do you think? I am on the sim only business tariff.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]5starpool,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Try doing a location update on the device. Switch the phone to flight mode for ten minutes and restart it. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Let me know if that works.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Thanks for the reply Pamela. That did not work. I set it to airplane mode for about 20 mins, restarted, and then took off airplane mode. I get a message saying "the number you have called is not recognised" when I ring it from my desk phone at work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

5starpool wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply Pamela. That did not work. I set it to airplane mode for about 20 mins, restarted, and then took off airplane mode. I get a message saying "the number you have called is not recognised" when I ring it from my desk phone at work.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend speaking with the customer care team in relation to this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]5starpool [/font]o[font=Verdana, sans-serif]n 1800690000 as troubleshooting may be required.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 43 bobby14

Been trying to get existing number ported to eir since 8 June. Numerous calls and web chats with eir,, passed from one rep to another and have been put on hold and hung up on now. Supposed to have got a home phone mobile tv and broadband bundle on 8 June and have nothing at all. Absolute disgrace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

Hi bobby14,

Thanks for getting in touch and I'm very sorry to hear this.

Can you please PM me your account number and full name and I will follow this up for you?

Thanks,
    Anna

• Advertisement
Advertisement