Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday the 13th

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was watching a stream of this today......looks intense :pac:, not my cup of tea though.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭gmg678

mostly been playing with Americans. games were great craic all round.
    funniest game was a guy had Pamela's sweater on and convinced to go find Jason and fight him thinking we could do some major damage to him. when we found him or he found us more like ,the guy some how was teleported away and left me for dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Players that run over to you when they're being chased...
    ???

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Grayditch wrote: »
    Players that run over to you when they're being chased...
    ???

Ha I've been guilty of this. When you are on your own with Jason on your tail and see a few friendly circles on the map, I make a beeline to them, safety in numbers and all that :)

I was installing the spark plug in the phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Add me to that PS4. Just downloading it atm

cheers

psn- Totzire1

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Add me to that PS4. Just downloading it atm

cheers

psn- Totzire1

added ya in there, this better not interrupt heists :P

I think I have Zero-Cool already, but I'm Snorkeldork on PSN.

I was installing the spark plug in the phone!

Ah heyor :pac:

I think I have Zero-Cool already, but I'm Snorkeldork on PSN.

Added ya to the chat group there man, swear I won't draw Jason on ya..... Unless I'm trying to save my own arse of course.

• Advertisement

I've played Jason 4 times now and only one person has survived because I didn't know I could swim at the time. "The one that got away" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »

What happened to holding off eh? :D

jonnycivic wrote: »

Ah no, heists will take priority. Shur I'm having great craic

You not gonna pick this up for a few weeks?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What happened to holding off eh? :D

I am holding off, Totz and dude didn't hence why I'm saying it better not come in the way of heists cos I'm doing them with them :P
    Ah no, heists will take priority. Shur I'm having great craic

You not gonna pick this up for a few weeks?

Well I'm stone broke for another 2 weeks so can't pick it up until then at the earliest but I read a few bits last night that made me think I might hold out longer but we will see when I watch you and dude etc and see how it goes.

I had only said it last night, best move in the game.

https://twitter.com/ImDaveUK/status/869894576374468608

uHyKQYL.jpg

Literally did everything, haha. Drove off with Tommy Jarvis but had to leave without someone who was across the map being chased. He absolutely lost it in the post match lobby. Like tears job.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

this any good lads?

this any good lads?

It's brilliant craic when you can find games and not get kicked before joining them or when a host leaves!

There are some amazing stories and techniques on Reddit.

"Best way to use stalk:

Don't kill anyone or kill a few people
    Hide in cabin near the blue car (everyone's main goal in every lobby I've been in)
    Turn on stalk when a group is finally close
    Let people start getting around the car
    Say you found the gas but have a weapon in "this cabin"
    Watch them carelessly come in to the cabin
    Instant grab/screams over mic"

Stalk is very underused from what I see. I was in a game yesterday, in a house searching for supplies happy out, turned a corner into a room and Jason standing right there for an insta grab kill. Took the shyte out of me.

• Advertisement

Update on PS4 from last night 5am GMT.
    Heads up to PS4 Users: Sony is going to be disabling EU game invites at 12AMEST. The team will be removing the region lock between US and EU versions of the game, allowing everyone to accept invites from their friends around the world.
    The entire merge should last around an hour or so, give or take.
    Keep in mind; this is not for general matchmaking just yet, we still have a patch coming to improve that functionality. You can do private matches for quicker gaming sessions!

Edit:
    Some info from the Steam patch (patch was rolled back due to issues but an idea of what will be added in the patch, ton of fixes but these are the improvements so far.

- Added a Random option in the lobby.
    - Turned intro volume down.
    - Increased effectiveness of Jason and Counselor spawn preference options. Shuffling the possible Jason list 3x as much to help randomness.
    - Disabled inhale sound effect for breathing while in a hiding spot.
    - Made dead body stingers less obnoxious: Ignored while being pursued by Jason; 10s cooldown; Will not fire for witnessed nearby deaths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

A lot of those updates were suggested on the subreddit which GUN have been active on. That's so great to see.

A lot of those updates were suggested on the subreddit which GUN have been active on. That's so great to see.

Yupp, seen them active on a few forums now and lots of interaction with people on facebook/twitter. I know it wasn't a smooth launch but you can tell they are working their bollox off to fix things. I wish they'd ignore trolls though but must be hard. "This game SUUUUUUXXXX....I havn't played it but I heard it's terrible and broken" kind of shyte.

Few great games last night. a few glitches that added to the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

gmg678 wrote: »

You overlord? I was the one who glitched in the car :pac: I love this game but wish the party mode would be fixed and quick match

Carroller wrote: »
    gmg678 wrote: »

You overlord? I was the one who glitched in the car :pac: I love this game but wish the party mode would be fixed and quick match
    yeah then you got away on the boat next game. great games. will be on again tomorrow evening.  you were Jason I think when I glitched as Tommy and went invisible after coming out of the water.

I was in a game with randomers, no mics. Someone called the cops and I escaped. I was watching someone else, they got to the exit and broke out in a fight, neither one of them would escape. They ran down the clock until eejit Jason finally shows up and then they escape. As the last 2, they just made everyone else watch and waste time

The next game then, I was on the other side of the map away from everyone, searched about 6 houses and got no key items. I hear a car horn so jumped out the window to see a lone guy waiting for me. Got in and we escaped. Well good of him as Jason is usually all over moving cars. I spawned straight back in as Tommy. Found a limping girl who started flashing the torch, flashed back and swore to protect her while we looked for first aid. After the 4th house, she tried to attack me.... While I'm holding a shotgun. Left her to it and started helping someone else.

Some very strange people playing this.

Got this vid yesterday before jumping on with some of the lads. Killed all 7 counselors. The Spine rip (1st kill) and leg break (gif) are my favourite kills so far. The leg break one, I got her just as she was limping to the cops, they must have been raging.

giphy.gif

Picked it up yesterday but only got to play 2 private matches with a few of the lads. Public matches we got into 1 and just as 2 of us grouped up I got booted :( we did get another game in but I didnt last long at all.

But its good fun to be Jason :D

• Advertisement

Updates for today:

We are making headway on Xbox One and PS4. We are not saying specifics as we want to be sure, 100% when we announce the patches that they are good to go. Bear with us, but know that our team has been working without much sleep to get these patches to you to improve matchmaking and other aspects for console gameplay. You are our top priority right now, and the moment we have news we will let you know. It's hard to come in and say 'stay tuned,' but your patience is appreciated. Things are looking up!

As for our Steam players; things seem to be stable! We are monitoring, but it issues with XP/CP gain seem to be gone. If you see any issues, please contact us with the Bug Report subforum we've set up on either the Steam Forum or forum.f13game.com.

With our launch smoothing out, we as a team cannot wait to start talking about continued support for this game, and our thanks to you fans, supporters and community. We appreciate the kind words and totally understand the frustration and will be doing everything we can to ensure that when you play, that it's going to be fun!

-Gun

https://www.facebook.com/Fridaythe13thGame/posts/1786493848032772

Advertisement