Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday the 13th

Options
  • 20-12-2016 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭

New Footage of this is out and Beta is live on PC if you have it preordered. Releasing Spring 2017 as multiplayer only with singleplayer mode releasing in the summer. PC, PS4 & XBOX. Have to say, it looks like a great laugh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Can you still get hands on beta keys? Can't seem to preorder on Steam and would to give this a crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lot of people streaming the beta on YouTube giving away keys. I'd say check their official Twitter page, I saw they put up instructions how to get a key.

Looks like it could be great craic. 40 quid might be too much though. Release date May 26th.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/855522236928839681

God damn, about bloody time! I've had the pre-order down since the beta, cant wait to get stuck into this! :)

40 quid????? I haven't really been following this for a while but unless something has changed this looked like something you'd not play for all that long and had the same problem as evolve in that it would be a great multiplayer mode if part of something larger but not enough to build a whole game around. Certainly not a 40 euro one.

• Advertisement

There's supposed to be a single player part of the game being worked on, to be added at a later date. €40 is pretty steep but I'd imagine you could potentially get it cheaper on CDKeys or G2A

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,514 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Their marketing team should all be fired, can't even release it on a Friday the 13th (although that would mean waiting until October :p)

Can't wait.

Some info I found on the game, seems to be fairly indepth, I spose would want to be for 40 quid. Each counselor has their own stats so strategy plays a part in picking your character.

yjPH7G2l.jpg

Fear is a feature and works like this:
    Fear does a couple things. As your Fear level rises, you make more noise. This increases the radius that Jason's "Sense" can detect you. Also, the higher your Fear level, the more your HUD will fade away, and your screen will get a blue-ish filter. This means no mini-map to see other people nor Jason.
    Fear raises in these situations (though the Composure stat affects your resistance to fear)
    • Jason nearby (scales with how close)
    • Being in the dark
    • Being in the woods with no light on
    • Hiding under a bed/in a closet/etc
    • Seeing a dead body
    • When wounded
    Things you can do to lower your Fear level
    • Stand by other counselors
    • Turn on your flashlight when in the dark and in the woods
    Stay away from Jason

Main thing I was worried about was a similar game mode in GTA Online were 1 person is the killer with a shotgun hunting down everyone else who has an axe. Would just turn into everyone rushing the killer and the shotgun being too slow to stop them all. Devs said in their testing, Jason would be killed onnce in 60-70 games so that won't be a viable option. So that sounds good.

Game won't be up for preorder, devs said Sony and MS would push back the date by a month in order to have it as a preorder option and dev as didn't want anymore delays. Still launching 26th may.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/865676150219186176

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have dead by daylight and its awesome but there is no one playing it :(

Think this will go the same way, asymmetrical MP just doesn't seem to work when in theory it really should.

• Advertisement

Yeah this has the potential to either be a great laugh in a group or a bit boring with randomers. I don't think the single player will be great, whenever it gets added in, as the game was never to be MP only from the beginning. Will be interesting to see how many people on here pick it up on launch.

Devs just said the game size is 3.5GB's so should be a quick download to make up for no preorder. 3.5 is tiny for a 40 quid game.

I'm gonna have faith and say this should be fun. Small file might be because there's no single player content just yet, that comes at a later date. Please God it won't be a bug fest on launch

Anyone interested in trophies/cheevos, list is available. Play 1000 matches as Jason, play 1000 matches as a counselor, kill 1313 councillors, escape a certain way a certain number of times etc.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6189-friday-the-13th

So is anyone picking it up Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nah, would not be into this much at all. Down the road maybe.....

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone interested in trophies/cheevos, list is available. Play 1000 matches as Jason, play 1000 matches as a counselor, kill 1313 councillors, escape a certain way a certain number of times etc.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/6189-friday-the-13th

So is anyone picking it up Friday?

Wow that's up there with the ****tiest achievement/trophy lists of all time, a marathon grind. Fine if it will come naturally over time and if the game is great but the player base won't be huge for it and Evolve has shown us the X v 1 formula is a mode of a bigger game, not to base a whole game around.

I know i'm achievement guy but still I don;t let them put me off playing a game but when they pull that crap they can f right off.Simply thats using achievements to extend the life and playerbase of a game.

4pm Friday....**** sake Sony. Still not decided on it anyway. I was watching early streams last night and it looked like a good laugh but could be a ****fest if you could only get games with randomers acting the fool.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/867495254848659457

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

^^^

Exactly this....if you had a group of mates is would be great craic.

It's on the psn store now for 37 euro, live on steam since last night but still no sign on Xbox apparently and the devs aren't happy.

Very ****ing tempted!!

Have this preloaded on the PC if anyone has it and fancies a few games sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I defo wanna play this but still not to sure about spending 35 euro on it the beta was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Gonna pick this up when it goes on sale, always like having games like these to play around October.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Xenji wrote: »
    Gonna pick this up when it goes on sale, always like having games like these to play around October.

Would be nice to have and stream around halloween alright :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

ill give it a few weeks/months and see what they do with it.
    Actually looking at some of the twitch feeds it looks very unpolished.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah lookin a bit average....looks like an Alpha/Beta tbh.
    That fast walk, slow jog animation....I've NEVER in my life seen someone move like that....and the stupid transition to the awkward looking crouch.
    The only reason I'm raggin on the animations...is because there aren't that many that they had to perfect at all.
    I'm also gonna give it 2 months....see how many people are still playing on STEAM at that stage.\

Also, checkin some Korean streamers stream , himself and the other asians are all having to play with 200+ ping. :(

Was watching this and burst out laughing at the ending. Guy finds car battery, fixes the car, the trio gets attacked by Jason, he gets shot in the face by a flare gun and is stunned. 2 get into the car and the driver drives off with the guy who actually fixed the car running beside it begging her to stop and she leaves him to deal with Jason. Savage stuff :pac:

Was gonna pull the trigger on this but looked like the server's crashed from too many users. Devs said they are allowing people back on note but other forums saying people haven't been able to get on for the last couple of hours. Might leave it off till tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I watched a few matches on steam earlier today and really like i would give this a miss personally it looked fun when the guy got to play as jason, but when he was like a survivor camp person all you did was run around trying to hide, if you die you had to wait for the match to end, which was like 10 min or so, and he died at the start twice and had to sit there till the match ended or you get nothing, then one matched he and another person managed to escape on a boat and they then get a spectator screen and had to wait for the match to end which was about 8 minuets or so yeah i dont see this having much long lasting appeal. Especially considering it only has 3 maps apparently the animations seemed way to janky for my liking so anyway those were my impressions from watching a few matches today.

Yeah, I looked it up today to see if you had to wait if you died early. Apparently you can quit and keep your xp but you get bonus xp for watching the rest of the game. Also if you die and someone fixes the phone to call Tommy Jarvis, you can respawn as him. I definitely don't fancy waiting around if you die early unless you were in a private game having a bit of craic with the lads.

I've read you can go to the options and choose Jason as your preferred character which gives you a higher chance of being him other than the 1 in 8. A trophy for playing Jason 1000 times is ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

It's probably good fun with mates but doesn't look like it would appeal to me. Watched a few streams on Twitch which consisted of people talking ****e in a lobby and hardly playing the game at all.

Advertisement