Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday the 13th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

biggebruv wrote: »
    try to get into private games if your on ps4 use the community it's really good for getting great games

Yeah I usually would but if I get a free 20 minutes, I would jump into quick play. Think I might stick with other games for a quick fix and play this when I can get a private game going

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sure plenty of us have it now so should be going private games as often as possible :D

We shall convince a few more to buy aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

PS4 i take it, not PC lads.

Might bite the bullet and get it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    PS4 i take it, not PC lads.

Might bite the bullet and get it.

Yeah PS4 for a good few of us :)

if you are getting the ps4 version just let us know and we will add you into the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

I'm on the PC version if anyone else interested.
    PC master race #1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Im on the fence so im buying this or Vanquish before midnight tonight????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

dreamers75 wrote: »

Jaysus I didn't think you were going to make us wait until morning for the answer, I'd have been in bed 40mins ago.

dreamers75 wrote: »

Which did you buy? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

It will be interesting to see how this stacks up against Dead By Daylight when it releases for console on the 20th.
    From what I've seen so far 13th requires more tactics and has slower paced gameplay while DBD tends to be a little less tactics and faster paced.

Both have an RNG element and perks. So far I'm leaning towards DBD but I might end up getting both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

I love this game, but anyone else running out of steam with it? Could really do with more maps or more objectives as a counsellor, or even some more game modes.

• Advertisement

I love this game, but anyone else running out of steam with it? Could really do with more maps or more objectives as a counsellor, or even some more game modes.

Devs said their next patch will contain new content, what that will be who knows but from the kickstarter goals, they definitely have a good few plans. Just wonder if the DLC will be free or not. Hopefully it will be free to not splinter off the current community and draw more people in to buy it.

As for DBD, I have only seen videos of it and not too pushed. I think this Friday 13th looks better so will be sticking with it.

Definitely needs regular updates to keep it going though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Which did you buy? :P

Vanquish and Ylands, Dead Before Daylight made me think twice about this :o

Anyone up for a couple of games on ps4?

Playing with Marcus there, I found a randomer and through mic teamwork, we found walkies, maps, 2 batteries, car keys and the car. We were talking to other survivors over the walkie telling them where the car was one if anyone with pro make their way there. Turned out fruitless in the end as 2 of the 5 survivors found their way on top of a wardrobe and decided to sit it out. They were the last 2 and I had to watch Marcus as Jason look for knives to try kill them. He killed one but I couldn't watch anymore and quit, but not before taking a screenshot and tweeting the Devs. They got straight back to me saying they will put in a fix in the next patch.

Imagine going "Hey let's throw on Friday 13th and go to that spot on the wardrobe and stay there for 20 minutes, it will be a great laugh man."

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Redhighking

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Playing with Marcus there, I found a randomer and through mic teamwork, we found walkies, maps, 2 batteries, car keys and the car. We were talking to other survivors over the walkie telling them where the car was one if anyone with pro make their way there. Turned out fruitless in the end as 2 of the 5 survivors found their way on top of a wardrobe and decided to sit it out. They were the last 2 and I had to watch Marcus as Jason look for knives to try kill them. He killed one but I couldn't watch anymore and quit, but not before taking a screenshot and tweeting the Devs. They got straight back to me saying they will put in a fix in the next patch.

Imagine going "Hey let's throw on Friday 13th and go to that spot on the wardrobe and stay there for 20 minutes, it will be a great laugh man."

Jason can actually hit them through the wall with the axe!

Yeah people using glitch spots in this are going to ruin the game. The only way at the moment to play it is through Private matches which is a shame.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah people using glitch spots in this are going to ruin the game. The only way at the moment to play it is through Private matches which is a shame.

Anyone we've picked up through the community has been resonable to play with, in every games ya get twits who will use whatever method, no matter how tedious or boring to get an advantage.

dudeeile wrote: »
    Anyone we've picked up through the community has been resonable to play with, in every games ya get twits who will use whatever method, no matter how tedious or boring to get an advantage.

Yeah we have had some good groupings in fairness. An advantage is one thing but down right cheating is bad form especially when your forcing people to watch you standing in one spot an jason cant touch them.

Anyone fancy a few games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

How quick is it to get up to speed with this do you reckon?? Not purchased it or anything but sounds gas.

Is a headset a must?

Batesy wrote: »
    How quick is it to get up to speed with this do you reckon?? Not purchased it or anything but sounds gas.

Is a headset a must?

You can have fun right from the off, you won't be left behind, people will have quite a few levels on you but that just means they have access to different Jasons, different kills and their counsellors will be carrying perks, sounds like a lot but it’s not.

It's a fun game and I have enjoyed it more in full parties with people on mics, while a mic is not essential, the way I would look at it is, if other people are doing their best to mic up and contribute then it's nice to also make the effort. That said though I play most games on mic and I know not everyone is the same, if I had the choice of someone on mic and someone that wasn't, you know who I'd choose.

Still not convinced on the longevity of the game but dlc is promised, I would expect it to be free but who knows, I'll still log in for sessions but I can't see myself playing more than once a week going forward and probably even less than that to be honest.

PC patch live now, with a content update coming 'soon'. This should mean console patches should follow shortly. Fixed map glitch locations, matchmaking and other things.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2333276539598578047/

I've watched the first 7 films now, only 5 more to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

My experience playing with the shotgun

'Thank You' Party starting tomorrow. Free DLC includes 2 new outfits for each counselor, 13,000 free CP, double xp weekend (this weekend coming) and....... A new retro Jason with his own chipmunk music :pac:

They keep saying how it's free which makes me think be maps and characters will have a charge, hope that's not the case though.

https://twitter.com/Friday13thGame/status/876816793796571136

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

13,000 free Customization Points (26 perk rolls) isn't too shabby at all

If you didn't already have the game that would make it more than worth picking up today

*hint hint @genericdreadhead

If the maps aren't free the game will die completely in a few weeks.

Personally I haven't played it in well over a week and only gave it two full days(not finished with it as such but there's not a whole pile to keep me hard on it)

If there's nothing free to bring me back then I won't go back at all.

Without a player base they won't get new purchasers down the line.

I'd certainly see myself making returns to this at intervals provided maps come for free.

Yeah, if the maps are charged, it will seriously impact the life of the game. Give the maps free and charge for new Jason's. Counselors, clothes and ****.

Also, here is the Jason that retro of based on :)

640.jpg

friday-the-13th-game-retro-jason-free-dlc.jpg.optimal.jpg

• Advertisement

Patch is out now on PC and PS4. CP is missing for a lot of people though.

No Xbox patch yet, it didn't pass certification.

Advertisement