Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday the 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,840 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I always check Gameranx 'before you buy' vids to know more about a game if I can't decide on buying it. They had a great video on this game this morning and the Devs even shared it.

I'm 50/50 on it, part of me wants to get it right now and part wants to wait to see what will be fixed added but maybe the longer you put this off, the less users it will have.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/868449638348718080

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Most people here seem to be on the fence about whether to get it or not.

Aside from all the points mentioned, the fact is that it doesn't come across as a 40e game or whatever the Euro price is.

If it were 15e or around there then I'd jump on it. But it's nowhere near a AAA title or worthy of that much money when I can get so much more bang for my buck.

After watching a YouTube stream, I bit the bullet and bought it on PS4. Anyone else get it, add me sheehy83.

Devs are gas, replying to a guy who said there's only so much masturbating he can do while waiting for the game to be fixed :pac:

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/868591050822168577

This is fecking awesome! :pac: will post a couple of vids soon. Played as counselor in my first match and was 2nd last to be killed. Tough as nails to escape, just as it should be. 2nd game I was Jason and axe chopped everyone to death. Couldn't remember the grab button. Such a great laugh. One nut job tried to take me 1 on 1, it didn't end well for her :)

Game is janky as hell but you get over it when it's so tense you only care about surviving. In my 3rd game, one guy left alive hiding under a bed for the last 7 minutes, he has 3 minutes left and he wins. Hardly exciting stuff but seems a good bunch of lads so don't want to leave the group. Ah he got axed through the bed, serves him right! Ah waited to the end, the host leaves so everyone gets kicked. No host migration is a bollix.

A couple guys chatting but no real communication going on. Looks like you definitely need teamwork to either work the same objectives or take on Jason. A private game with the lads could be the best multiplayer experience in ages.

I got 90 xp there and a bonus 500 for staying til the end. They really want you to complete matches, better git good I spose.

Edit,: quit to upload the vid below, restarted the game and lost my levels and xp, bolloxing servers.

Edit: my first go as Jason....Flawless Victory!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Looks cool is there a single player mode for it yet ?

Looks cool is there a single player mode for it yet ?

Single mode coming later this summer but as the game started as a multiplayer survivor game, I'm not sure if it will be the same game just against bots or what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

when someone invites me to a private game I go into the invitation and it links me to the store to buy the game again what the hell is up with that please help somebody????

ps4 version here

biggebruv wrote: »
    when someone invites me to a private game I go into the invitation and it links me to the store to buy the game again what the hell is up with that please help somebody????

ps4 version here

I've read about that happening with other people online as well. Haven't tried a private game get but looks like that is the best way to get into a match. I'd say keep an eye on the official Facebook and Twitter pages as they've been giving a few updates on that.

Big update from devs.

**STATUS UPDATE MAY 27TH**

Hey campers,

Been a rocky few days to say the least. Few of us have slept since Thursday, but I wanted to take a moment to inform all of you as to what’s going on with everything. We’re having global issues, on all platforms (PC/XB1/PS4). Here’s a breakdown of the most common issues so far.

Known issues. Why they are happening. What we’re doing to fix them.

Issue: “I can’t login, it keeps saying something about a Database Error.”

Why: Our database was hit really hard when the game went live. We had upwards of 75K players in a short period of time. Due to this our database was hit hard. We tried spinning up more nodes to help alleviate the stress but ultimately caused some corrupted nodes which is causing people not to be able to login that were affected by those nodes. In addition it has caused major slow downs in our database software which can on and off effect other accounts from logging in.

Fix: We are working around the clock to get this solved. We are a small team but brought in outside resources to help. It's our top priority right now and we need to make sure we can get our servers properly scaled and balanced to handle the current demand. Once we can alleviate some stress on the database this should all start working smoothly. We are working hard to properly load balance our servers and identify issues with accounts that are slowing down the database.

Issue: “I can sign in (sometimes) but I can’t find a match when I select Quick Play”

Why: Due to a high demand of PS4 players there is an issue with Matchmaking when it finds an open session several players try to join that open session at once filling up the room the same time you receive the message this room is still open. You end up not being able to connect to that session and move on but it wastes time taking it a lot longer to find an open session. On Xbox One there also is a high number of players trying to find games and the amount of requests is really adding up which is overloading the Matchmaking service.

Fix: We have tuned Matchmaking on PS4 to create more open sessions to spread out the playerbase. We also have tuned the time it takes to create new sessions. We are currently testing the fix and hope to have a patch out real soon. For Xbox One we have been working with Microsoft who has tuned some settings on their end. This has helped some users but not all. We are still working on tuning our Matchmaking algorithm along throttling requests more in line with LIVE standards and with working with Microsoft on this as well. We hope to have a patch in testing early this week.

Issue: “It’s not saving my Jason kills, XP, clothing customization or achievements.”

Why: This is a result of the mentioned above database issue. Unfortunately all of this information is tied to the database as well.

Fix: Once we can alleviate some stress on the database this should all start working smoothly. We are working hard to properly load balance our servers and identify issues with accounts that are slowing down the database.

Issue: “What happened to my XP? I was level ‘X’ now I’m level 0” or “My XP is stuck and I’m not getting any more.”

Why: This is also a result to the database issue. Match statistic reports still seem to be coming into the database correctly so if you had a level at some point, it should be still progressing.

Fix: Once we can alleviate some stress on the database this should all start working smoothly. You should still be earning XP but it’s just not showing it properly. When the database is less stressed you should see your proper XP level.

Issue: “I see others can play, but I have yet to get past the login screen.”

Why: This is also the result of the database issue. We’ve noticed it can randomly affect specific accounts. So while you can’t play someone in the next room with a different account can play. We have identified what causes it for some accounts and fixed it, but there are a few causes at play here.

Fix: Once we can alleviate some stress on the database this should all start working smoothly. We are working hard to properly load balance our servers and identify issues with accounts that are slowing down the database.

Issue: “My DLC isn’t working. I downloaded it, where is it?”

Why: PC Keys were not working and we had to issue a new set of keys. For PS4 DLC keys we are still waiting for the DLC to be approved and go live.

Fix: If you are a PC user please make sure you have received your new keys. Check your email. If not please contact us. PS4 users we will keep you posted when the DLC is live.

Issue: “I never got my game/DLC code. I’m a backer, what’s up?”

Why: This could be due to multiple reasons. Emails from BackerKit do not contain codes, you must log in to BackerKit to retrieve codes you’ve ordered. You possibly did not complete your BackerKit survey? Or there may be an actual customer service problem, error or glitch.

Fix: The first step is to use your original kickstarter email address to log in to https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/ and retrieve your codes. Keep in mind that if you ordered multiple times that you will have to check each order survey to look for all your codes as they are associated with each order they were placed on.

If you did not fill out your survey/s, you will need to do so and then we can lock it down and process your codes so they show up in your account. Remember, if you had multiple orders then you will need to go through and fill out each survey.

Issue: “I received the wrong platform code via email. Help!”

Why: Sometimes mistakes are made and glitches happen. Some players received codes for the wrong platforms, but this can be rectified after verification of the issue.

Fix: If for some reason you received the wrong code for a platform you didn’t order for, please contact BackerKit by logging on to your account at https://friday-the-13th-the-game.backerkit.com/ and then use the contact form to input your issue. You will then only need to wait for a response. You cannot switch to a different platform. You will receive the code that was selected in your original BackerKit survey. We repeat, you cannot swap platforms just because you changed your mind.

Issue: “I can play, but i’m experiencing glitches/bugs/crashes.”

Why: General gameplay bugs that may have already been fixed but a patch hasn’t been released for that platform yet. In addition as new players play they are helping us find bugs all the time.

Fix: We have an Xbox One patch that addresses a lot of the glitches/bugs/crashes that we are testing now and are shooting to have it out mid next week. We are currently working on another PS4 patch to help with Matchmaking and some gameplay bugs. Our team is constantly working on fixing bugs, optimizations and pushing new patches on all platforms.

Issue: “OK, but why weren’t you guys prepared for this?”

We thought we were. We looked at average concurrent players during the beta; 5K. We then took PC pre-order numbers, as well as backer numbers and tripled it for three platforms (XB1, PS4 and PC). We then added more cushion just to make sure. We were forecasting somewhere around 30K concurrents and that’s what we setup our database to handle. However, when we flipped the switch, making the game live, 75K players showed up in the first 20 minutes. 50K players got in, but at that point our database was melting. We immediately started spinning up new database servers to meet demand. But in the process, the original database started getting damaged nodes due to the influx of players. We were moving just as fast as we could to meet the demand. But it wasn’t fast enough.

Due to the damaged node, bad accounts started being recorded. Bad as in, the data associated with the account was taking too long for the database to read it. So we had two issues hitting at once, within a 30 minute time frame; not a robust enough database to meet demand, and corrupted data (bad accounts). Basically we have accounts that are taking a long time to query and we are investigating why.

If you login on your bad account and the request hits before someone with a good account, it’s timing out both players. Right now, bad accounts are taking upwards of 120 seconds to pull it down. This slows everyone down that is in line after them on that node. And in some cases the database says “this is taking too long” and just throws up the error for everyone standing in line. Good or bad account.

The fix to this is a more robust scaling solution in our database. 90% of player accounts are good. The remaining 10% will take more time due to how corrupted they are. Again, this data is salvageable, just tedious and time consuming to repair.

• Advertisement

Just had the best multiplayer match in a long long time, I was grinning like a fool start to finish. The survivors were a bunch of English lads who didn't think Jason could great their proximity chat, was goddamn hilarious, Pity the vid didn't pick up the chat. Killed them all including Tommy who has spawned. They put up a great fight though, rocked me a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Although the game is pretty much broken on the match-making front. Through Xboxes LFG was able to find a multiple games in private matches(only down side if the host left the game crashed). It is a great fun game playing as either a survivor or Jason. I think that once the dust settles and everything is up and running it will be a great game to play. I say the will add more maps over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Im on Xbox and have a few people to play private matches with. Great game. Add me penguins haooo or jack Bauer ire

have they mentioned anything about the ps4 version private match error thingy everything some one invites me to a private game when I go into the invitation it tells me buy the game wtf

biggebruv wrote: »
    have they mentioned anything about the ps4 version private match error thingy everything some one invites me to a private game when I go into the invitation it tells me buy the game wtf

I saw someone on gamefaqs had the same issue and someone suggested the below. Worth a go.
    It's the opposite for me, it won't let me accept anybodies invite. The only option I get is to go to the PSN store
    You have that glitch where it shows the lock symbol on the game icon at the XMB? You need to go to settings, accoutn and then renew licenses (should be bottom option) and then you have to wait a minute for everything to get verified. (I had 1,000+ pieces of digital content and it took about a minute, so I'm gonna guess you aren't a buying fiend like I am and it will take less time.)
    Game should work then.
    Also make sure your PS4 is set to your home console (I think it's the option above renew license) unless you're game sharing with a friend then ignore the home thing otherwise they'll lose your games.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I saw someone on gamefaqs had the same issue and someone suggested the below. Worth a go.

cheers I must try that when I get home

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Carroller wrote: »
    Im on Xbox and have a few people to play private matches with. Great game. Add me penguins haooo or jack Bauer ire
    added you there.

Update:
    WE ARE LIVE!

You should no longer see the database login failure, you should see your stats set to where they need to be from gameplay with unlocks and perks and you should able to work with your account as normal.

Bear in mind; this will not affect matchmaking issues that are still present on Xbox One and PS4. This is mainly to remove the server issues for accounts still being locked out and seeing their stats/unlocks not displaying/unlocking correctly.

We hope this is a step in the right direction and are confident in things working well, but please bear with us. We're working hard at it! Apologies for the inconvenience, but this should stabilize things for users. Our next big goal is matchmaking for PS4 and Xbox One!

For those on consoles; we recommend private games for now; The Xbox One and PS4 both have communities that are playing around the clock. We will get quick play games going just as soon as we're able, talking to both Sony and Microsoft now on resolving the matchmaking issues.

Playing much better on ps4 for me, for straight into a quick match and had 3 full games, even got my first escape, well chuffed.

I got 900xp and 500 of that was just for staying til the end. Should have gotten more for fixing the car and driving out of there while saving someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Gonna give this a try now. Add me if anyone wants to play - JaMarcusHustleIE (that's ie at the end).

No mic until tomorrow though, but I'm very obedient so just tell me what to do :pac:

• Advertisement

Hey man, what platform you on?

PS4, I should have said!

PS4, I should have said!

Cool will add ya shortly, send me an invite if you see me on playing - sheehy83

Sound man, will give ya a shout next time I'm on. Game is running so much better than yesterday. I don't usually turn on the mic with randoms but I make an exception for this game. Found a guy carrying a can of petrol for the car and I had the map, car key and battery. I was able to guide him to the car and we made our escape. Had about 8 games in a row earlier, no issues. Some funny glitches but nothing game breaking.

Fear works really well, dark rooms, no weopon, dead bodies, sightings of Jason, etc all add to fear. My character completely freaked out a while ago, my mini map disappeared and I couldn't run 10 feet without tripping over myself, proper 80's horror stuff.

Steam patch due tonight, ps4 patch tomorrow and Xbox probably Wednesday.
    F13 UPDATE - Monday, May 29th, 5 pm EST

OK, we made some big strides late last night and into the morning. We found several issues that were causing the database errors, missing XP, infinite saving while customizing characters, and perks not saving or appearing properly. Our number one focus was getting players past the database login error screen. Once we got to around 50K concurrent players, the database would not scale properly. We shut down all servers this morning to migrate the database to a larger cluster to help with scaling. Once we started servers back up, we could support 90K concurrent players. That’s good!

However, we are aware of the following issues that persist.

Login Database Error - Can’t sign in
    XP not saving or lost XP
    Infinite “saving” when customizing counselor, Jason, equipping kills, etc.
    Perks not saving or not appearing properly once “saved”.
    Can’t use Quick Play on XB1

What’s going on?

After 10 hours of digging around in the database, we discovered a few things. Right now we are pushing too much data across our database. Your player profile save data is too big, especially if you’re a higher level with lots of unlocks/perks/etc. It works just fine when there are only 30-40K players. Once that number grows, the database starts lagging. This lag is what keeps some players out AND causes all the weird XP, saving issues outlined above. In addition, we still need to scale to meet the demand which we’ve had a phase 2 of the database upgrade planned that we are working on today.

The Quick Play issue with XB1 requires a patch to fix. Meaning we can’t fix this “live” on our end. This requires our partner to help.

OK, how do you fix this?

We have made some good optimizations for retrieving and storing the player profile. We have cut down the calls made to retrieving and saving happen a bunch less. In addition, we have cut down the amount of data that is being saved to the database.

Cool, when do we get these fixes?

Steam users will get a patch late tonight or early tomorrow. PSN users will get this patch tomorrow. XB1 will probably be Wednesday. This isn’t because of favoritism, it’s simply how patches/hot fixes get rolled out. There is no certification process on Steam. Once we have a fix, we click a button, it goes live in 30 mins. PS and XB both have a rapid patch system, but they need to be certified by both PS/XB and this will take time due to today being a US holiday.

Oh wow, that was the most fun I've had online gaming in a long time!

I met 3 lads from England in a game so we partied up and had a blast. Such good fun. Haven't got to play as Jason yet, but don't want to set him as my preference. I like the randomness of it.

There's some obvious flaws to be fair, but that was just great fun. Don't think Ive enjoyed online gaming like that since the original Left 4 Dead.

It really, really needs people to use their mics though. I can imagine if I was in a game without one, or in a game where very few others had one, it wouldn't be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Is this not just a rip off of Dead by Daylight?

Is this not just a rip off of Dead by Daylight?

Seems like it to me too but just using a big Franchise name.

I'd like the perspective of someone who has played a decent amount of both....and also if they can see the community kind of dropping within 2 months as was the case with Dead by Daylight.

I don't think it's the kind of game that can sustain the numbers, L4D2 managed it, EVOLVE really failed quickly......I wanna wait 2 months before I purchase because I wanna see if there is a strong community or it's a 'flavour of the month' type of game,

I haven't played Dead by Daylight but have seen it mentioned on other forums comparing to this. Seems like the main difference is the balancing the devs did on that game (according to other players). People posting that the killer was balanced from complaints about it being too hard and then you were able to 1v1 the killer as a viable option. I've already seen complaints that this is too hard to survive but if Jason gets nerfed, then this would get stalle very very quickly, would probably put me off. It works so well at the moment because you just start running if you see Jason. 1v1 is most certain death. Hopefully the devs don't cave to people who just want to sprint around the map and complain it's too hard to escape.

• Advertisement

Watched some streams today.
    There are 3 maps.....for 40 quid ?

I think after a good 10 hours everyone is gonna know how to do everything, know all the maps, and it will get stale etc quite quickly.
    Doesn't seem to be enough content especially to warrant 40...and given the problems it has still....on the streams there were a LOT.

I'd buy it if it were cheaper ...maybe 20ish...dunno where they got their pricing model.

With regards to Jason's power....the longer it goes on he seems to get stronger. He can teleport...and kind do a kind of invisi dash that seems way OP and just destroy people. The only way I seen people escape was if they had a pocket knife and it gives them a temp stay of execution.

Advertisement