Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday the 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Watched some streams today.
    There are 3 maps.....for 40 quid ?

I think after a good 10 hours everyone is gonna know how to do everything, know all the maps, and it will get stale etc quite quickly.
    Doesn't seem to be enough content especially to warrant 40...and given the problems it has still....on the streams there were a LOT.

I'd buy it if it were cheaper ...maybe 20ish...dunno where they got their pricing model.

With regards to Jason's power....the longer it goes on he seems to get stronger. He can teleport...and kind do a kind of invisi dash that seems way OP and just destroy people. The only way I seen people escape was if they had a pocket knife and it gives them a temp stay of execution.

For the maps, the items are random generated every game and even the inside of each house/cabin has random generated rooms, even changing which windows are barred up just in case you think you can do a quick escape out the back but find it's closed up in this match. You never know where to go for the items to fix the car/boat/phone. You have to find a map (very small amount of them in a game) just to see locations of vehicles, exits, POI's. It could definitely do with more locations but so far, it has never felt familiar.

As for Jason's powers, yes they unlock as the match goes on. He is slow, some versions can't even run but he is only overpowered when councillors act the fool (sprinting around the map). When you make noise, you appear as a circle ping if you are close enough to Jason, telling him the general direction. Councillor Noise and Fear (2 seperate mechanics) determine how much they show up in Jason's sense ability. He's morph around the map ability is used if you hear a lot of commotion a good bit away from you.

As soon as Jason is in your area, his music will play which will be your queue to shut up, crouch and hide so you don't show up on his sense. He can use stalk ability to turn off his music and ampliphy his sense ability. This is a great addition as it means you should be careful at all times and not just when the music kicks in. His last ability is Rage, near the end of the match. With this, he can burst through doors and walls without having to knock them first. This is purely to stop people trying to waste down the 20 minute timer hiding under a bed and gives you a kick up the arse to try to actually escape before he gets Rage unlocked.

It's actually really balanced at the moment, just people don't know how to play properly. Could do with a proper tutorial I suppose.

I haven't even found a pocket knife yet :pac: I haven't found the phone or the CB radio. I found the boat once. I found the cars a few times but only got it fixed twice. Once I escaped, the other Jason dragged me out the window and tore one of my legs off.

Hopefully, some of their kickstarter goals will make it out as DLC.

v7njvnl06i0z.jpg

I highly recommed this vid for anyone playing. Lot of stuff I didn't have a clue about and describes the best way to play. This should all be in the game as a tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This really does look like a deadly game (pun very much intended :D) but every time I think about pulling the trigger I just can't find a way to justify the price for so little content. Hoping it gets a quick reduction for the sake of the community because a game like this needs it.

I think they'd have gotten more mileage out of this game if they made it about horror franchises in general and added the likes of Michael Myers and Ghostface which would fit the same engine but have slightly different abilities, but that would probably have tripled the cost to be fair. Having said that, if people are still playing this in a month's time, I think I'll have to give in because it looks like way too much fun to miss out on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

you could always try dead by daylight its like 15 euro and a lot more content, never played it myself tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Lone Stone wrote: »
    you could always try dead by daylight its like 15 euro and a lot more content, never played it myself tho.

Yeah just after looking it up and I see they have the full Halloween franchise in it on the PC version; Myers, Laurie as a survivor and Haddonfield as a map as well. At half the price too, it looks like a much better option for me personally but if those aren't included in the console version on release, it wouldn't appeal to me. It's the film character licenses that appeal to me the most, without them it's just another survival horror to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Seems like it to me too but just using a big Franchise name.

I'd like the perspective of someone who has played a decent amount of both....and also if they can see the community kind of dropping within 2 months as was the case with Dead by Daylight.

I don't think it's the kind of game that can sustain the numbers, L4D2 managed it, EVOLVE really failed quickly......I wanna wait 2 months before I purchase because I wanna see if there is a strong community or it's a 'flavour of the month' type of game,

I think it's better than dead by daylight there's a little bit more to the gameplay ,maps and theres
    different ways to escape

dead by daylight is the same escape every time and the maps are all kind of boring to me
    the graphics in Friday are much better except for the faces there bad

the crystal lake setting is very cool as a fan of the movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

Anyone on PS4 now fancy a game? I'm on for the next few hours.

Jamarcushustleie

Did you get sorted with private invites Bruv?

Anyone on PS4 now fancy a game? I'm on for the next few hours.

Jamarcushustleie

I'll be on around 12 for a late one if anyone's around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Did you get sorted with private invites Bruv?

yes renewed licenses and worked a charm thanks very much :)

I'm on now on ps4 if anyone's on for a game?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

This game is messy. Buggy. Controls are ropey. Hit boxes seem weird and it's probably too expensive for what it is.

I love it.

Great games there with JaMarcus and a private group of lads for the last 3 hours. Stealthy escaping with teamwork is well satisfying.

That was a great night. Logged in just after 9, and all of a sudden it's half 2 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

That was a great night. Logged in just after 9, and all of a sudden it's half 2 :pac:

Just randomly logged into my Boards account to check this thread to find you! Crazy coincidence!

Great games last night - feeling it today though haha

Just randomly logged into my Boards account to check this thread to find you! Crazy coincidence!

Great games last night - feeling it today though haha

Ah well man! Yupp, getting too old for them late nights, worth it though :)

Completely forgot I had a gym session at 8:30 this morning, bloody dying :o

I'll be on again later if any of ye are up for it. Though wont be as late a night! Have put together a little network of 10-15 people so hopefully can get some private games going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I just pulled the pin and it's downloading now, do you guys have a chat going on PS? My PSN is below and I'd love to grab a few games later.

dudeeile wrote: »
    I just pulled the pin and it's downloading now, do you guys have a chat going on PS? My PSN is below and I'd love to grab a few games later.

No but we should definitely start a chat group for it, will be an easy way to join matches. Even if there is a small number, we can make an in game party and then someone join quick match, that should get us all in an fill up the room then with randomers. Great when there's 8 people playing.

• Advertisement

Yh I will be on again too - but maybe not till 2.30!

Add me RedHighKing91, last night all of us had mics and it was great fun, being in a private party meant no connection issues which is great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

No but we should definitely start a chat group for it, will be an easy way to join matches. Even if there is a small number, we can make an in game party and then someone join quick match, that should get us all in an fill up the room then with randomers. Great when there's 8 people playing.

In fairness theres a good few chats on the PS4 for boardsies and alot of them only include 10-20 people and we add more etc when they ask but its always very handy to have a group chat per game in fairness.

I've created a chat now, added JaMarcus, Red and Dudeeile. Anyone else on ps4 want in, let me know.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I've created a chat now, added JaMarcus, Red and Dudeeile. Anyone else on ps4 want in, let me know.

Sure add me in, don't have the game yet but I will be picking it up :D

Add Murrkay aswell if you get a chance.

Added Jonny and Murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

Having played a number of games I have only had you bad experience. The host was saying it was random Jason and at last second before matched started chose themselves. he had poor internet so game was laggy. No one would use their mics to talk so working together was near impossible. I fixed the car with battery and gas. went looking for key till someone(as Tommy) ran by me and jumped into the car and tried to drive off. Jason arrives to stop us. Dude as Tommy,  he pulls out shotgun and shoots me instead of Jason.
    will be on tonight if anyone is up for a game on xbox: add me Gamertag: Penguinoverload

gmg678 wrote: »
    . Dude as Tommy,  he pulls out shotgun and shoots me instead of Jason.

We had a bit of 'friendly fire' last night which was actually hilarious and good fun!

We had a bit of 'friendly fire' last night which was actually hilarious and good fun!

I'd be quick to note it was completely accidental and not something we condone in our private matches! :)

• Advertisement

Yeah the friendly fire 'incident' was gas. Gas getting killed a minute into a match because the guy behind me thinks it would be a good idea to shoot Jason who is outside the house from where we are, nice and safe inside a house and hear about how he will get negative cp for it... Nope, not bitter about that at all :pac:

As for idiots online, I'd say it's about 50/50 between dickheads and people who just don't know how to play. First time I became Tommy, I thought I was getting a 2nd go until I read on a forum that you don't get any CP for escaping as Tommy. You're whole job as him is to help other people escape, gather parts, distract Jason, etc.

It's strange as well but every quick match I go into is full of English people, I think from Manchester going by the accents, very strange altogether.

Was in a quick game this morning and some gowls slagging another guy. Jokes on them as he was the only guy I couldn't kill. ****er hid the entire match, I couldn't find him at all and after the match he let everyone know how good he was. Personally, I prefer actually escaping than hiding under a bed for 20 minutes.

Advertisement